Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New rubbers and a blade

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New rubbers and a blade
    Posted: 01/14/2015 at 11:28am
Hi I have been using my bat for nearly two years, I play twice a week, and I think I want a new bat.

my set up is:
bryce speed fx (fh)
sriver L (bh)
primorac off-

I am looking for something a bit slower but with more spin for my forehand and for my backhand something with more spin I think. I am not sure about the blade I was thinking of the same one or maybe Butterfly Timo Boll OFF- Table Tennis . I any ideas?

If you have any questions then just ask
Sponsored Links

*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 11:48am
Something that will give you more spin, I think that you search for a tenergy 05.But because you want slower than bryce speed fx, then you should buy the tenergy 05 FX in 1,9mm sponge.For your backhand you can put a butterfly tackifire C which will give you more spin and excellent control.The blade I think it's just fine!
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 11:50am
Yeah I was thinking about the T05 FX. Do you have to be very good with the strokes, like Im not bad this is my forth year playing table tennis. About the blade would those two blade work well with these rubbers, or a different one would be better?

What is your opinion on tenergy 80FX

Edited by Moloch - 01/14/2015 at 11:59am
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 12:25pm

T05FX is very easy to use for BH in 1.9. Your blade is fine. You will have more spin/speed with a small adjustment to your stroke since T05FX has a higher throw than regular Sriver.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 12:34pm
I was thinking of using the T05 FX on my forehand rather the backhand 
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 12:34pm
I think your blade is fine.  Donic Baracuda would work as well on the FH.  Slower than tenergy but one of the spinniest rubbers out there.  It works on the BH as well, though I wouldn't go for more than 2.0 there.  T05fx in 1.9 is good too.
Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 12:46pm
which one would you choose for forehand donic baracuda or tenergy 05fx
hookumsnivy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hookumsnivy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 12:50pm
It's really a personal preference.
If I remember correctly, T05fx will be a touch softer, a little faster and noticeably more expensive.  The feel is different though - Tenergy in general has a unique feel.
I like T05fx on the BH more than the FH.
Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/14/2015 at 12:56pm
I am not the best with the backhand that is why I prefer a bit slower rubber like sriver, but for forehand Im pretty good, what other rubber would you recommend which are a bit slower to bryce speed fx but with more spin
Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2015 at 1:35pm
Hey guys.

Which rubber would you recommened for the forehand, if I want something slower and spinnier than bryce speed fx, Tenergy 80fx, T05 or T05FX. Or something else. What blades go well with it. I want the bat to cost no more than £115. I was thinking of promorac off- or timo boll off-?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/26/2015 at 3:29pm
Baracuda, Hexer, Genius. Contrary to what you may have heard, any rubber can go with any blade, it all depends on personal preference and how you want to play. Those blades are fine but there are cheaper Sonic and Tibhar equivalents.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Moloch Moloch wrote:

Hey guys.

Which rubber would you recommened for the forehand, if I want something slower and spinnier than bryce speed fx, Tenergy 80fx, T05 or T05FX. Or something else. What blades go well with it. I want the bat to cost no more than £115. I was thinking of promorac off- or timo boll off-?

Xiom vega pro.
Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 11:30am
I was thinking of getting xiom but I have no idea what shop can I get it from as I did not see it anywhere in UK

That is why I tought of T05 or  T05FX
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 12:17pm
You can buy xiom at a decent price from tabletennis11.
Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 12:26pm
from Xiom which rubber would you recommend which is a bit slower than bryce speed fx but has more spin
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 12:37pm
There are many xiom rubber slower than bryce speed fx but spinnier, I guess your choice depends on the blade you are using. If you consider putting this rubber on primorac off- japanesse version you can use xiom vega pro.

Edited by adishorul - 01/27/2015 at 12:38pm
Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 12:40pm
The problem I have is that I would like the shop to make the bat for me, and in tabletennis11 there is no butterfly. I did not choose the blade for sure but I was thinking of primorac off- or timo boll off-. 
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 12:46pm
I've heard that Baracuda is insanely spinny, but not too fast, perhaps consider that. If you also want fast just go with Tenergy!
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 12:48pm
Baracuda is incredible spinny but is also very very reactive to incoming spin, vega pro is very spinny too but is almost insensitive to incoming spin.

Edited by adishorul - 01/27/2015 at 12:49pm
Aman1234 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aman1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 2:00pm
If you don't want to go down the expensive path of Tenergy,
you could try Donic Bluefire M2 on you forehand and
Donic Bluefire M3 on you backhand. 
BTY TBS
FH Tibhar Evolution FX-P
BH Donic Bluefire M3

adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by Aman1234 Aman1234 wrote:

If you don't want to go down the expensive path of Tenergy,
you could try Donic Bluefire M2 on you forehand and
Donic Bluefire M3 on you backhand. 

IMHO this setup will be really head heavy since BF are heavy rubbers.
Fehrplay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fehrplay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 5:55pm
It really depends on your game style, I'm very happy with my current setup, Emerald vps with Tenergy 05 on forehand and Stiga Airoc M on backhand! Like Aman1234 wrote bluefire m2 can be a good fh alternative if Tenergy is to expensive 

Edited by Fehrplay - 01/27/2015 at 5:56pm
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Moloch Moloch wrote:

from Xiom which rubber would you recommend which is a bit slower than bryce speed fx but has more spin
Give the original Tenergy 05 a go, lasts a long time :)

But 05fx is also good. It's whatever really, any modern rubber (vague, but last 3-5 years) will do you well.
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
Moloch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moloch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 12:41pm
ok guys thanks. What do u think of the barracuda?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic