Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

729 Focus I

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TTfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TTfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 729 Focus I
    Posted: 06/12/2006 at 2:57am

Does anyone know what type of sponge is on the 729 Focus I rubber and what the hardness is?

Anyone tried it?

Thanks a lot!

Sponsored Links

azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 3:38am
im using 729 focus I on a carbon blade primorac carbon and loved it... the sponge is more or less as soft as sriver el (i would say 35 deg) with a built in speed glue effect and the top sheet is tacky (not too tacky but just enough tacky for the high loop game). you have to speed glue it to have  it work 100% ...previously i was using it with BTY kumpuru (off-) with out glue...it was like too mushy. a friend of mine told me it was more like the dhs 666 (never tried this rubber before).
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 4:09pm

I am not sure about what is available elsewhere, but the Focus 1 I have is a little different than what azrin described. Compared to typical Chinese rubbers the Focus topsheet is thinner, more elastic and less sticky. The sponge was more like 40 degrees, and I did not notice any tension effect. I gave a sheet to a 2100 friend of mine who was playing H3 on his backhand and he immediately liked it better and played a tournament with it that week. His comment was that since it was elastic but not overly tacky, he really liked the way he could convert backspin to topspin. (I.E. loop pushes)

wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 5:15pm
How does its speed and spin compare to H2 and H3?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Xiom Sigma Pro Red and Black
Butterfly Amultart
Tenergy 05 Black and Red 64
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 6:56pm
Iv been playing a lot with focus and I like it but its also kinda difrent.

one sheet I have has the green trancend sponge around 41 and another one has cream colored sponge thats probably around 39. very nice and fast but also heavy.

the top sheet is very elastic and soft and thick but NOT very tacky. I think of it as the big brother of the LKT rubbers.

btw, this rubber is HUGE in china. A lot of people love this rubber, over there.
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 7:06pm
He had H3 on the other side of his blade, so I can comment on the difference between those 2. H3 was slightly faster and spinnier, and as would be expected the control was a little better with the Focus.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 8:29pm

Interesting they there are 2 version (at least). Perhaps one is a china release and the other an export release? Or perhaps they have changed the version over time?

If it's so popular in China it's amazing there is so little info on these...

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2006 at 9:51pm
I think the sponges are pretty much the same, I just think they have different pigments they want to use up.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 1:59am
Thanks for the comparison Alphapong.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
alphapong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/13/2006 at 1:39pm
I just recalled something that I though I should add. When I  tried his blade with Focus and H3, the H3 was 2.2 and the Focus 2.0. So it is likely that the sponge thickness had a lot to do with the H3 being slightly more powerful. 
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 12:35am
im using focus I with 2.2mm thickness...it feels great with a carbon blade. . on the other hand i played h3 2.2 with my KLHS. focus I is more bouncy than H3...
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 1:42am
It all depends on how hard the sponge is on the h3.  Luck of the draw.  But the focus topsheet should be faster.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
alf90909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alf90909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 6:20am

DHS hurricane3 is much better than focus 1

haha

http://shop.paipai.com/154299456   
MSN:[email protected]
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 9:04am
has anyone who has used erikps and focus, make a comparison?
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 10:39pm
So the Focus uses mechanical spin as opposed to the brushing spin of H3, so it is a btter BH rubber.  Is Focus a good hitting rubber?
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 11:10pm
h3 is better at flat hitting...direct response rubber. focus I has more dwell...and good catapult effect, more or less bouncy. both are good rubber...i prefer both lol...sorry for this recommendation.
wfwfitz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfwfitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2006 at 11:16pm
Nothing to be sorry about Azrin.  Thanks for your help.  I see you use both on FH.
Wfwfitz
Xiom Axelo
Butterfly Amultart
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/15/2006 at 3:46am
focus I is different...not purely chinese or japanese nor euro...its like ...how should i say this...this rubber has the essence of chinese, jap and euro. in a sense...weigth of a chinese rubber, click like a euro rubber, soft top sheet like the japenese rubber...when its new it really sucks so does h3...primmed it then you will see/feel the difference 
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2006 at 2:45am

my focus I
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 7:24pm

Does anyone know whay Zeropong only has 2.0 in RED?  Is it a matter of INVENTORY or they just make them in 2.2?

Also, I'd like to add that I agree that the sponge hardness is around Sriver EL.  Topsheet TEXTURE(only) is very similar to Bryce FX.  It is not tacky at all, but is very GRIPPY.  So low speed spin and serves are really good with this rubber.  IT is very shiny at an angle when it is brand new.  It's elasticity is really good as well.

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 7:28pm
I totally agree
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
gigmyster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigmyster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 10:59pm

is FOCUS 1  have tensor tech spong I thought that if you had tensor spong you should not speed glue??? GIG

thunderblade
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 2:38am

Is it tensioned?  If it is, I didn't know.  Does anyone know for sure.  Let me know so I can remove . . . on second thought I will remove the rubber now.  I don't want to damage the rubber.

Has anyone found the FOCUS 2 anywhere?  Is it a recent release in other countries?

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 3:16am
theres a focus II on ebay right now. no, focus is not a "tensor" rubber it has "sensor" tech. hahah what that means. nobody knows. focus with a little bit of glue is amazing!!!!
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2006 at 3:18am

thanks Kollins for the fast response.  I was just about to remove the rubber . . . LOL.

. . and for the ebay headsup 

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
gigmyster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigmyster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 10:57pm
I heard there is already a focus 111  ?? i want to use some persson light  glue on it ?? should be OK  GIG
thunderblade
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 11:18pm
3 already . . . dang that was fast.  Is it faster than the previous?  Or what is the difference?  It's a great rubber.  It has a weird kick to the topspin which is great.
Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
AZNpenholdloop View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZNpenholdloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 11:36pm
Focus II is out in Beijing, but Focus III is still alittle hard to find here, but one store has like 6 sheets of it. I got a sheet of Focus II, cant wait to try it out!
Avalox 550
FH: Blue Whale II Factory Tuned 38 deg.
BH: White Shark II Factory Tuned
SDRamones View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SDRamones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2006 at 11:38pm

oooohhh!

Do you have Focus 1?  If so, how do you like it.  It's different than most rubbers out on the market. 

Sean Ramones - USA 91709
Ebay Feedback
For Sale
azrin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azrin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2006 at 12:12am
wow i m left behind with the version I, when my rubber wears out id probably be  getting the focus III skipping version II. so far im loving I as it is... but you guys sure knows how to lure a fish in the water....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic