FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Fresh start, let's EJ!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fresh start, let's EJ!
    Posted: 12/22/2014 at 7:37am
Hey guys,

I've been on a minor TT hiatus for the past season where i've clocked around 2 practice sessions. Due to alot of reasons TT sort of slipped to the back of my consciousness, unfortunately, but now the passion is wide awake again. If there's anything that can revive my desire to play, it's EJ'ing. So let's get to it, shall we?

After realizing i couldn't practice as much, i started moving towards all-wood blades and euro rubbers (Variations of Rasant) that would be a sort of forgiving setup for me. I want to get back into carbon blade and chinese rubber country where my heart lies. But i need an update on what the hell is going on these days and I'd love to get your insight! :) 

So the question is this: 

1) Whats going on with newer generations of carbon blades and the technology behind? I've been giving the Xiom Hayabusa line some attention, but quality control seems to be an issue?

2) What's going on with classic chinese rubbers (both tacky and non-tacky). I've previously been buying sheets of YinHe Moon Pro. I'll stick with Rasant Power Grip for my backhand for now.

3) Any combinations of 1) and 2) that you guys have fallen in love with? I'm after relatively low throw to suit my looping technique and grip. I don't mind boosting. This is the most critical for me: The blade / FH rubber weapon. I've gotten it wrong so many times, and it's not satisfactory right now. This time i want to get it absolutely right.

Cheers, thanks for your help, and may all your EJ'ing christmas wishes come true ;)

Edited by zrrbiteDK - 12/22/2014 at 7:39am
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
Sponsored Links

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 4:26pm
I've been doing a little EJing since I haven't been practicing much in the last 6 months or so. 

Personally, I liked the Moon Pro, but a new option that seems to be popular at the moment is YinHe Big Dipper. I have a sheet, but haven't played with it enough to know if I would prefer it to Moon Pro.   There are also a few new Double Happiness Hurricane rubbers out, but I haven't tried them.  I tried the Rasant Power Grip on my forehand, and haven't been overly impressed.  It plays fine, but I would prefer Moon Pro or Bluefire M2 on my forehand.  I also have a sheet of Yasaka Razka X that is in trial at the moment, it has a harder sponge than the Rasant Power Grip, and feels better on my forehand.  Not really anything like Moon Pro, but still nice pace and spin.

Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/22/2014 at 6:31pm
Of you want a low throw rubber you might concider hurricane 2
zrrbiteDK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zrrbiteDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/23/2014 at 5:31pm
Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I hadn't heard about the Big Dipper before, interesting. 

I've never played with H2 before; Might order a sheet as well to give it a shot.
Current:

Avalox BT777 / ? / ?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic