FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

need advise on my equipment choice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: need advise on my equipment choice
    Posted: 10/22/2014 at 6:22pm
I have been playing with the infinity vps v for a while now but I recently read a lot about the viscaria which I also have and also played with a little.Because I now found out that the build quality of the infinity is not that good I thought I might as we'll be playing with the viscaria.
Some information about my style
I am a two winged attacker
A little more forehand orientated and I mostly score over my open up game followed by some good placed top spins
I read a lot of stuff about the viscaria and I'm still wondering what is so good can someone tell me what blade I should use?
The rubbers would be tenergy 64 2.1( but I'm a little worried about.the control with the viscaria
Sponsored Links

Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/22/2014 at 8:07pm
No one that knows what is so good about the viscaria?
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 12:14pm
You might be able to get more speed out of a Viscaria but the Infinity VPS should have more control. Honestly, both of those blades can be decent for an attacking player. I say play with your Infinity VPS for a while, get used to it, and see if you find it lacking in power. You might be able to save yourself some money if you end up liking it. If not, a Viscaria or maybe a Timo Boll Spirit is a fine choice.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 2:46pm
first of thanks for your comment
I am currently playing with the infinity and I don't really think it lacks power but the top ply is slowly breacking apart at the edges and I'm not sure if my next infinity would be similar to this one.Also the quality is not that good so I thought because I already have a viscaria I might as well play it.the thing that makes me a little unsure is that last time I played it I didn't have good control,this might me because I just speed glued tenergie 64 2.1 on it.because when I played it a few month ago I didn't feel lack of control.the reason why I stocked to my infinity was because I had some fears about not developing as fast with the viscaria and I felt like I was hitting the edges more but that could have been a head thing but do you think viscaria is good for developing?( with developing I mean just getting better I've been playing for 9 yrs now i think
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 2:47pm
ALSO IF ANY OF YOU KNOW WHY THE VISCARIA IS SO GOOD because I read all the threads but couldn't really read out what it was
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 2:48pm
A nice blend of speed and flexibility?
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:25pm
But it is so insanely famous there should be more about it
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Tt Gold Tt Gold wrote:

You need to be a really advanced player to have a seriously nuanced view of equipment. Most people just like whatever feels good in their hands and gives them good results. I like blades which let me feel my strokes (which amounts to the same thing). Other than that, there is nothing special about the blade I am using and as I have gotten better, while my game is still optimized to what I use most currently, changing blades doesn't change much about how and how well I play. I would be surprised if any single blade had such a difference on someone's game. To cut a long story short, no blade is so special other than how much YOU enjoy playing with it
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
assiduous View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assiduous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:40pm
I don't think Invinity VPS has better control than Viscaria, though they both have great control. I think Viscaria has better control AND better speed. 
If you have firm strokes and good, non hesitant contact with the ball, Viscaria will give you better attack without sacrificing control. But if you don't play high speed game and brush a lot and try to control the ball by playing softly, I VPS will be better because it feels a little softer and deeper, the contact with the ball is longer. 
Viscaria is famous because it was one of the first ALC blades, and most notable it is still the blade of ZJK, even after so many more expensive blades came out. However it is definitely not the most popular ALC blade, which I believe is TB Spirit, followed by TB ALC. 
Viscaria has no weak points. Nothing. It is excellent or good at everything.
My Infinity VPS has outstanding build quality. Still looks like new. PM me if you want to buy it. I think you have a bad apple or you are abusing the blade and its your fault.
puppy412 : Sorry man, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but I know that more training will make me better, I don't need to come here to figure that out
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 3:41pm

Some people play with it because that's what some pros use i.e. ZJK.  Some say he's responsible for it's current popularity.
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 4:56pm
BUT zjk uses a special made viscaria so it's a little different and
My infinity is fine it has awesome playing caracteristiks it's just that the quality is bad.I thought the quality was good but after a while the blades top ply got off on the edges and I don't think I can get another one that is so good so I thought maybe I should use viscaria instead because of the better build quality
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 4:59pm
TTGold, you are beginning to sound like someone who is asking a question they know the answer to, but loves seeking attention. Is this your first Mytt account?

Edited by NextLevel - 10/23/2014 at 5:00pm
Cybershape Carbon
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 5:12pm
its good. get it and you wont regret it.
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 5:20pm
I already have bove
And no why do you think it's my first acc
I just asked some questions
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 5:59pm

I already have bove
And no why do you think it's my first acc
I just asked some questions

My apologies. New accounts just asking the same question over and over make me noid.
Cybershape Carbon
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2014 at 6:47pm
Your right I read a lot of threads about the viscaria but the reasons why it is so good we're not that good so I still wonder why and my equipment question is just because I read some threads that carbon blades are not so good for becoming better and I also felt like I was hitting the ball to much on the edges which could have been a head thing just want to make sure I make the right decision because I want to develop fast and so i don't want to use a blade when I could use another that is better to become better(I'm not thinking that it makes me better )i train 5-7 times a week and 4 of them are 4/6 hours so I just want to make sure that I also choose the better one of the too to get the most out of it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic