Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What's happening with Stiga blades quality?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
HappyHarry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by p1ngp0ng3r p1ngp0ng3r wrote:

I'm really surprised reading some of these posts about Stiga quality.

At this moment I own a Clipper Wood, Clipper CC, Infinity and Emerald and IMO there is nothing wrong with the quality. Played a lot with both Clippers and ofcourse they are damaged, but only to my own doing (like hitting the table) Haven't played a lot with Infinity and Emerald, but reglued both blades couple of times. The outer plies are still 100%.

Agree, this thread made me really surprised. I have played with many Stiga blades thru the years and I think they all have had good quality, maybe I have had luck but I dough that the quality is so bad as some guys here want it to sound like. Sure many blades of mine have been broken but thats because of my bad temper haha! 
Sponsored Links

rocketscientist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/31/2015 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Originally posted by rocketscientist rocketscientist wrote:

Originally posted by AgentHEX AgentHEX wrote:

Stiga makes blades in china for the chinese market. They're better than the swedish ones.

You obvious doesn't know what you are talking about. All stiga blades are made in sweden, even the ones that are sold in China. And that is a fact.

OMG you are probably the ONLY guy in this world that you don't know that Stiga has factory in China!!!

They have an office in China. But only factory in Sweden. You should read more info about different brands before you make a fool of yourself.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 1:05am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
AgentHEX View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgentHEX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 12:08pm
Funny that anyone still thinks "made in sweden" is anything of a plus for stiga. It also shows how little blade quality matters given some can't even tell.

The best bit is all this time people were willingly propagating PR fluff alarmingly disconnected from the product itself; an illuminating analogy to everything else said about equipment.
*_strataras_* View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *_strataras_* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/01/2015 at 12:56pm

Originally posted by *_strataras_* *_strataras_* wrote:

Originally posted by AgentHEX AgentHEX wrote:

Stiga makes blades in china for the chinese market. They're better than the swedish ones.

You obvious doesn't know what you are talking about. All stiga blades are made in sweden, even the ones that are sold in China. And that is a fact.

OMG you are probably the ONLY guy in this world that you don't know that Stiga has factory in China!!!

They have an office in China. But only factory in Sweden. You should read more info about different brands before you make a fool of yourself.

Keep these commends for yourself mr.Ok??If you make a fool of yourself your bussiness.But keep these commends for yourself, they doesn't make you more clever
OSP Virtuoso SQST
Tenergy 05(black 1,9mm FH)
Tenergy 05(red 1,9mm BH)

Feedback
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/02/2015 at 12:08pm
Random thoughts on this subject:

I've been impressed with Stiga's Clipper products. And I really like the Clipper CC besides the price. (Although its cheaper than a Butterfly composite blade, so I can't complain too much.)

The unfinished, splintery aspect of Stiga's wood blades doesn't bother me, because I can just customize it. But the poor craftsmanship stuff like crooked lenses, etc, are not acceptable for a $100+ product.

And they do have some very cheap/junky feeling products... Optimum Sync felt like a piece of rigid cardboard to me. But again, I like the feeling of their Clipper line of products.

I owned an Infinity VPS which the second ply was coming apart from the core, but I sent it back to the dealer for a full refund, so I'm not going to name names. But I won't buy another VPS.

Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/08/2015 at 5:20am
I've been using a Stiga Emerald since November. Whilst it plays wonderfully, I must say, if this is an example of Stiga improving the quality of the finishing of their blades, then they really must have been quite poor before. The outer veneer is full of tiny cracks and seems really brittle and bits have chipped off near the handle, where I can't see how it could have come into contact with anything. The handle doesn't seem to been sanded nearly as well as other brands either. 
I am really quite worried as to what will happen when I come to change the rubbers.

This leaves me with a bit of a dilemma, I love the way the blade plays, but just can't see it lasting and there is no way I will purchase another one the same whilst there is a risk it could have the same quality issues. Can anyone suggest something that may be similar from a different brand? I like the size and shape of the Stiga legend handles.

Thanks  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2015 at 7:36am
I haven't tried that many Stiga blades but the Emerald and the Infinity that I have played with have been of really great quality and also the Allround classic that I started playing with. I thinking about trying the new Carbonado blades by Stiga have someone heard something about the quality?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HappyHarry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2015 at 7:37am
Also my old clipper wood blade still works like a charm after almost five years, maybe it just luck? Smile
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2015 at 1:50pm
My Stiga Emerald woes continue. It felt a bit strange when playing today, when I inspected it, it appears the outer veneer is coming away. It is still the first sheet of rubber, so I can't see how I could have done anything to cause this to happen. 

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2015 at 1:53pm
Happy Harry, are you a sock puppet for Fehrplay? Because you have the same IP address and you seem to write the same kinds of things about Stiga products.

I don't use any Stiga products and have no thoughts about these things (except maybe for sentimental reasons I want them to thrive), but I do care about the website.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2015 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

My Stiga Emerald woes continue. It felt a bit strange when playing today, when I inspected it, it appears the outer veneer is coming away. It is still the first sheet of rubber, so I can't see how I could have done anything to cause this to happen. 

Don't worry, that's probably VPS-technology with Diamond tOuch.Ouch JK, that's unacceptable even for the cheapest blades.

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
DrBacterius View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrBacterius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2015 at 2:09pm

That's what happened to my first Emerald. The outer ply was unstucked in the center part and made a bubble, same that happen sometimes with rubbers. The seller changed the blade inmediately.
OSP Virtuoso
T8O Max / Ventus Spin 1.8

My Feedback
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2015 at 2:13pm
I've emailed the seller and I've only had it for 3 months, so hopefully they will change the blade. I'm a bit reluctant to get another Stiga though.
LOOPMEISTER View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOOPMEISTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/09/2015 at 2:20pm

This is exactly what happened to my Infinity VPS. (But the dealer gave me a refund without much hassle.)

Edited by LOOPMEISTER - 02/09/2015 at 2:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic