Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Ed. & Pure Wood
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Ed. & Pure Wood

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Ed. & Pure Wood
    Posted: 01/27/2015 at 7:26am
Tibhar Samsonov Force Pro Black Ed

Weight: 89 grams
Plies: 7 (limba-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-limba)
Blade Head Size: 150x156mm
Hardness: Slightly Stiff
Thickness: 6.7-6.8mm (approx.)
Speed: OFF
Test Rubbers: Tenzone Ultra SF, Globe 999 National, Tenergy 05fx

I waited for about 6 months in order to get my hands on these 2 blades! The Force Pro Black Edition (let's call it the FPBE) is indeed a great improvement over the previous Force Pro blade with the blue handle design that came out 2 years ago. The handle which is flared is bigger than most Tibhar flared or concave handles and is comfortable to my large hand. It is surprisingly comfortable to hold unlike those blades that are too squarish in shape. The FPBE also has a large handle. Compared to the Stratus Powerwood, the FPBE has a cross sectional size of 36x26mm compared to the SPW's 34x24mm

Speed

The Force Pro Black Ed. is convincingly faster than its predecessor Force Pro. The original Force pro is rated between OFF- to OFF. Sometimes in some shots it is quite slower than the FPBE. Among other brands, the FPBE is faster than a regular Clipper wood but slower compared to the Clipper CC or an Adidas Challenge speed blade. The FPBE is a good counter hitting or smashing blade. This is good until middle distance. Far from the table it seems have lesser speed and power in shots. The optimal distance is close to the table and middle distance.

Spinning

The FPBE can spin good but the original Force Pro seem to be easier to do spin especially on loops and spin drives because you could brush or graze the ball easier with the Force Pro. Middle distance, the FPBE seem to shine better when counter spinning the ball. The Globe 999 national version was equally good on both blades on looping with the favoring heaving slow top spins on the original Force Pro. The FPBE however spins better when you need more power and speed. The FPBE gives a medium to high arc on slow loops when using the Globe 999 national and T05 fx. 

Feel

The FPBE feels a little bit harder compared to the original FP blade. The regular FP is almost similar to the stiffness of the regular Clipper but the FPBE feels harder and gives a more solid feeling when flat hitting the ball. 

Control

There are times the FPBE behaves like a an OFF+ blade and so does its control. The original Force Pro is more controllable than the FPBE but I wouldn't say that the FPBE lacks it. 

Overall:

The Force Pro Black Ed. is a great improvement over the original Force Pro. People need a little bit of adjustment when playing with this great blade. I would not recommend this to a beginner unless they choose a thinner rubber because the bounciness can be quite uncontrollable. Playing chinese rubbers are highly recommended because it pairs very well with a hurricane 3 or globe 999 national provided you can tolerate an increase in its weight. Also, the only draw back i can think of this blade is that you need to seal the blade surface especially if you change rubbers or reglue your rubbers frequently. I notice sort of very thin, hairlike splinters even with the use of a rubber cement glue but this is not a problem as long as you seal the blade when a thin layer of sealant. 

Pure Wood

Weight: 88 grams
Plies: 5 (ayous-???-ayous-???-ayous)
Blade Head Size: 150x156mm
Hardness: Medium Soft
Thickness: 5.9mm (approx.)
Speed: ALL to ALL+
Test Rubbers: Tenzone Ultra SF, Xiying 999 LP, Moon Speed

This is a simple and classic blade. It is more suited to an all around playing style or a long pimple attacking or blocking style. With its speed you can even chop with this blade. It is like an all around classic but a notch faster. Control is its best asset and is very much suited to a defensive or blocking style. You can still attack with it using fast rubbers. The feel and ball feedback are very good with minimal vibration. I would recommend this for beginners since this is a very newbie friendly blade and it could be a developmental stage blade. For all around style of play I suggest using faster rubbers with it like MX-P or 5Q power series since other players might find this slow to their liking.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 7:47am
Finally, eh yogi? Looking forward to your thoughts, as ever.

Seal that Pure Wood. The top ply is very fragile.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 8:00am
i haven't sealed the baldes. i use elmer's rubber cement so it's not too sticky on the blade. so far i really like the force pro black edition and it feels more solid than the original force pro
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/27/2015 at 8:31am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i haven't sealed the baldes. i use elmer's rubber cement so it's not too sticky on the blade. so far i really like the force pro black edition and it feels more solid than the original force pro

RC is likely a far better bet on the Pure Wood than water-based. WBG adheres too much and pulls the wood out every time I change rubbers - even after 3 layers of sealing.

Really like the Black Edition. Tasty!
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/28/2015 at 2:37am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

nice blade, one of the best blades out there, in my opinion it is 1/2 to a 1/3 of the price of the 7 ply nittaku blades and it plays better.
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2015 at 7:26am
Any updates?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2015 at 7:34am
Will be posting tomorrow. Been busy with our regional competition for kids

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2015 at 8:04am
Thank you! Your reviews are always eagerly anticipated!
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 5:41am
The original force pro has noticebly more dwell time, I like the new one the feed back is not annoying and the ST handle is fit to my hand.

The black ed also given more speed, a player told me that the inner core is balsa,I'm not quite sure with  Limba ayous  ayous balsa ayous ayous limba combination. 

I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 7:40am
updated with review

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 10:15am
Thanks, yogi.

Does anyone know how does Pure Wood compare to something like OSP Expert?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 10:16am
Havent tried osp expert

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 11:19am
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Does anyone know how does Pure Wood compare to something like OSP Expert?

I'm not sure many people are using the Pure Wood at the moment. Which is a shame - it's excellent.

The general average speed of the PW is pretty much the same as the Expert, but they're really different in most other ways.

The Expert has a harder feel, more vibration, faster away from the table (less linear). It's a flexy 5-ply with a large head.

The PW is thicker, stiffer, softer. I haven't had a blade with a thick ayous outer like the PW before, and it feels like "hinoki lite" to me. It cushions the ball impact at low speeds like hinoki (but to a lesser degree), but also lacks the feeling of catapult you get with hinoki. So it's really easy to use in the short game with very little jumpiness, and remains very linear from there. It has enough power for me until you get a fair way from the table, but you can deal with that with fast rubbers (as yogi mentioned).
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2016 at 6:51am
Just play with the FPBE for a month or so with Evolution EL-P on the BH, the feel on the blocking of this blade is amazing. Opening BH with it is also a breeze and it doesn't lag any power neither. With EL-P, the throw is lower than MX-P and for me is a better BH rubber. I like a lower throw on the BH side. In gereral, I guess that's I may play EL-P on both side or try a sheet of Chinese rubber on the FH just for testing this out. But I like the feel of this blade a lot and it is not that slow neither.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2016 at 9:29am
"The Pure woods consist of Koto, Mahagoni and Samba layers. The outer ply is Koto."

this is the information Tibhar gave me.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2016 at 9:32am
Mine has come in at 92g.  I might sand a couple of mm's off allround if i decide to stick with it.  It is a little head heavy with 05fx and H3N
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 6:39am
I recently bought me a Pure Wood (in ST) and its characteristics seem to vary much more than desirable. I went to a place yesterday and one of their players happens to own a Pure Wood too. He brought it to the table, it is an FL with two XIOM Vega Euros 2.0 or max. It was ridiculously light as I held it in my hand. He showed me a pic of his digital scales measuring the complete setup and it was 166 gr. My PW is 83 without rubbers, I guess it is in the 170 something range with two rubbers cut.

The striking difference was in the way they played. His blade felt like an ALL- compared to mine which felt and behaved like a true OFF blade. It was like I could have broken his blade in half with by just the press of the finger while mine was a lot stiffer. Another player there commented that mine is harder and faster than his Hurricane Long 5.

I like my PW a lot and I find the ST handle is very good. The FL was a little flat for me although I could get used to it.

I suggest you have a look at several blades if you are planning on buying a PW because it looks like Tibhar do not manage to keep them similar. Both of us bought our own blade from an official source.
bedoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bedoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2017 at 10:35am
Compare with tibhar stratus powerwood, which one is better?
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2017 at 11:32am
you cant really compare. pure wood is an allround blade. stratus Powerwood is definitely an off blade
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
tabletennis11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennis11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/03/2017 at 6:00am
Great and insightful review yogi_bear!

We too had our equipment reviewer Patrick test the Samsonov Force Pro Black Edition. 

He concluded that "it's an excellent blade that allows for a balanced game style with equal parts looping, hitting, and blocking, while still providing excellent feeling and control for serves and touch play."

If you wish to read the full review, you can do it here. We're curious to hear if you strongly agree or disagree with something Patrick wrote about this blade.

Edited by tabletennis11 - 08/03/2017 at 3:55pm
Johnny Erasure View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Erasure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2017 at 8:19pm
If you don't know this is the blade with which the beautiful Miss and sexi Romanian player Bernadette Szocs play.
Now she is European Champion with Romanian team.
Look here pics with her setup:

Edited by Johnny Erasure - 09/21/2017 at 8:25pm
Blade: JM ZLC
Rubbers: FH Dignics 09C
            BH Dignics 05
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=63937&KW=Johnny+Erasure&PID=764628&title=feedback-for-j
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/21/2017 at 9:30pm
you take her blade Johnny, I'll take Bernadette home while listening to the music of Georghe Zamfir's "The Lonely Shepherd"

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic