Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW Yasaka ROSE 5 (Goiabao 5) review!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
schen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/07/2015 at 3:23pm
I sold that blade a long time ago because it was too fast for my style at the time
Feedback | FOR SALE - updated Mar 19

Dynasty / H3 / H3
Sponsored Links

lzrby View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lzrby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/04/2019 at 12:32am
Originally posted by schen schen wrote:

Feel:
Delightfully crispy when the wood is engaged, similar to RW5.  It feels very solid with the largest sweet spot I've felt on a 5-ply blade, similar to what you might expect from a 7-ply blade like the YES or a clipper, but with much more feedback to boot!  The feeling actually reminds me a lot of how the YEO felt with the old celluloid ball, except stiffer.  This may be one of the few examples of manufacturers making good on their marketing claims of upgrading equipment for the plastic ball without completely going in a different direction Shocked

The YEO had a muted feel in comparison unless you hit really hard, whereas I could feel the Goiabao 5 (referred to as G5 from here on) much more clearly with little effort.  That's not to say that the YEO feels dull - far from it, but the G5 clearly feels like an upgrade by comparison.  

Hi schen, I was wondering what other blades you knew of that you could feel clearly the way you describe the Goiabao 5. I tried the YEO and I totally agree that it feels muted. I'm looking for a blade that is around the speed of the YEO (maybe a tad slower?) for RPB attacking style. 

The Yasaka Silver All Wood is a bit more feel than the YEO in my opinion, but still not as much as I would like. I did get to try a shakehand version of the Silver 9 Wood and the amount of clear feeling was good (plus it did better at mid- to long- distance). But it was slightly stiff. Not sure if the solid feeling is due to the stiffness, though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic