Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

729 V6 blade replacement?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 729 V6 blade replacement?
    Posted: 11/20/2014 at 10:52am
Guys, 

I would like to poll the group to see if anyone has any recommendation on a replacement blade for 729 V6.  I love this blade and it has the right mix of stiffness and touch feel to it.  But the quality control is not that good and you can get two blades that play quite differently at times.  So I am hoping that there is a better quality blade that replaces this.  What I am looking for is the similar stiffness with the similar touch.  My understanding is that the Friendship 729 V6 is a copy of Timo boll spirit.  But the touch is way much better than TBS.  So I am not sure if this is a good copy in this sense... Smile

Any thought will be welcome.  Thanks.
Sponsored Links

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 12:00pm
You might consider a Yinhe (Galaxy, Milkyway) V-14 or V-15.  These are the replacements for the nice K-4 and K-5 blades I played with a while back.  They all weighed between 87 and 90 gm, and were a little perhaps a little faster than the Viscaria (90 gm) I had.  Haven't played with a V6, so I can't comment on how similar they would actually be.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 3:01pm
@1dennistt,

Viscaria will be a good comparison because I played with it a few times from my club mates.  Is the V14/15 stiffer than Viscaria or not?  Thanks.
debraj View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote debraj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/2014 at 4:04pm
v-6 is nowhere close to a Timo boll spirit...

I played with the blade for a while... it was faster than tbs, and top layer wasn't as hard feel as tbs, and i think thickness is also more than tbs which makes a lot of difference.

it is very good blade though...

all blades play significantly different from piece to piece....unless you carefully pick the pieces with identical weight and identical thickness.

i suggest you talk to one of the major vendors who keep many copies of the v6 blade ... and send them the thickness and weight of the piece you like.

and ask them to find one exactly or very very close to that measuring thickness with vernier calipers accurately... and using digital Kutchen scale.

729-F1||Rhyzm-P(FH)|| Rasant Grip orRhyzm-P max(BH)
vid1
Vid 2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic