Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

is it confirmed chinese players boost rubbers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

I have not heard that Tibhar MX-P has been banned by ITTF. Open up a package and it smells strongly like Dandoy Biobooster. I'm not sure where Igorponger read this. Again, the reason ITTF banned VOC solvents in glue was for safety.

Hard to see why they even care about boosters.

same with rakza9 smell the same like trf dandoy booster but its hard to believe a pro is gonna play with rakza 9

Maybe not but there are quite a few pros in Europe playing with Evolution rubbers.
Sponsored Links

berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 10:42pm
(Baal)  Berndt, you are an idiot.  I am sorry it comes to this.  But that is the case.  

Because if you take the point of view that factories can't do it because it entails a "physical, chemical or other treatment", then the problem is that everything the factories do in the manufacturing of the rubber would be illegal.  Every step they take in the manufacturing of the rubber is a physical, chemical, or other treatment.   When does one decide that the rubber itself has completed the manufacturing process? 

(Baal again)  And, the latest ITTF List of Approved Racket Coverings (LARC) from September of this year includes Tibhar Evolution MX-P, which for anyone who has ever used it, is pretty much the epitome of a factory-boosted rubber.  Anyone who has ever opened a pack of that rubber, or has ever sniffed Dandoy booster would know that smell in one second,  

(B. Mann)  Obviously, you insolent twit, at least one factory, that factory which manufactures Tibhar Evolution Evolution MX-P, does, in your own considered scientific opinion, manufacture "pretty much the epitome  of a factory boosted rubber".  Was Sriver "pretty much the epitome of a factory boosted rubber"?  Yasaka Cobra?  Mark V?  Does any player really need to use Dandoy booster, or any other booster for that matter?

I did not just get off a banana boat, metaphorically speaking.  I know damn well that manufacturing table tennis rubbers entails physical, chemical, or other treatment(s).  

The question at hand, though, is, is igorponger suffering from delerium tremens, simply delusional, or just a plain barefaced liar when he posted that as of August 1, 2017, the ITTF would no longer permit factory boosted/tuned rubbers?  I don't know the answer to that question, as I indicated on my last post on this subject.  Nor do I know, as I also indicated, from what ITTF source his claim came from.

Nor do I know why he would, as I have posted, unless he is a drunk, suffering from premature dementia, or a lying sack of (expletive deleted), have made the post that he made.  His reputation is at stake, as is your own if you accuse a fellow member in print of this table tennis forum without definitive proof of being a falling down flat-ass quivering drunk.

Edited by berndt_mann - 09/12/2017 at 4:05pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 10:51pm
Of course they all boost. Anyone who played in the speed-glue era can hear the difference between a boosted and unboosted racket. I think it was Henzell who said something like the CNT's rackets were all noisy but Ma Lin's sounded like a gunshot. (This is not to single out the CNT, other top teams boost too).

Another way of looking at it is that some top atheletes in any given sport will cheat with stuff that is detectable but they try to get away with it e.g. by taking small doses, timing it so that it is likely to be undetectable by the time they are tested, strapping tubes connected to clean urine to their privates etc.  Armstrong loved to say that he was the most tested athlete in history. Imagine how many sprinters would be clean if steroids were undetectable.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 12:15am
(Baal)  As for Igor, he writes a lot of stuff here that could only come from somebody in the fits of delirium tremens.  (Funny too that you are willing to accept his word because he is an umpire, because previously you were unwilling to accept the rulings of ITTF umpires qualified to work international matchesas to the legality of serves.  

(B. Mann)  According to a check of the ITTF list of certified International Umpires as of 2016, Igor Novick's name was not on that eleven page list.  He was not a certified International Umpire, and I am now skeptical as to whether he was ever a Certified International Umpire.

Igor Novick's reputation if indeed he was ever a certified International Umpire is tarnished.  I hope that he has an explanation for deceiving me, admittedly gullible in initially acceptiing his word concerning the banning of factory boosted/tuned rubbers as of August 1st of this year, as well as others who read his post.

Igor Novick is deceitful unless he can cite a credible source from the International Table Tennis Federation to support his claim.  

Whether or not Igor Novick suffers from fits of delerium tremens is a question that you are not qualified to diagnose from cyberspace as you are not a physician, and while, since I am the epitome  of a courteous Tucsonan I would not go so far as to call you an idiot for your conjecture based on his posts of igorponger's penchant for consumption of alcoholic beverages, I will say that that is bloody cheeky of you.  A deceiver, unless he can prove otherwise, certainly.  

As for qualified International Umpires and the legality of serves, this issue becomes a matter of faith inasmuch as qualified International Umpires very very seldom call any international player's serve, male or female, illegal.  We just have to accept their word for that, don't we?

Edited by berndt_mann - 09/11/2017 at 12:38am
bmann1942
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 12:49am
Let's talk a bit about gullibility:

All of the pros who attack all of the time use only factory tuned rubbers.  (Except maybe for Timo Boll)

None of the pros boost their rubbers with boosters. 

None of the pros serve illegally if qualified International Umpires don't call their services illegal.  

Boosting a rubber doesn't matter, because you can play just as well if you don't boost.

Table tennis is just fine the way it is.

Now that's gullibility.  Mixed in with the cognitive faculties of a fruit fly, should you actually give some credence to that happy horse dung. 

Edited by berndt_mann - 09/11/2017 at 1:16am
bmann1942
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 1:44am
So why are Baal and Berndt fighting?  I mean, is this conversation meaningful in any way, or just throwing rocks at each other?

Facts:

1. ITTF chose to make boosting illegal.  People can choose to agree or disagree with the decision, or to challenge their reasoning, but it's a waste of time.  I went through that with their switch from celluloid to poly; they don't care about and are not influenced by our opinions.

2. Most professionals boost anyway, but if ITTF made a rule against boosting, then they're probably looking for a way to enforce that rule.

As an aside: the argument about whether lower rated players should boost is as old as the advent of speed glue.  It's going to happen, so get over it.

3. Some rubbers are manufactured factory tuned/boosted.  In the past, manufactured rubbers only had to be the same as the sample rubbers that were submitted to ITTF for approval.  If someone got approval for a factory boosted rubber, then it was legal, while the same rubber, boosted at home (so the approved version was not factory-boosted) is illegal.  It's not a question of what's fair or not, it's just the way the ITTF works.

4. By the same token, if ITTF decides to withdraw approval for some rubbers (supposedly because they were factory tuned, but it could really be for any reason), then that's their right.  Although, like Baal, I would need to see proof to believe it, but it certainly could happen if they wanted.

Personally, I'm a lot more upset about illegal serves and the 40+ balls than boosting, but I know ITTF will keep doing whatever it wants.  It's not a democracy and it's not accountable to us (any of the players).
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 3:22am
igor was referring to the following proposition at the AGM 2017.

P.109
Quote Proposed by the ITTF Equipment Committee

To amend Technical Leaflet:
- T4 for Racket Coverings (update)
Page 11: Companies that sell boosters should not be permitted to have ITTF authorized equipment.

Boosting is an illegal practice, and companies that sell the boosters are enabling and encouraging players to do this. At the same time, those companies are able to use the fact that they produce boosters for a special marketing advantage that can make their products seem more appealing. For example (these are not actual statements they have made):
     o “Our rubbers are specially formulated to be used with our boosters.”
     o “If you like our boosters, you can buy our rubbers that are pre-boosted to save you the trouble of boosting.”
     o “If you like our rubbers but want something slightly different, just buy our booster and use it on a different rubber.”

Furthermore, as a general principle, the ITTF should avoid association with companies that encourage practices that violate ITTF rules.

P.121
Quote 6. Supplier’s responsibilities
It is the responsibility of the suppliers to keep their brands on the LARC by paying the fees and maintaining the original properties of the racket covering as authorised, without alterations.

Suppliers that produce, market, sell, or are otherwise associated with illegal substances and treatments may not apply for authorisation of any racket covering. Their equipment will not be permitted to appear on the LARC, and may not use the ITTF logo.

It has been 3 months since the AGM and the results have yet to be made public. Either way, assuming it has been passed, the ITTF has NOT outlawed factory boosting, but instead intends to eradicate aftermarket boosting at the source.

They've finally put them up. AGM. BoD.

Edited by zeio - 03/02/2018 at 4:41am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 7:18am
Sharara's response on factory versus aftermarket boosting.

9 years in and we, which they don't care, are still in this mess.

Well, what can we expect when it took them just as long to properly put their stance on illegal substances in the T4.

http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=63176#p63176
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24005&title=adham-factory-tuned-rubbers

Edited by zeio - 09/11/2017 at 7:29am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 8:15am
By the same reasoning igor used, our nets are illegal because raising tbe height was propsed at the AGM. Until something appears in T4, current rules apply, so anything applied in the factory is legal and anything applied by a player, even if it is the same substance used by the factory is illegal (albeit undetectable). Also, even is there was no booster and we still had 1989 service rules Berndt would complain because he liked 1959 better and interjects that into every single thread; but perhaps not for long if he doesn't head my warning. I am running out of patience.

So here is tbe deal. This thread is about what boosters some pros might use for those who care. It is duely noted and stipulated that some people strongly object to boosting. We get that. You have made the point, here and in other threads.

All subsequent cooments on this thread objecting to boosting will be hidden because it is noted that some members object. This thread is about what booster, how and who.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 4:45pm

DianChi Oil Booster

DianChi Oil (Chinese 典馳 典驰 油) is the best tuner now.It is used by a lot of the top players, Ma Long, Hao Shuai, Li XiaoXia, Guo Yan etc, even Timo Boll use Dianchi!!!Very durable, ~ 1 monthsVOC level <

< ="http://ttnpp.com/store/cart" id="buy_block" method="post">

< name="qty" id="quantity_wanted" ="text" value="1" size="2" maxlength="3" ="text">

$52.00

< ="http://ttnpp.com/store/cart" id="buy_block" method="post">

By buying this product you can collect up to 5 loyalty points. Your cart will total 5 points that can be converted into a voucher of $1.00.

http://ttnpp.com/store/booster/527-dianchi-oil-booster-2085639347-2085639536-27833-34.h

Edited by berndt_mann - 09/11/2017 at 4:50pm
bmann1942
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 5:07pm
Excellent.  Berndt has just won some ttnpp loyalty points, worth exactly $1.00  which he can share with Timo.
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 5:17pm

Edited by roundrobin - 09/11/2017 at 8:10pm
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 6:05pm
To roundrobin:  Your entire post is a non sequitur.

To Baal:  How long will you persist in trying to defend the indefensible?

Otherwise, no comment.  Res ipsa loquitur.

bmann1942
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 6:56pm
i know somes player frome national team chinese personally and by somes friend and is sure 10000% they boost his rubber ....

for french player in national team all i know use booster too ....

Edited by panany - 09/11/2017 at 6:57pm
panany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote panany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/11/2017 at 7:01pm
then all depends players... some prefer lidu, somes haifu , somes kailin...

i has talk with zhou yu few days ago and he says he uses , for h3 haifu i dont what what color he uses i dont ask him .... and kailin for backhand...

but i listen just few use haifu black... most use haifu yellow .....

and for lot of chinese player of province lot of use kailin....

if u have any question u can ask me... and if i can i will try answer u or try ask somes friends :)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 5:29pm

Edited by berndt_mann - 09/12/2017 at 9:52pm
bmann1942
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 10:06pm

Dianchi Oil Booster

Dianchi Oil BoosterEnlarge

Dianchi Oil Booster is one of the best table tennis tuners which have ever been produced.

It is famous for its quality and long lasting effect. A lot of top table tennis players (including Ma Long and Timo Boll) use this table tennis booster.

http://www.pingpong777.com/booster-dlya-nastolnogo-tennisa.html?language=En

Edited by berndt_mann - 09/12/2017 at 10:09pm
bmann1942
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 10:35pm

Who is boosting?

From the sounds of all, practically all of the world’s top table tennis players are boosting their rubbers. This has been confirmed by a number of different international players and coaches.

Ben Larcombe, June 27, 2016

https://www.experttabletennis.com/best-table-tennis-booster/

Edited by berndt_mann - 09/12/2017 at 10:39pm
bmann1942
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 10:58pm
STOP PLEASE 
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 8:56am
(Ben Larcombe, English table tennis coach)

Table Tennis Boosters

While boosting your table tennis rubbers is technically against ITTF rules, it is commonplace among elite players and even occurs at World Tour events! If you are interested in boosting your rubbers you should check out my articles, How to Boost Your Table Tennis Rubber and The Best Table Tennis Booster.

https://www.experttabletennis.com/equipment/

According to the four sources I have cited, boosting a table tennis rubber, though illegal according to ITTF rules, is either commonplace or almost universally done by the world's best table tennis players.

Does anyone on this forum care to either confirm or deny that sources I have cited are either correct or mistaken?

Edited by berndt_mann - 09/13/2017 at 9:08am
bmann1942
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:04am
The mods should lock this thread or this man!
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

(Ben Larcombe, English table tennis coach)

<h2 style="-sizing: border-; font-family: Quicksand, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.2; margin: 0px 0px 20px; font-size: 3.2rem;">Table Tennis Boosters</h2><p style="-sizing: border-; margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px; font-family: "Cormorant Garamond", serif; font-size: 22px;">While boosting your table tennis rubbers is technically against ITTF rules, it is commonplace among elite players and even occurs at World Tour events! If you are interested in boosting your rubbers you should check out my articles, How to Boost Your Table Tennis Rubber and The Best Table Tennis Booster.

<p style="margin: 0px 0px 30px; padding: 0px;"><font face="Cormorant Garamond, serif"><span style="font-size: 22px;">https://www.experttabletennis.com/equipment/</span>

_

Yes, this is the truth that some naive people on this forum dont want to know. Just don't understand why.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:13am
If ALL the pros are boosting then no one has an unfair advantage by definition.

The  ITTF rule is stupid.

FdT
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

This is a good discussion, why lock it?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:16am
Originally posted by Fulanodetal Fulanodetal wrote:

If ALL the pros are boosting then no one has an unfair advantage by definition.

The  ITTF rule is stupid.

FdT

yes, quite a stupid rule,

Edited by jackwong23 - 09/13/2017 at 9:17am
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:21am

The thread is entitled is it confirmed chinese players boost rubbers.  The four sources I have cited confirm that either "a lot" or almost all of the world's top players boost their rubbers.  This, though presently undetectable, is an illegal practice.  It is cheating, whether detectable or not, and utterly soils any portrail that might be made by anyone who condones this practice or proclaims it superficial and not worthy of discussion, that table tennis at its highest level is an honest sport played by honest players.

bmann1942
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:25am
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

The thread is entitled is it confirmed chinese players boost rubbers.  The four sources I have cited confirm that either "a lot" or almost all of the world's top players boost their rubbers.  This, though presently undetectable, is an illegal practice.  It is cheating, whether detectable or not, and utterly soils any portrail that might be made by anyone who condones this practice or proclaims it superficial and not worthy of discussion, that table tennis at its highest level is an honest sport played by honest players.

Yes, basically all top players boost their rubbers, with the exceptions of mizutani and boll
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

Yes, basically all top players boost their rubbers, with the exceptions of mizutani and boll

We should also include Harimoto in that list since it's now become a RULE that tt players SHOULD ride Harimoto's D because of his age (despite his legs not being able to support the combined weights of 100 obese men yet).
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by HuLimei HuLimei wrote:

Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

We should also include Harimoto in that list since it's now become a RULE that tt players SHOULD ride Harimoto's D because of his age (despite his legs not being able to support the combined weights of 100 obese men yet).

what is the letter D ?
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 9:37am
"The thread is entitled is it confirmed chinese players boost rubbers.  The four sources I have cited confirm that either "a lot" or almost all of the world's top players boost their rubbers. "

Not even close. The claims on a webpage could not be considered "confirmed statements" when it is clear that the purpose of those claims is to sell equipment. It is advertising. Now this does not mean pros do not boost. I suppose they do. However the claim is not whether they boost. The claim is whether ALL OF THEM BOOST. 

My question is why are we focusing on the chinese players only? Wasn't it the hungarian playesr who started using speed glue back in the late 70's in the first place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwdk871CzZw

Obviously it was not illegal then, but the hungarians did enjoy an advantage.

FdT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic