FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rubber cleaner - great or detrimental?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber cleaner - great or detrimental?
    Posted: 12/19/2014 at 6:37pm
After speaking to one of my club mates about rubber cleaner, he claimed that it works and heavily improves the spin quality of the rubber.

I'm not so sure about the science of the rubber cleaner, however if anyone here knows what chemicals are present in cleaner and if it negatively or positively affects the bat, please explain here.

Another one of the veterans claims that his mix of concentrated washing up liquid water does the trick really well.

Me, I just breathe over my bat to make sure it's clean.

To rank the three, which one would you say is the more effective in stretching out the durability of a rubber? 

Cheers,

- SmackDAT.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Sponsored Links

viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

After speaking to one of my club mates about rubber cleaner, he claimed that it works and heavily improves the spin quality of the rubber.

I'm not so sure about the science of the rubber cleaner, however if anyone here knows what chemicals are present in cleaner and if it negatively or positively affects the bat, please explain here.

Another one of the veterans claims that his mix of concentrated washing up liquid water does the trick really well.

Me, I just breathe over my bat to make sure it's clean.

To rank the three, which one would you say is the more effective in stretching out the durability of a rubber? 

Cheers,

- SmackDAT.

Do not know about composition of cleaners but will leave this here:

My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
cheondo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheondo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/2014 at 6:43pm
I found that foam works the best. I use Nittaku Clean Awah. Xiom cleaner made my rubber less spinny! Paddle Palace cleaner seemed to dry it out. Most important thing is probably the cloth or sponge you use -- b/c plain ol water does the trick as well.
Primorac Carbon + P7
Feedback http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70427&title=feedback-cheondo
illinichamps View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illinichamps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2014 at 7:28pm
U can use ur hand, water, and paper towel to dry ur hand.. works well.
I have another method. Lint removers.. that sticky tape works wonders.
Try it out
H3 Prov. |MJ SZLC | 05 FX
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/2014 at 7:34pm
Water works too well to waste money on rubbber cleaners. I actually use a little water and my hand. Please pray I don't get cancer...
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic