Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [ASK]adidas challenge speed vs adidas avenger 7
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

[ASK]adidas challenge speed vs adidas avenger 7

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
comodoensis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ASK]adidas challenge speed vs adidas avenger 7
    Posted: 10/17/2014 at 1:55am
Can somebody give comparisons between adidas challenge speed and adidas avenger 7 ?

For information : 

Current equipment : my current set-ups are 5 ply allwood blade, with hard chinese rubbers on forehand and short pips on backhand

Playstyle : left-handed shakehand, tactical-based quick attack, and counter hitting sometimes, spin-based forehand loops and loopdrives which sometimes I variate it with some pure topspin, or variative amount of sidespins/hookshots to compensate my pretty sluggish footworks, variative attacks on backhand, mostly I flat hits, counters and loops a bit for controlled attacking initiation followed by backhand ball-wrecking whacker, or just get my sluggish arse whatever happens to turn around for a forehand loop/loopdrive (dang, I always have this sluggish footwork issues LoL). A bit on the bad side on rallying, that's why I prefer to make quick rallies to compensate my bad rally capabilities. I always try to make opening atack chances for me, or force opponents to initiate offensive rallies with slow balls/non-lethal attacks to happily give them surprising counterhits or punches. Have no issues with push/short balls control whatever blades/rubbers I use/ever tried. I just need 5-10 minutes to figure out the 'trick' and it's all settled down (although maybe I can only exploit 10-40% of the set up's potencial capabilities with that such short time).

I used to use adidas challenge speed 2-2.5 years ago, when I'm still playing double inverted. It's the real allwood beast. Back then I couldn't control how fast it is on offensive strokes (well, I'm very inconsistent on my shots back then LoL), so I traded it with my friend for some cheap 5 ply blades. I found I need some more solidity in my hard shots nowadays. Somehow in this past 6 months I always have some 'hollow' feeling whatever blade I used which mostly is 5 ply; feels like whenever I put all my power on smashes it feels like there's a big hole on the ball contact point. On loops I don't have any problems though, I always have the chinese style forehand and ball contact timing. On loopdrives I don't have any problems at all, since I've tried to compensate this 'holey' (that makes me a saint, ain't it ? Holey LoL) with harder sponges, and it works well on loopdrives, but not on hard hits or smashes. I have no problems on generating speed on forehand; I've already gotten used to chinese rubbers since the first time I seriously play and learn table tennis 3 years ago (used to play TT when I was 9 years old, just whacking all the way with no proper training programs with pre-made bats, then stop playing TT for 10 years. First time playing TT again, I get proper training from the college's coaches until now, and always known as the crazy-ass mindless boy with 4$ chinese rubber on both sides who always tried to loop every ball coming at me LoL) 

Any suggestions on which one is better for me are welcomed. Free coaching and anti-EJ vaccinations are more welcomed more hahahahahaha
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 4:08am
go back to the challenge speed. maybe you will like it better now. the avenger 7 is slightly slower by a notch and has a harder fee. challenge speed is faster. if you want something similar to the challenge speed but with a softer feel and more controllable get the adidas strike 7 wood
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2014 at 10:38am
thanks miss yogi :D

By the way, which one feels more solid between these 2 blades ?

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2014 at 12:53am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

go back to the challenge speed. maybe you will like it better now. the avenger 7 is slightly slower by a notch and has a harder fee. challenge speed is faster. if you want something similar to the challenge speed but with a softer feel and more controllable get the adidas strike 7 wood

yogi, how does it compare challenge speed to clipper and rosewood 7? better solid impact?  i hate clipper cc
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2014 at 6:31am
rosewood 7 is much faster, harder and heavier. the challenge speed is faster than clipper, clipper cc or clipper cr. the 3 clippers are like off, the challenge speed is off+.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 7:13am
by the way, how well does adidas challenge speed goes with short pips rubber ? sometimes I get some serious control issues when using short/medium pips with a 7-ply blade. not a big deal with the short one, maybe I'll get it over, but most issues come from medium pips. sometimes I use pluto 1.5mm original sponge on my custom 7-ply composite blade for some 'pluto warfare' with my club mates who uses pluto on their forehand, against me who use it on backhand for a funny title : the conqueror of all pluto LoL

And somehow I can't find any reviews about uranus poly :s I really wanted to know how does other people's thought about this pips :s
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 11:06am
if you would use an sp on the challenge speed i think you get a softer one and maybe about 1.9mm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comodoensis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 2:25pm

if you would use an sp on the challenge speed i think you get a softer one and maybe about 1.9mm

do you have any suggestions what short pips that works well with challenge based on your experience ? Smile
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 2:26pm

rosewood 7 is much faster, harder and heavier. the challenge speed is faster than clipper, clipper cc or clipper cr. the 3 clippers are like off, the challenge speed is off+.

and what about rosewood7 vs clipper cc, the later has been a huge disapointment, the only thing i would try in the stiga side would be rw7 and cc7?,,clipper cc performs like 60$ at most
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2014 at 7:47pm
rosewood 7 is faster than clipper. the speed upgrade of the clipper cc over the cr version is only little

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic