FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Snake Serve by Brett Clarke

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2014 at 3:16am
Absolutely nuts, wonderful !!! LOL
Sponsored Links

JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 5:26pm
2 more from Fred at 1:25 here on an old vid.

Get's me with it every time.
Brett Clarke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by JKC JKC wrote:

Hi JKC, Fred's serves at 1:21 is actually the type of reverse serve that I do when I play/coach these days. I use the reverse that I did in the video less often. Fred aced you with a snake variation at 1:29 which fits in very nicely with his style of reverse.

I'll tell you what I like a lot btw, although I'm off topic. The style of backhand off-the-bounce he played at 1:40. The mechanics are close to perfect, in my opinion. I will make a backhand video at some stage soon, explaining in my "style" how to learn such a stroke as I feel the backhand is often misunderstood.

Fred's age?

Cheers, Brett

Table Tennis Videos by Brett Clarke
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Brett Clarke Brett Clarke wrote:

Originally posted by JKC JKC wrote:

I'll tell you what I like a lot btw, although I'm off topic. The style of backhand off-the-bounce he played at 1:40. The mechanics are close to perfect, in my opinion. I will make a backhand video at some stage soon, explaining in my "style" how to learn such a stroke as I feel the backhand is often misunderstood.

Fred's age?

Cheers, Brett

I feel the same way after just seeing this "older" video of Fred.   Wonderful backhand shots and his touch and feel for the game is incredible!   I have not seen a vid of him in a long time.....how long ago was this one JKC?     I was amazed to see his play and how it has progressed so much.

nathanso View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nathanso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/2014 at 10:21pm
Incredible ball control and variety of spins.
BBC, SP, LP
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2014 at 1:34am
He was 11 when we made this vid. It was 6 months ago.

He had had 4 weeks+ off with a wrist injury before we made the following vid (in my sig) which is why he doesn't look so sharp in that one.
mwechsler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwechsler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 9:57am
I tried to access your video Brett, but I get "private video, access denied" message.
Marius
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 10:31am
Ooops!  Wrong video! :)
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 12:13pm
Are the videos private for everyone else as well?
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 1:12pm
Yes, the original video about the serve is private
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
ttsquared View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttsquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 1:31pm
Saw it once - a great vid. Is it available to ttedge members? Anyone know how to get access?
Viscaria: Yinhe Big Dipper, Tuttle Beijing 4
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 2:32pm
Fred should use more his non-playing hand.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
JKC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JKC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/04/2014 at 5:31pm
He should if we want to create a textbook player. Not much point in that though. The next European player to be truly competitive with the Chinese is unlikely to have an entirely textbook game. If we constantly aim to iron out the individuality and then we play into the hands of the Chinese who can always work harder and longer on the ordinary.

Edited by JKC - 11/04/2014 at 5:31pm
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 1:09am
Can anyone explain, why I can`t watch the video of this snake serve in the first post? It seems, that everyone else can watch it, but I not. I always get a notice, that this video is "privat", no matter, if I try to watch it on Facebook or in Youtube. I am clueless. Confused
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2014 at 2:10am
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

Can anyone explain, why I can`t watch the video of this snake serve in the first post? It seems, that everyone else can watch it, but I not. I always get a notice, that this video is "privat", no matter, if I try to watch it on Facebook or in Youtube. I am clueless. Confused
It was viewable when it was first posted. Perhaps OP might have changed permissions on it. Might want to send him message to change permissions it.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2014 at 11:12am

I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2014 at 8:12pm
when doing the snake and reverse , in both of them , his hand move in the same direction ( towards the left) but with different contact points , making 1 a topspin and the other a backspin

but how is his snake serve producing a ball that is curving towards the left , instead of right like the reverse serve

Edited by _maddic - 11/10/2014 at 8:19pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/11/2014 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by _maddic _maddic wrote:

when doing the snake and reverse , in both of them , his hand move in the same direction ( towards the left) but with different contact points , making 1 a topspin and the other a backspin

but how is his snake serve producing a ball that is curving towards the left , instead of right like the reverse serve

Hi maddic, the illusion is created by having a small movement inside a larger movement. When you look at the big picture, your mind believes both swings (reverse and snake) should make the ball curve right. But if you were to just focus in on my wrist, you would see the small wrist movement on the snake that makes the ball go left. Try blocking everything out, except for my wrist. 

Using different contact points on the bat helps as well I'm able to make the wrist movement very small by touching the ball on the top and side.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2014 at 5:48am
A serious follow up of the Snake Serve:

Love it! ClapClapClapLOL

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2014 at 6:06am
Bears! This ties back to the "honey on topsheet" thread.

We were warned there would be bears. And here they are, critisising our technique to rub salt into the wounds.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Clarke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2014 at 6:09am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Bears! This ties back to the "honey on topsheet" thread.

We were warned there would be bears. And here they are, critisising our technique to rub salt into the wounds.

LL Beary is a Polar Bear and eats fish only. Nothing to do with honey!
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2014 at 6:20am
That's what they want you to think.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic