Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XVT Rosewood Nano & Two-Face Review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XVT Rosewood Nano & Two-Face Review
    Posted: 10/16/2014 at 7:39am
XVT Two Face Blade

Thickness: 5.9mm

Plies: 7 (White Ash-Ayous-Carbon-Kiri-Fiberglass-Ayous-Ayous)

Weight: 89 grams

Head Size: 152x157mm

Speed: OFF- to OFF/ ALL to ALL+

Test Rubbers: Tuned Globe 999 National + RITC 837 0.6mm

I misjudged this blade because I dismissed it as just another combination blade at first but it really impressed me on its performance. It was a breather from the first 3 blades that I have reviewed for XVT because it felt like an all wood blade (despite having carbon and fiberglass layers) and because of its good feel on all shots.

I glued a tuned Globe 999 National on my forehand and an 837 LP).6mm on my backhand (the black backhand side). I thought this was slow maybe an all+ to off- blade but the offensive side of the blade can be rated off- to off. The Globe 999 National Blue Sponge rubber despite of it being known as more of a spinny rubber than a fast one despite being tuned felt very bouncy on the forehand of the Two- Face Blade. I would rate the blade’s forehand side as faster than a Korbel or offensive classic. Not as powerful as a Clipper CR but still very bouncy. Its feel reminds me of the Tibhar Kim Jung Hoon having similar top ply on one side. The KJH blade is still faster by a small margin but the feel of the Two Face is softer.

The black side (all to all+) is obviously made of ayous. Even the black color cannot hide the ayous’ fibers. The feel of the ayous side reminds of those Tibhar ayous blades – slow, low pitch “thok” sound when the ball bounces on the blade without rubber. The RITC 837 0.6mm LP was very fitting to use on the black side. I had a very easy time doing flick-receives on the backhand using this LP. Also, it was controllable to block with using an LP. I am not a very good chopper myself but I can chop 2-3x in a row using this blade both on the forehand and backhand. The blade is good enough to chop and forgiving to use.

What impressed me the most about the blade is the white offensive side. When paired with an offensive rubber, it becomes a strong attacking blade on one side. If you pair it with a spinny Chinese rubber, it is a very good looping machine with good amount of speed. The high amount of control for the blade makes it an ideal and controllable blocking blade also on both sides.

Actually, among the 5 blades XVT has sent me, this is the one that really impressed me because of its surprising good sides. The other blades are good but this one seems different. The only thing I think that needs improvement is its wide flared handle. It is hard to twiddle with. For twiddlers they need the straight handle better. There are narrow flared handles in other brands that you can twiddle with easily this one seems a bit hard.

XVT Rosewood Nano

Weight: 98 grams

Plies: 7 (Rosewood-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-Rosewood)

Head Size: 153x157mm

Thickness: 6mm

Speed: OFF+

Test Rubbers: Stiga Airoc M + Globe 999 National

Of all the 5 XVT blades I received, the rosewood seems to have the best quality finish. It is quite different from its smoothness on the handle and surface of the blade head compared to other blades of XVT. I think they have made a good copy of the blade but with a different flared handle more on the slightly squarish with smooth corners. I can safely say that the XVT rosewood version has a better quality compared to that of the HRT rosewood version. The HRT rosewood 5 that I have tried was a bit rougher. I would not compare the performance of both blades since one is 5 ply and this one is a 7 ply blade. 

Out of the box, the Nano Rosewood felt a bit heavy. I weighed it and my suspicions were right, it is 98 grams. When I glued the test rubbers stated above it felt heavy and I had to adjust my timing on my shots. On the bare blade, the ball was bouncing with a good amount of height and it has this little bit high pitch sound.

The Rosewood nano felt crisp, hard and powerful on my swings when I was doing fh to fh and bh to bh drives. I could say it is almost as fast as the Stiga original version only that it is much heavier. The handle was very comfortable because of its different flared shape. The speed on loops or drives is definitely faster than a Timo Boll W7 or Clipper CR but a notch slower than the Stiga Rosewood 7 version. 

The Rosewood nano is one attacking blade. Even at far distance there is only slight decrease in the power of my shots though this blade is most optimal at middle distance. The speed is very good. You can feel the hard-hitting power  every time you smash or counter drive the ball which a lot of player would like. What I appreciate the most is the absence of vibration compared to the Stiga Rosewood which vibrates a lot. Control is above average. It is less controllable than the clipper CR.

Overall, this is a very good blade to use. I think they just need to lessen the blade head size in order to lessen the weight of the blade maybe a 150x156mm head size to lessen the weight.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 1:06pm
We are waiting, speacially for the two face ;)
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 5:29pm
Two Face.
Koto for FH ?
Limba (?) for BH ?
Big smile
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 8:06pm
i think it's white ash for the two-face. it has the same top ply with the kim jung hoon. the black colored side is ayous. so far this 2 blades are very good to play with. the rosewood seems to have the best quality finish among the 5 blades in xvt that i have tried but a bit on the heavy side.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2014 at 11:10pm
updated with review

dony71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dony71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 6:30pm
XVT two face is stiff or flex blade?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/24/2017 at 10:25pm
it is very stiff.

dony71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dony71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 3:09am
If very stiff then cannot produce spinny FH Loop especially with hard rubber like globe 999, right?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/25/2017 at 4:54am
You can still loop with it but it depends on your technique.

dony71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dony71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2017 at 8:16pm
Hi yogi_bear,
Have you ever tried other two side speed blade like Giant Dragon Kris, Sanwei Two Face, Yinhe T-9, or any Dr Neubauer ? If you tried, any comparison?
I'm considering to buy any of this two side speed blade, but not sure which one
Currently I'm playing with Yinhe T-11+ with Dawei 388-D1 + DHS H3N and I feel cannot block well on LP side.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic