Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Backhand Rubber similar to Rakza7 but more durable
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Backhand Rubber similar to Rakza7 but more durable

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/2014 at 8:04pm
I was told Calibra Tour is not too spinny.

XIOM ZX1 Feel 85 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega VII Pro, BH: Rakza 7 Soft 2MM
XIOM ZXI 88 Gr, FH: XIOM Omega V Tour, BH: Rakza Soft 7 2MM
Sponsored Links

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

Jp1 hardness is same razka 7 47.5 little tacky like razka ...

I ordered Donic JP3 2MM. It will be probably softer ... will see.

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 12:23am
Played with JP3 2MM. 
First impression vs Rakza7:
- less control, not critically less, maybe I just need more time to adjust as it is different hardness. I will update here, if there are changes.
- Trajectory on spin is lower than Rakza.
- Throwing angle on spin -lower, quite notably.
- Spin trajectory on BH, the arc is shorter - this is positive for me.
- Speed...hard to tell. Blocks are faster. Spins are about the same with Rakza being more linear.
- Short game, surprisingly better than rakza7, even from the first 2 hours of practice. In short game on my blade, it does not feel like tensor.

Conclusion - none, need some time, but JP3 for me definitely an option.

-

iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2015 at 1:09am
Just an update on what was my second impression: 
JP is not for me. It is way too different from Rakza. On my main set up I have Rakza. After going back and forth within same training, switching from one set up to another,  I like it more. It is hard to pin-point the reason, as there are pros and cons. All together JP is not a bad package but it does not feel right for me...

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2015 at 1:28am
For what It's worth Rasant Grip has a medium sponge. and Many, many have claimed their durability to outlast Tenergy. Plus, I've been told that Andro was the first brand to sell Esn rubbers. Therefore they have dibs on good quality Topsheet and sponge. The only thing Rasant Grip has in common with Powergrip, is the word Grip. Powergrip is another beast. Unless you've learned to play with Chinese rubbers. Don't go near that Brick of a sponge.  I love it tbh.
On the other hand I love Xiom because of their durability. Went threw 2 black Omega IV pro max for BH in 4 years. 1 Sigma II pro and 1 Omega IV pro for FH.  But i've been itching to try Rasant Grip for BH. Just saving up ;D unless i find a cheaper chinese substitute.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2015 at 10:23am
Rakza 7 are very durable rubbers.
I used a lot of sheets of r7 and r7 soft in last 3-4 years. I play looping/blocking/hitting style mostly, 3 times a week. For example T05 can last 3 months for me, neither one day longer, sponge dies. Rakzas I mostly use for 6-12 months. But once I purchased fast wear rakzas, which weared much faster, in like 2-3 months. All of them I bought from same seller.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
iakovka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iakovka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2015 at 12:19am
Thank you garwor.
Probably sticking to Rakza for now and actually it lasts quite ok on my BH.

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 6:57am
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

I used a lot of sheets of r7 and r7 soft in last 3-4 years. I play looping/blocking/hitting style mostly, 3 times a week. For example T05 can last 3 months for me, neither one day longer, sponge dies. Rakzas I mostly use for 6-12 months. But once I purchased fast wear rakzas, which weared much faster, in like 2-3 months. All of them I bought from same seller.

Do you prefer Rakza 7 or Rakza 7 Soft for generally playing? I've always used 7 soft on my BH and it has great control. Recently I decided to use it on my FH and I was amazed by the control it provided, even to my passive shots, however I felt it's not good a few feet away from the table and tends to give away a lot of points by going into the net.

What's your experience?
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 8:07am
I'm actually switching to rakza 7 on backhand, was using a tibhar 5q(update version) which was a spinny, high throw easy to use BH rubber for me, but found the rakza 7 a bit faster and more lively compared to 5q and it's a bit cheaper! Tho I'm pretty sure that the 5q has better control (lower spin sensitivity and less bouncy at lower speeds).

The 5q was the only rubber which allowed me to actually do evrything I could do with t05 on my backhand and yes I have more of a topsheet powered brushy backhand near the table, and tbh I'm trying the rakza as an experiment, pretty happy with 5q too!

Tried the jpo2, absolutely not what I like, havta hit through the sponge to get good spin and it wasn't as grippy and high throw as 5q, not as easy to lift backspin either,but was pretty good for punching and loop drives and wasn't too bad as a control type rubber.. But yeah! The jp02 made my bat a lot heavier.. It felt heavier than the mx-p on my FH.

Been using the 5q since like 5months and the topsheet does look messed up :P (even a sigma2 euro looked similar after 4-5 month use). But the 5q still has good enough topsheet grip though it has lost its initial kick! But still good enough!

The Adidas p5 is one rubber I wudav definitely suggested, it's topsheet somehow looks brand new even after many months of use (though it crumbles more if your not careful). Its easier to spin with at lower speeds and more controllable than the rakza and pretty much a similar category rubber as the rakza and 5q,and Adidas p7 is supposed to be better in terms of spin and power! Damn! Why does Adidas have to shut down now! Dint even get to try their stuff   :(

If yu want a tiny bit more control, and incase yua getting the 5q cheap, I'd say try it out.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
42andbackpains View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 42andbackpains Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 9:25am
I agree with nv42, The Adidas tensors i have used are very very durable compared to other tensors.  Too bad this great rubber will be no more...Cry
Mind is willing, but the back goes out too often :P
OSP Ultimate II 88 grams
FH Dianchi D w/ Secret Sauce
BH Butterfly T05 Red
USATT rating keeps going down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 2:23pm
Well from the looks of it, it will still be approved till mid 2017, so we can still enjoy it till then?
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/02/2015 at 5:35pm
Yep, until stocks last ofcourse lol. Planning to grab a p7 soon! And yeah FYI, p5 and p3 used to be available for 23-25usd here in some local shops...No idea why it was soo much cheaper in India! And yeah, it was the genuine thing! Hated the p3 tho p5 was freakin good! Espeically at that price. And yeah, no rubber iv tried soo far can come anywhere close to the Adidas p3 & p5 top sheets durability (in terms of surface grip only, they actually crumble a lot easier than other rubbers, but nothinh too bothersome if yu take care)
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
chituan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chituan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 10:31am
any serious slippage occurs..

Edited by chituan - 05/10/2016 at 9:22am
nv42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nv42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2015 at 5:16pm
Nope, rakza works pretty well with the plastic ball, I definitely did not notice any slippage even while playing a in somewhat weather.Planning on changing to rakza 7 from 5q, r7 felt a lot more lively and powerful than the 5q.I dint immediately notice at first, but the 5q doesn't play as good with the P ball as it does with the celluloid, atleast on my be, could easily adjust on the FH.It's definitely not bad ,but felt that rakza 7 had an edge on power shots and easy spin.
1.dhs pg2 fl

-FH t05h (max)
-BH tibhar genius (max)
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/28/2015 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Do you prefer Rakza 7 or Rakza 7 Soft for generally playing? I've always used 7 soft on my BH and it has great control. Recently I decided to use it on my FH and I was amazed by the control it provided, even to my passive shots, however I felt it's not good a few feet away from the table and tends to give away a lot of points by going into the net.

What's your experience?
Into the net? The R7 soft is a very spinny looping rubber, why would it go into the net a lot... maybe you need to adjust the stroke a little?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2015 at 5:55am
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

What's your experience?
Into the net? The R7 soft is a very spinny looping rubber, why would it go into the net a lot... maybe you need to adjust the stroke a little?

It loses power a few feet away from the table, so unless I lift the ball heavily or use much stronger shots, the ball doesn't get enough jump to cross over the net. That's the same observation in a lot of reviews I've read about this rubber. Nevertheless, I love this rubber :P
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2015 at 6:44am
That would be because it's bottoming out. As you say, you need to brush harder (or finer) to stop it from bottoming out, so that you still get the lift.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2015 at 2:28pm
I currently use rakza 7 soft max on bh. Rubber is soft and easy to play with. It's slower than harder rubber which is normal, harder rubbers are faster when you hit hard. R7 soft is probably not for players playing far from table, like all soft rubbers. You should have either very fast blade or flexy blade in this case. Or you have to have good technique, to use more than wrist and elbow for shots far from table. For most people r7 soft is good on bh and r7 on fh. I had good game and results with r7 soft on bh. Also with r7 on fh and bh.
Equipment database

Yinhe MC-2 FL
fh: Xiom Vega pro
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 3:30pm

I currently use rakza 7 soft max on bh. Rubber is soft and easy to play with. It's slower than harder rubber which is normal, harder rubbers are faster when you hit hard. R7 soft is probably not for players playing far from table, like all soft rubbers. You should have either very fast blade or flexy blade in this case. Or you have to have good technique, to use more than wrist and elbow for shots far from table. For most people r7 soft is good on bh and r7 on fh. I had good game and results with r7 soft on bh. Also with r7 on fh and bh.

Since past few days I've noticed something weird about r7 soft.

As mentioned I've started using it on my FH as I started liking how the ball would dig in the soft topsheet and allowed me more dwell time to generate more sidespin.

I didn't have any problem picking up heavy spiny serves but since a few days I've been playing against a player who does an impression of tomahawk serve from his left sided FH. It's sometimes a short and slow spiny serve and sometimes a fast long spiny serve. When I used r7 soft to pick up the serve, I would either go long or go into the net, this serve receiving became a nightmare for me even though I've played against much higher level players in the past with the same setup and didn't have this kind of trouble. For a few days I was thinking maybe my technique is wrong and I tried everything from changing racket angles, to changing the level of power or friction I would use to receive the serve, and I was only successful on some occasions but mostly losing points on his serve.

So today I started using my BH rubber Rakza X to pick up his serves on my forehand and to my amazement I could return the serves very easily and accurately and I came to the conclusion that it's not my technique at fault but more the r7 soft versions softness which could be the culprit. Also I was reminded how fast Rakza X was as compared to r7 soft, my opponent was having hard time when I would drive the ball with Rakza X but with R7 soft he could usually return the slow drives.

Have you experienced this as well?
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 11:11pm
Rakza 7 can be a hard rubber to get away from as it has so many positives going for it. You could look at Donic Bluefire M2 or M3 as a possibility. 

by the sound of it, it may be worth taking a look at Rakza X if you are really stuck on the Rakza 7 at the moment.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 4:29am
Originally posted by tabletennis11 tabletennis11 wrote:

Rakza 7 can be a hard rubber to get away from as it has so many positives going for it. You could look at Donic Bluefire M2 or M3 as a possibility. 

by the sound of it, it may be worth taking a look at Rakza X if you are really stuck on the Rakza 7 at the moment.

I already have Rakza X, trying it out nowadays :P

What's the hardness of m2 or m3 compared with rakza 7 and rakza 7 soft?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic