Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 2nd generation Xushaofa - something has changed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

2nd generation Xushaofa - something has changed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2014 at 10:42am
I paid for them and learned my lesson.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 1:26am
Hi guys,
I want to be fair. I was among the first ppl here to claim that Xusahofa, expecially second generation is by far better than other seamed/seamless plastic balls.
Here I am to update my opinion....they are still the best in terms of roundness but...I don't know, second batch I ordered from the same place...the balls are cracking so easily.
I broke 4 last training session and 3 today. I remeber, first few balls lasted for a month.

I don't know what's the reason, maybe it is related to a colder temperatures. It is a winter time in Canada, maybe the ball gets to hard...

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 1:30am
I still have a couple of boxes from the first batch (that lasted me longer than any celluloid ball in the past)
and I am planning to do a comparison with new ones but I am officially worried. 
Even if I find that first batch is perfect...how am I supposed to distinguish - look same to me.

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 1:59am
Makes sense as to why i've been saying the xsf balls are terrible...
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 2:10am
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

You can say it, but it doesn't make it true. My own experience is the opposite. I love the XSF and Yinhe 40+ balls. I've broken a total of three now in four months of 20 hour a week use.
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 2:16am
I have seen other players breaking them by hitting with the edge of the blade; I have never broken one myself no matter how hard I hit them. In contrast, I have broken a Nittaku Premium+ within a few minutes of taking it out of the box, just during routine warm up.
Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 2:22am
Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

You can say it, but it doesn't make it true. My own experience is the opposite. I love the XSF and Yinhe 40+ balls. I've broken a total of three now in four months of 20 hour a week use.

then wouldn't that just mean you don't have the most recent batch? i'm saying their quality has gone down with the recent batch. i never got to test out the previous batches so i can't speak for those
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 2:24am
I can't guarantee I have the most recent batch, but I am playing with Yinhe balls I just recently purchased.
stevenjlyang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 4:19am
i agree with you. i also like XSF and Yinhe seamless ball after i've compared DHS, Double fish and Palio.
ZJK ALC 90g: T80 + T05FX
Boll ALC 89g: AIROC M + Calibra LT Spin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 4:29am
2nd generation seamless ball is better than 1st generation, no matter what the brand is.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 10:40am

Originally posted by LOG1C1AN LOG1C1AN wrote:

then wouldn't that just mean you don't have the most recent batch? i'm saying their quality has gone down with the recent batch. i never got to test out the previous batches so i can't speak for those

simple to check.  look at the four letter code.

By the way, I have not had any roundness or durability problems.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 12:12pm
I saw posts that said the 2nd generation Xushaofa balls is better than the first generation.
Then I saw a post that said the quality of the balls has gone down - means the 1st generation XSF balls is better than the 2nd generation.

Man, I don't know what to make of these.

Just ordered the XSF balls from TTnPP the other day.
(Don't know which generation balls that I will receive.)

Edited by skip3119 - 02/11/2015 at 12:13pm
skip3119
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 1:25pm
I am playing with ADXC, Mar 2014, ones and still only broke one since Nov and I live in Canada
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

simple to check.  look at the four letter code.

My Yinhe's are XGAD.

I remember you posted the meaning of the codes somewhere, but there are so many plastic ball threads I can't seem to find it.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 6:43pm
Probably it is XCAD, which means made in March of 2014, like most of the ones we see from XSF.  It can't be XCAD because that would mean either the 16th month of 2014 or the 16th month of 2014 if they do it the other way.
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 6:45pm
XGAD is not July?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 6:49pm
It is for sure printed with XGAD on the back of the box.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 7:18pm
Oops, so it is.   Confused    July.  Sorry.  Yes more recent.
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 7:23pm

Oops, so it is.   Confused    July.  Sorry.  Yes more recent.

Ok thanks. So this is not scientific confirmation, but my personal experience with a more recent batch is that the balls are round, durable and play great. I have broken fewer of them than I typically broke with old celluloid balls and FAR fewer than crappy plastics like the N-SHA.
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 9:57pm
I agree about the roundness and great playing experience of XSF balls.  However, my experience with their durability is different than for most other posters.   I break at least one XSF ball per practice - actually tonight I had three of them break during ~2.5 hour of play.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 10:42pm
PALIO: XDAC XSF: ADXC
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

I agree about the roundness and great playing experience of XSF balls.  However, my experience with their durability is different than for most other posters.   I break at least one XSF ball per practice - actually tonight I had three of them break during ~2.5 hour of play.

Wow.  That is bad. 

I've never been able to break that man of even the Chinese seamed balls in 2.5 hrs!
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 10:52pm
You can break ten in a row if you hit them with the edge of your racket.  I've seen this lefty looper at our club broke 3 XSF in one evening, hitting the edge of his racket one after another when he went for a loopkill.

Edited by roundrobin - 02/11/2015 at 11:04pm

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 10:58pm
I have broken them only by hitting the edge of the table very hard --  and a couple of time on very hard slams in matches where I am frustrated and letting it out.

For sure they don't like edges.

But normally those things don't happen so I can use one for many hours.
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/11/2015 at 11:09pm
If you mistime the higher bounce of XSF balls, it's very easy to hit with the edge of the racket...
OTOH, hardly anyone hits the Chinese seamed balls with the edge due to very low bounce haha...players just miss the ball completely.

Edited by roundrobin - 02/11/2015 at 11:10pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 2:34am
Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

Originally posted by iakovka iakovka wrote:

Agree and as long they play so good I don't care about the stamp on the box
To be honest, I think it is temporary advantage, I expect big names to copy these soon (or simply stamp their name on Xushaofa).

At the origin the seamless ball was a joint venture between XSF, Palio, and DHS, but something happened to destroy that agreement, and DHS ended up pulling out.  I don't know what the sticking point was, it may have had something to do with patents and intellectual property issues.  Then DHS had to develop a plastic ball of their own, and used more or less existing manufacturing procedures but with a new material that just doesn't seem optimal.  The result has not been very good but it is nevertheless the type of ball that has dominated in competition.  So it seems at this point there is some kind of bad blood between XSF and DHS.  It seems hard to believe they could ever get back together.  Meanwhile, XSF has made agreements with Yinhe, Stag, Nexy, and a few others, which is good, they will definitely sell some of their product.  The best thing of all would be for a major European or Japanese company to make a deal with XSF.  My fear is that XSF make a really good ball but are bad businessmen.

Interesting rumors. 
hoho! not rumor. i've heard the same story. because of the patent of the seamless ball, DHS ended up pulling out. as far as i know, PALIO is the only manufactory that be allowed to make seamless ball. i don't know if there are another manufactory would be allowed to product seamless in the future, not for sure. so i've said that the seamless ball of PALIO, YINHE, XSF are made by PALIO.
BTW, the patent and intellectual property of the seamless ball is belongs to 张辉伦 who is from guangzhou.

VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 7:09am
Originally posted by roundrobin roundrobin wrote:

If you mistime the higher bounce of XSF balls, it's very easy to hit with the edge of the racket...
OTOH, hardly anyone hits the Chinese seamed balls with the edge due to very low bounce haha...players just miss the ball completely.

I agree, it's probably the combination of the higher bounce and sensitivity to being hit with an edge that contribute to the durability issue for me, especially since during the practice when I broke 3 XSF balls we were doing mostly drills focused re-looping close to the table (which requires closed bat).

This might also explain why Nexy seamless balls last much longer (for me at least), as they bounce slightly lower than XSF.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 10:27pm
about date code information, i've learn it from Yinhe.
ITTF网站上有公布,XGAD代表0714(指2014年07月生产)。

A代表1、B代表2,依次类推G是7,X代表0

因为在赛璐珞时代,ITTF在市场上抽检三星球时经常发现不合格品(不圆、直径不够等),而器材商答复是超过了保质期。。。。。

所以ITTF借新球,强制要求器材商们在包装上加上出厂日期,这样就可以监督器材商了,这对球迷其实是好事。

据ITTF资料,以往的乒乓球例行抽检均没有一次通过的,都需进行复检。而ITTF最新资料,2015年初最新一次抽检,“许绍发牌”无缝球在例行抽检中一次通过(史上第一次),也就是ITTF注册的无缝球(目前无缝球都是一个工厂生产,包括Xushaofa、Yinhe、Palio、Nexy、Xiom、Stag、Hanno)的质量最稳定。其它品牌我就不方便说了,球迷们自己比较吧,呵呵

貌似新狂飙3海绵上也有AD字样,AD代表14年,希望这个回复对大家有用。。。。。
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/12/2015 at 10:56pm
Steven the first two letters are supposed to be month and the last two year (according to Dr. Kueneth of ITTF), but some companies do it the other way around (year then month). X = 0, then A-I = 1-9.  Maybe that's what you wrote in Chinese.  Probably we are saying the same thing. 

So far all the most recent ones I have are from April.  Hopefully I can get my hands on some July balls.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevenjlyang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2015 at 12:09am
Baal, you are right. ITTF requrie that companies add date code to box. anyway, it a good thing for player.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic