FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Clipper Wood J.T.T.A.A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clipper Wood J.T.T.A.A
    Posted: 10/15/2014 at 12:42am
Thanks to Mr. Takizawa from iruiru for picking the weight that I want which is 92-95 gr. He asked stiga.jp for the weight and found 92 and 94 gr for me.

Edited by peter79 - 10/18/2014 at 12:08am
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sponsored Links

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 3:22am

finishing is much better
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

patwhall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patwhall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 6:23am
Beautiful blade, wonder how it plays compare to the non JTTA Clipper.  
DHS W997, H3 BS, FX-P
GSOM_GSOM11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSOM_GSOM11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 8:31am
What is the thickness of this blade? 6.3, 6.8 or maybe 7mm?
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 9:23am
How come there are different versions of the same blade? 
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by patwhall patwhall wrote:

Beautiful blade, wonder how it plays compare to the non JTTA Clipper.  

Actually it's still in my sister's place in san fransico LOL
I will try it on December, will give a review compared to non JTTA version.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by GSOM_GSOM11 GSOM_GSOM11 wrote:

What is the thickness of this blade? 6.3, 6.8 or maybe 7mm?

Will measure it with digital caliper, but I think it's 7 mm
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 9:58am
Originally posted by Machine_Head Machine_Head wrote:

How come there are different versions of the same blade? 

Clipper Wood in Japan is the more expensive than Clipper CR. Normaly CR is more expensive.
Stiga Japan has the best quality has JTTA imprint at the bottom of the handle
Stiga China is also good, but Japan is better, it has hologram sticker on the bottom of the handle.
The rest is common one which has round paper sticker at the bottom of the handle.

The price of clipper Wood is 13.000 yen, more expensive than 10.000 yen butterfly blade like schlager carbon,TBS, Viscaria.
Making all wood blade requires better quality wood, while composite blade usually use not so good quality of wood.

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

hithithit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hithithit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 10:40am
@peter79,

Are you also saying the made in Sweden Stiga blades sold in Japan are better than the ones sold elsewhere?

Edit: PS. It is JTTAA, not JTTA.

Edited by hithithit - 10/15/2014 at 10:42am
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 10:49am
Originally posted by hithithit hithithit wrote:

@peter79,

Are you also saying the made in Sweden Stiga blades sold in Japan are better than the ones sold elsewhere?

Edit: PS. It is JTTAA, not JTTA.

Yeah the price is also more expensive...
Thanks for your correction Embarrassed
I have compared China version of clipper CR and the normal one, China version is better.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 12:15pm

Since when did Stiga have Clipper production in Japan and China? I know there are a lot of Clipper clones out there. I always thought the real Clippers were made at their new factory in Sweden.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2014 at 5:37pm
It says in the lense (pic. in 2nd post) that the blade is in fact made in Sweden.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 2:48am
Yes it's all made in Sweden, but I found Japan and China version has better quality than normal one.
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 9:20am

Stiga must have legal recourse against these companies that violate copyright laws. How can they get away it? Yes the quality may be high but it's still a crime to make these blades unless authorized by Stiga. Perhaps I am in the dark on this subject but someone needs to stop it.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 9:36am
Stiga doesn't have factories in Japan and China to produce blades.

All stiga's blades in China's market are authorized through stiga-china,
part of stiga's company. The stick in the box marked it. Some blades
are specifically made for China's (and Asia) market, for example, Clipper CR
(non-WRB version), and also, Clipper and CR Cpen thinner handle (has
regular pen handle too but larger).

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 11:06am
Thanks for clearing that up.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 11:51am
I really like the Clipper Wood, sadly I think it a bit to heavy in my taste, I really like light blades. Which blade would you recommend if I wanted something similar to the Clipper Wood but a little lighter? 
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 12:58pm
If you don't mind the extra hardness on the top ply then Clipper CR could be an option. I heard the Adidas Challenge Speed plays like the Clipper but with better feel.

What particular characteristics of a Clipper Wood are you looking for?
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

I really like the Clipper Wood, sadly I think it a bit to heavy in my taste, I really like light blades. Which blade would you recommend if I wanted something similar to the Clipper Wood but a little lighter? 

DHS PG 7. Great Clipper like blade that is a bit lighter and a tic slower. Doesn't have the high end punch of Stiga Clipper but still in the same ball park.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

jabemu View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabemu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 7:54am
Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

Thanks to Mr. Takizawa from iruiru for picking the weight that I want which is 92-95 gr. He asked stiga.jp for the weight and found 92 and 94 gr for me.

The blades have a "JTTA" on one side of the handle?
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 11:01am
Originally posted by jabemu jabemu wrote:

Originally posted by peter79 peter79 wrote:

The blades have a "JTTA" on one side of the handle?

It's at the bottom of the handle...
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

DHS PG 7. Great Clipper like blade that is a bit lighter and a tic slower. Doesn't have the high end punch of Stiga Clipper but still in the same ball park.

ok, thank you, will give it a try. Do you think it will work good with Stiga Airoc M?
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 7:19pm

Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

ok, thank you, will give it a try. Do you think it will work good with Stiga Airoc M?

I haven't tried Airoc M yet. I see no reason it should not be compatible with PG7.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Toprank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toprank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 9:14pm
Anyone know anything about the Stiga CR WRB Special? I picked one up and heard it was made for pro's. Looks very nice...but never seen one. It says "Special" with a stiga insigna in the side of the handle
CURRENT BLADE- Ross Leidy White Lightning

FH- Haifu Blue Whale II

BH- Xiom Vega Europe
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 9:33pm
I am not sure about PG7 is lighter in weight. I have not weight the bare blade but my PG7 with 2 Chinese rubbers weight an insane 207g probably due to the large blade face. It does need all the help from faster rubbers. By comparision Clipper CC CR with two H3 weight 195g.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2014 at 1:10am
Here is the picture of the blade from stiga japan websites:

http://stiga.jp/products/item_blades?id=15

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2014 at 1:13am
Actually I want to get 1 Clipper CC weightt 92-95 gr, but iruiru has checked from stiga.jp the heaviest is 88 gr. I must wait half year for the next incoming batch Dead

Baracuda Max
182 Gr

peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2014 at 1:15am
I prefer the limba top ply of clipper wood rather than clipper cc at above pictures, how do you think guys? Wink
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 2:22am
Originally posted by Toprank Toprank wrote:

Anyone know anything about the Stiga CR WRB Special? I picked one up and heard it was made for pro's. Looks very nice...but never seen one. It says "Special" with a stiga insigna in the side of the handle

Nexy.com is the only shop I know that has those Stiga Special versions in its assortment.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 2:42pm
And here's the photo how these "STIGA SPECIAL" blades looks like:

Maybe someone from Nexy has more information about these Stiga special versions, since the blades are still available for purchase from their website:

http://nexy.com/shop/en/blades/42-clipper-cr-wrb-special.html#/handle-legend/weight-8789g

Edited by Ray - 10/19/2014 at 2:46pm
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic