Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chinese articles about improving your game

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alqa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese articles about improving your game
    Posted: 12/09/2014 at 8:01am
I currently live in China, and started training with a coach that's prob one of the best in the whole province I live in. He's not that much into TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN! He tends to lean more into understating first then apply what you understood in effective training and matches.

He sent me a few articles and emphasized on how important they are. I tried google translation lol but the article wasn't clear enough for me even I could sense the general meaning.

Here is one of the articles that he sent me, I'm not sure if anyone is willing to give us the pullet points or the summary of the article, but I thought to share it anyways.

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA4MTI0OTYzMA==&mid=201990632&idx=4&sn=6242805ab02efc96b84ee1c62492f058&scene=1&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0#rd

I could share the rest later.

Good look google translating :)
Sponsored Links

dannyreventon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyreventon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2014 at 10:01am
Thanks for sharing, please give us more articles.
Main Setup:
Timo Boll Spirit
FH: Neo H3 Prov 39deg
BH: Xiom Musa

Stiga Clipper Wood
FH: Neo Skyline 3
BH: Stiga Neos Sound ST

Avenger 5
FH: Neo H3
Bh: Xiom Musa

mahomedy13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahomedy13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2014 at 10:48am
some good info there.thanks for sharing
ZApenholder View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZApenholder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2014 at 12:24pm
Great article.

Indeed there are many great ariticles that are shared in the public forum/space.
Reading anything, will always expand your knowledge, so it is great if it is table tennis related.

Which province are you in, if I may ask?
Alqa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2014 at 11:28am
Here are other articles that he shared with me:

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MjM5MDYwMTk0MA==&mid=202671460&idx=1&sn=c1ee6eed6a95e81432eae843b9587386&scene=1&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0#rd

http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA4MTI0OTYzMA==&mid=201648859&idx=3&sn=66a1bd52cd5b4414c8d51e17a82c53ec&scene=1&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0#rd

The second one is for long pips ..

I'm in Guandong Province ..
y0da View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y0da Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 9:29am
An attempted translation ( a rather rough summary with additional explanation) based on google translate of this article:

Quote http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MjM5MDYwMTk0MA==&mid=202671460&idx=1&sn=c1ee6eed6a95e81432eae843b9587386&scene=1&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0#rd

HeadlineLooping - The importance of solid fundamentals and a good ball feeling / coordination

First blue boxMany amateur players discuss topspin loop theory quite often and practise it for years but never really master it. The following article tries to provide simple tips to overcome this obstacle.

Green box with bold corners: The 3 most common mistakes:

1. Hand (wrist) action faster than the rest of the body or only wrist movement while the body doesn't move. This leads to an uncoordinated movement where only the wrist power is applied and any additional movement has no effect.
  2. Hand and body (primary the rest of your arm) are syncronized ("wrist locked"), which means that your hand or wrist just extends your arm reach and isn't able to provide any additional power.
  3. Hand gets pulled by the arm movement but doesn't snap("bite") forward at ball contact. If you are able to apply this snap at ball contact you have achieved the highest loop technique level.
First green box: Textbook (standard) technique and coordination

A textbook technique is important, even if there is no single universal technique. However, every ball is different and you need to be able to adjust your technique to the incoming ball (he speaks of coordination) since your main goal is to get the ball onto the other table side. Hence you can rephrase "standard technique" to "the ability to constantly adapt to new situations" or coordinated movement.

Second green box:  Mental demands

Beside physical demands, table tennis is also a mental game. Hence pay attention to not only practise your technique but also your ball feeling (variation) and your ability to read the game.

Third green box: How to gain a (personal) maximum of ball feeling and power

You need to be able to apply your coordinated power at the moment of ball contact. The key to achieve this doesn't lie in weight training or a standard technique but a coordinated movement, where all your partial forces add up instead of cancelling themself out.

In order to "eat/bite" the ball ( grab it in the best possible way ) equipment plays an important role.
Beside a solid topsheet grip, a rather soft rubber is important to experience the best feeling. A flexible 5ply all wood blade maximizes this feeling experience. Most players make the mistake of chosing to fast equipment with hard 7ply blades and hard sponges and then lack to ability to activate this power reserves and hence get powerless shots.

Fourth green box: [Nothing substancial, just focus on driving the ball forward.]

Fifth green box: The long journey to an optimal loop

Very few people are able to master a new technique over night and unfortunately, there aren't real shortcuts to accelerate your learning process so it will take time.

Beside the technique for a stroke, you need to master it's variations and the "when and how" to apply it during a match.

Every person is usually gifted with a knowledge lead in one of the subsections (technique,feeling,tactics). It's important to constantly trying to improve in all 3 section to experience the feeling of a perfect technique at one day.

END

My little thoughtsontabletennis blog.
Setup: ZJK Alc,Whale 3,Shark 3 both max & 41°
Alqa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alqa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by y0da y0da wrote:

An attempted translation ( a rather rough summary with additional explanation) based on google translate of this article:
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
Quote </span><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MjM5MDYwMTk0MA==&mid=202671460&idx=1&sn=c1ee6eed6a95e81432eae843b9587386&scene=1&from=singlemessage&isappinstalled=0#rd</span><span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Headline: </span><span style="line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Looping - The importance of solid fundamentals and a good ball feeling / coordination</span>
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">First blue box: </span><span style="line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Many amateur players discuss topspin loop</span><span style="line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253;"> theory quite often and practise it for years but never really master it. The following article tries to provide simple tips to overcome this obstacle.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Green box with bold corners: The 3 most common mistakes:</span>
</span>
  1. <span style="line-height: 1.4; : rgb251, 251, 253;">Hand (wrist) action faster than the rest of the body or only wrist movement while the body doesn't move. This leads to an uncoordinated movement where only the wrist power is applied and any additional movement has no effect.</span>
  2. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Hand and body (primary the rest of your arm) are syncronized ("wrist locked"), which means that your hand or wrist just extends your arm reach and isn't able to provide any additional power.</span>
  3. <span style="line-height: 1.4;">Hand gets pulled by the arm movement but doesn't snap("bite") forward at ball contact. If you are able to apply this snap at ball contact you have achieved the highest loop technique level.</span>
First green box: Textbook (standard) technique and coordination

A textbook technique is important, even if there is no single universal technique. However, every ball is different and you need to be able to adjust your technique to the incoming ball (he speaks of coordination) since your main goal is to get the ball onto the other table side. Hence you can rephrase "standard technique" to "the ability to constantly adapt to new situations" or coordinated movement.

Second green box:  Mental demands

Beside physical demands, table tennis is also a mental game. Hence pay attention to not only practise your technique but also your ball feeling (variation) and your ability to read the game.

Third green box: How to gain a (personal) maximum of ball feeling and power

You need to be able to apply your coordinated power at the moment of ball contact. The key to achieve this doesn't lie in weight training or a standard technique but a coordinated movement, where all your partial forces add up instead of cancelling themself out.

In order to "eat/bite" the ball ( grab it in the best possible way ) equipment plays an important role.
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Beside a solid topsheet grip, a rather soft rubber is important to experience the best feeling. A flexible 5ply all wood blade maximizes this feeling experience. Most players make the mistake of chosing to fast equipment with hard 7ply blades and hard sponges and then lack to ability to activate this power reserves and hence get powerless shots.</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Fourth green box: [Nothing substancial, just focus on driving the ball forward.]</span>
</span>
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Fifth green box: The long journey to an optimal loop</span>
</span>
Very few people are able to master a new technique over night and unfortunately, there aren't real shortcuts to accelerate your learning process so it will take time.

Beside the technique for a stroke, you need to master it's variations and the "when and how" to apply it during a match.

Every person is usually gifted with a knowledge lead in one of the subsections (technique,feeling,tactics). It's important to constantly trying to improve in all 3 section to experience the feeling of a perfect technique at one day.

END

</span>

Thank you, pretty solid info.

By the way, what a great blog you have in your signature, I would encourage people to read it.
y0da View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y0da Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 2:11pm
Quote Thank you, pretty solid info. By the way, what a great blog you have in your signature, I would encourage people to read it. 

Thank you, I always try my best to provide high quality content. Smile

If you enjoy content like you have linked above, you might also enjoy the following (chinese) site:

http://347652.jwappgc.com/

It's a regularly publishing blog of the famous Table Tennis World magazine. If someone can provide a better description of the above site, feel free to improve it.
My little thoughtsontabletennis blog.
Setup: ZJK Alc,Whale 3,Shark 3 both max & 41°
Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2015 at 3:55pm
thanks to alqa and y0da. Great stuff. Please keep it coming.

agree, very high quality blog. signed up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic