FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

This is why I love Mizutani!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This is why I love Mizutani!
    Posted: 11/29/2014 at 3:56am
Sponsored Links

flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 10:39am
A would also admit Christophe Legout. Being 41 he still plays very attractively at a good level and sometimes can compete with much younger guys.

Edited by flamingmdn - 11/29/2014 at 10:40am
Gewo Sensus Carbo Speed | Vega X
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 3:22pm
In my opinion, the common camera angle most videos have take away from the magic of the game. Severely. Every time I see a match at an angle like this i watch it no matter who it is. Love it. 
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 4:57pm
I agree. This angle gives an even better perspective of just how fast the shots are from these pros. Looks like Jun's forehand improved so much. So much faster and powerful.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 8:44pm
Superior performance from Mizutani!
Elder as style players like Legout are great masters too, always nice to watch, but they will be best for their time only, not and today. It is visible he can't read even the Mizutani's plans on the table.
At 40 years age or more.... players have not the same reactions, their body is different.
You must be from another planet to play equal with the current masters at this age. Like "The One".
Congrats for Legout, he is still very brave, has a good power in strokes and nice footwork, but that's not enough to win a game today. May be he has realized it by himself yet.
Many people asked me during the past some months why the most expensive blade today is "wearing" the name of that Japanese player. On this video they have the answer, definitely.

aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

Looks like Jun's forehand improved so much. So much faster and powerful.

I root for MJ also but I don't see he improves much. They were just style against style. Legout's attack were powerful but very straight forward. MJ could see what direction they were going and covered with his footwork. He is very good in mid-distance rally and counters.

Watch this one against Koki this year. MJ lost badly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmvoGOGOj7w
Koki style masks lot of direction and often changes angle last second. His loops were compact and not powerful. But look how uncomfortable MJ countered.

Edited by aroonkl - 11/29/2014 at 10:58pm
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

In my opinion, the common camera angle most videos have take away from the magic of the game. Severely. Every time I see a match at an angle like this i watch it no matter who it is. Love it. 

Totally agree! 
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/2014 at 4:01pm
agree! 

idky matches are always taken straight on. there's very little depth perception in the direction of the ball. new viewers to tt think it's easy bc you can't actually see the speed or the arc! it's like a 2D pong game. i watch these but only dl the private recording vids from side angles
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 8:44am
Jun Mizutani is just the best, I have seen this video many times now! 
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 8:46am
Does someone got some more good videos of points or matches with the same camera angle? Smile
fortran2003 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortran2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 9:34am
MJ improves very much in 2014, his attacks are earlier than before.
I hope he could challenge CNTs in the near future.
HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 6:21pm
He is so awesome, what's his setup? Smile
HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/20/2015 at 6:23pm
Don't mind my last comment I saw now that he plays with T05 and T64 Smile
Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 6:24am
No thats me!

Mizutani plays with Mizutani Jun Super ZLC with T64 on both sides last time I checked.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
TenNine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenNine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Fehrplay Fehrplay wrote:

Does someone got some more good videos of points or matches with the same camera angle? Smile
I agree. That angle is far superior to what we get most of the time.
They used a similar angle in the German Open 2010.
I remember that tournament for some of the best table tennis I have ever seen.

Here's Ma Long playing Wang Hao. It's technically really varied, very entertaining and a lot closer than the final score suggests.

Here's Ma Long and Chen Qi. Again a superb, really tight match, but very different to the one with Wang Hao.

Edited by TenNine - 01/21/2015 at 10:23am
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 10:37am
I thought he changed to T80 on the bh..?
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/21/2015 at 3:16pm
the point at 11:10 in the ML WH match.. ML hits the net and the ball barely trickles over. WH throws his paddle at the ball, and the ball appears to be hit by the paddle and go back over the net. ML gets the point anyway. Was that an illegal shot? I've wondered about that sometimes, when there is no way to reach the ball but to throw your paddle at the net and hope for a miracle..
Lau_hb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lau_hb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

the point at 11:10 in the ML WH match.. ML hits the net and the ball barely trickles over. WH throws his paddle at the ball, and the ball appears to be hit by the paddle and go back over the net. ML gets the point anyway. Was that an illegal shot? I've wondered about that sometimes, when there is no way to reach the ball but to throw your paddle at the net and hope for a miracle..

Basically it is legal to do so, and the rally will keep going as long as you're blade doesn't touch the net as you drop/ slightly throw it. In the case of the video WH lost the point because of what appeared to be a double bounce though.
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 11:05am
what if the blade touches the net slightly, but does not affect the play. I think in all of those situations the blade will slightly touch the net..
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Victor_the_cleaner Victor_the_cleaner wrote:

Throwing the paddle is an illegal shot - the blade must be in the racket hand for the shot to count as one.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
TenNine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenNine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Lau_hb Lau_hb wrote:

Basically it is legal to do so, and the rally will keep going as long as you're blade doesn't touch the net as you drop/ slightly throw it. In the case of the video WH lost the point because of what appeared to be a double bounce though.
Not correct. It's illegal as by the rules you have to hold your bat in your hand to be able to score a point.

From the rules book:
2.05.07 A player strikes the ball if he or she touches it in play with his or her racket, held in the hand, or with his or her racket hand below the wrist. 
TenNine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenNine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 11:20am
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Throwing the paddle is an illegal shot - the blade must be in the racket hand for the shot to count as one.
Hehe, you beat me to it by 51 seconds, NextLevel Tongue
Lau_hb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lau_hb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 11:38am
Originally posted by TenNine TenNine wrote:

Not correct. It's illegal as by the rules you have to hold your bat in your hand to be able to score a point.

From the rules book:
2.05.07 A player strikes the ball if he or she touches it in play with his or her racket, held in the hand, or with his or her racket hand below the wrist. 

Well thanks for the precision, I guess the umpires in my region aren't well informed ;)
TenNine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TenNine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/23/2015 at 2:12pm

Well thanks for the precision, I guess the umpires in my region aren't well informed ;)
That's not uncommon just about anywhere else you ask, but...
You can go out and preach now, son. Wink Hehehe

Edited by TenNine - 01/23/2015 at 2:13pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic