tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Buy and Sell > For sale

knowingly selling fake blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: knowingly selling fake blades
    Posted: 02/13/2015 at 11:42am
The internet is awash with fake blades, especially fake Butterfly blades.  That raises the question as to whether we should allow fake blades to be sold here.  Obviously not when they are being represented as genuine.  Everyone can agree that this is fraudulent and should be a bannable offense.

But what about the hypothetical case where someone is indicating upfront that the blade is fake?

We can't allow that either.  The world is awash with fakes and while there are other places you can sell them like ebay, alibaba, etc. here we simply can't allow anything that would tend to increase the flow of fake products.

So, do not do it.  Threads that attempt to do it will be deleted.
kakapo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2015 at 5:31pm
Better like this ...otherwise Butterfly could perhaps sue this forum if it openly allows people selling fakes.
Never faster than the max....
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2015 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Better like this ...otherwise Butterfly could perhaps sue this forum if it openly allows people selling fakes.

i doubt butterfly would do that. this forum is a GREAT unpaid sponsorship for them.

Click the picture for feedback ^
kakapo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2015 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

i doubt butterfly would do that. this forum is a GREAT unpaid sponsorship for them.

Perhaps, but they don't really need it IMO :)). The forum also sponsors Stiga, Nexy, Nittaku, Donic,....So there is no break in the balance. Every brands has its positive and negative feedbacks.
Also, BTY asks their customers to contact them immediately if they doubt an item is genuine.
They are not naive.....that's just because this forum has a lot of success that they won't tolerate the forum allows its members selling fakes.
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2015 at 5:51pm

Perhaps, but they don't really need it IMO :)). The forum also sponsors Stiga, Nexy, Nittaku, Donic,....So there is no break in the balance. Every brands has its positive and negative feedbacks.
Also, BTY asks their customers to contact them immediately if they doubt an item is genuine.
They are not naive.....that's just because this forum has a lot of success that they won't tolerate the forum allows its members selling fakes.

you win this one Clap. I'm convinced

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2015 at 7:09pm

That hadn't occurred to me before, and it is possible they have never heard of this site, but in any case it is another good reason for making this policy.   

I think as a matter if principle, though, we should not tolerate knowing trafficking in fake items or do anything that somehow promotes the practice of making and selling fakes.

I should acknowledge tiehwen for suggesting this policy.
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2015 at 9:09pm
Shouldn't this also apply to rubber?
Blade - Butterfly Joo Saehyuk ST
Forehand - Xiom Omega 5 Asia
Backhand - Xiom Vega Europe DF
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2015 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Shouldn't this also apply to rubber?

yes, all counterfeit merchandise will promote the selling of counterfeit merchandise in almost no positive manner whatsoever

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/13/2015 at 9:38pm
Yes, applies to anything fake.
Henry0608 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry0608 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 8:40am
Is there any counterfeit product for Table Tennis beside Butterfly?
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 8:42am
Originally posted by Henry0608 Henry0608 wrote:

yea but it's more rare to find. Butterfly is the most popular, and most expensive products out there.

flamingmdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flamingmdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 9:09am
Nittaku blades from instruments series are widely faked.
Innerforce ALC / T05FX
kakapo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 2:31pm

Originally posted by Henry0608 Henry0608 wrote:

yea but it's more rare to find. Butterfly is the most popular, and most expensive products out there.

Stiga has considerably increased their prices recently but.....theirs blades are losing their value a lot quicker than the Butterfly ones.
Just look at the emerald or carbonado.....stiga began with too high prices and in the first month, it was or is possible to buy these new blades with a 25- 30% discount.

Stiga is not a consistant and reliable brand enough to get profit......in the fake maker's point of view :))
Henry0608 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henry0608 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 2:35pm
Wow, Kakapo is really into fake product huh. Thanks for info. Smile
Antuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 2:51pm

No doubt.Clap
lalcj22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalcj22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/16/2015 at 11:23pm
hello
pls explain how to identify  a fake bty blade.
thx

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2015 at 5:19pm
I actually didn't know the most sure way to do it, so I started a thread in the main section.  Apparently if you know the serial number you can contact Butterfly and they can do an authenticity check (but I have no idea how long that will take).  Otherwise you can post a picture here and people have pretty good eyes to check as we have seen many times.

That may not always be that helpful buying something here.  You may not have a picture of the blade, you may not be in a position to wait until Btfly answers your query, etc. 
Ranger-man View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranger-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 8:27am
Agreed. A complete no-fakes policy is the right way to go.

Ahinoki Lutz Spruce Jpen: 729 SuperFX
1-ply Hinoki Club
The speed of a Rhino and the power of a Gazelle!
tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2015 at 1:43pm
Another classic tactic "Scammers/Cheaters" use commonly would be the playing of "Innocence" game. For example....
1.) "Oh...I'm sorry, I thought I could sell "Fakes" because that so & so is selling it too."

2.) "hmm...the "Limited Edition" blade was used by so & so who's a high ranked player in International competitions or in China or Asia."
It turned out that the seller's made up bunch of BS.

3.) "I've special connections/sources in China or Japan whom/where I could rely on to get this or that Special Limited blades..."
Well, he/she actually gets/orders these so-called special items from TaoBao of China and tries to flip these items to make $$$ here @mytt.net.

4.) "This whatever special blade is in EXCELLENT condition as per the posted pics... & asking prices is 325 or 500 USD"...
Well, this blade is in fact chomped/chewed up, sanded & shaved like nasty D.I.Y. job...In other word, the seller just wants to mislead the public or esp. new members...

There may be more cheaters/scammers out there. Please bear in mind that one doesn't have to be rocket scientist to figure out some of these prices of "Special Blades" are all jacked up & demanded this "please look @ me, me & me" attentions. Just bogus....

So, buyers please beware...I've been here long enough to know which sellers to avoid or who are honest & genuine & know what they're selling & talking about....

Good luck to you all.

Edited by tiehwen - 05/02/2015 at 1:46pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/13/2017 at 3:38pm
There are a lot of fake Stiga blades also.  They are designed for the market in China, where Stiga is a really popular blade and where mean monthly income makes buying a real one a stretch for a lot of people.
Avallo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Avallo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/16/2017 at 1:20am
actually i have found stiga, butterfly, yasaka also nittaku in fake edition....

beware... because many "blade maker" in indonesia are superb in these things....

but i also agree with mr Baal that in china it's more dangerous....

because stiga also have china version
an indonesian tennis table maniac

MY FEEDBACK

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic