Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Carbonado 145 - Unboxing and review

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carbonado 145 - Unboxing and review
    Posted: 02/14/2015 at 8:42am
Hey guys!
Here is my first impressions of the new Carbonado 145.

Carbonado 145 and 190 - Unboxing

Edited by Giangt - 02/22/2015 at 6:23pm
Sponsored Links

tiehwen View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiehwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/15/2015 at 12:48pm
It seems to me that Stiga copies the look of Butterfly Schlager Carbon handle.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 10:19am
b
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/17/2015 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Giangt Giangt wrote:

Hey guys!
Here is my first impressions of the new Carbonado 145.

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9898-Carbonado-145-Unboxing&p=105514#post105514

looks like the plies are like supercarbon blade
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2015 at 4:23pm
I have done a review on TTD :)
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2015 at 4:40pm
Looks great, your review was really good Giangt! Do you guys think this blade will work good with Bluefire M1? 

Edited by Leftyy - 02/22/2015 at 4:40pm
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2015 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by Leftyy Leftyy wrote:

Looks great, your review was really good Giangt! Do you guys think this blade will work good with Bluefire M1? 
thanks Leftyy! I really appreciate your feedback. Yh I think it would work well on the 145.
pingponger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pingponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/22/2015 at 11:00pm
Slightly off-topic, but the name 'carbonado' sounds like a dish, it makes me hungry ;) .

The packaging is killer, tho.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 12:23pm

Giangt,  encouraging review on the 145. You said its speed is slower than a Viscaria, which I haven't played with - how much slower would it be.  How does it compare with TBS or M. Maze in terms of speed and power.  A review on the 190 would be appreciated also.  Thanks.
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by pingponger pingponger wrote:

Slightly off-topic, but the name 'carbonado' sounds like a dish, it makes me hungry ;) .

"carbonade" is a danish dish ;) but if you eat the Carbonado I think you will end up with a stomach ache ;)
Giangt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giangt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Giangt,  encouraging review on the 145. You said its speed is slower than a Viscaria, which I haven't played with - how much slower would it be.  How does it compare with TBS or M. Maze in terms of speed and power.  A review on the 190 would be appreciated also.  Thanks.
I'm glad that you liked it Tom. I would say it's pretty similar to TBS or maybe a bit faster. It has been a while since I have tried the TBS but one is for sure. The control is just fantastic with the 145. Of cause... I will post a review of the 190 when I have tested the blade.
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/23/2015 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by pingponger pingponger wrote:

I would love some pasta Carbonado! Wink 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 10:08am
Have to spread the good word.  Ordered the 145 from TTEX.se (Sweden) 4pm Feb 19, EST Canada, received the blade this morning!!!  Had a quick bounce on the bare blade.  The sweetspot does not extend all the way to the side but close enough.  No knots on the blade face as was on Giangt's sample .

Edited by tom - 02/24/2015 at 10:15am
slowman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slowman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 12:05pm

Have to spread the good word.  Ordered the 145 from TTEX.se (Sweden) 4pm Feb 19, EST Canada, received the blade this morning!!!  Had a quick bounce on the bare blade.  The sweetspot does not extend all the way to the side but close enough.  No knots on the blade face as was on Giangt's sample .

Wow. That's pretty quick. 
How did they ship the blade? and what is the weight of your blade Tom?

Feedback
Viscaria
FH: H3 NEO
BH: T05
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by slowman slowman wrote:

Priority Post with tracking, only charged me 6 USD for it, think they lost money on the Freight.  Will only be able to access my scale tonight - will let you know.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by slowman slowman wrote:

Priority Post with tracking, only charged me 6 USD for it, think they lost money on the Freight.  Will only be able to access my scale tonight - will let you know.
84 g. a bit light 
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 5:08pm
I'm thinking of ordering this blade! Has anyone more played with it and wants to share their thoughts? 
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/04/2015 at 6:32pm
Leftyy,

Got the 145 about a week ago, tried it a couple of times only, with Rasant Turbo,and Grip.  I am trying some other blades for the time being but these are my initial impressions: good short game, good dwell ,  loop drive adequate but not my best setup , top spin better but not overwhelming, smashing - has potential.  Power, good for a soft stroke, not good for a medium stroke, and above avg for a strong stroke.  Wish I could say more, but did not want to use it in a game yet, so my experience with it is limited.

Edited by tom - 03/04/2015 at 6:33pm
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 9:20am
It seems, that I had a bit more luck with the veneer quality. Wink

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 4:40pm

You are so lucky Tom. I also paid on 19th Feb and only received the 145 and 190 pair yesterday. I once thought the package was lost in transit. I see they don't offer the discount now.

Edited by TurboZ - 03/06/2015 at 4:41pm
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

You are so lucky Tom. I also paid on 19th Feb and only received the 145 and 190 pair yesterday. I once thought the package was lost in transit. I see they don't offer the discount now.

Turbo, 

I am sure the delivery thing was a one off but I will take what I can get.  In any case you got the (big)discount  Have fun with the blades and if you come to some conclusion about  differences between the two, it will be nice to have it posted.

Edited by tom - 03/06/2015 at 6:11pm
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 6:14pm

Leftyy,

Got the 145 about a week ago, tried it a couple of times only, with Rasant Turbo,and Grip.  I am trying some other blades for the time being but these are my initial impressions: good short game, good dwell ,  loop drive adequate but not my best setup , top spin better but not overwhelming, smashing - has potential.  Power, good for a soft stroke, not good for a medium stroke, and above avg for a strong stroke.  Wish I could say more, but did not want to use it in a game yet, so my experience with it is limited.

ok, thanks anyway! I think I will wait a little while for more reviews before ordering Smile
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 6:20pm

Leftyy,

ok, thanks anyway! I think I will wait a little while for more reviews before ordering Smile

most of the time the wiser choice, I am sure more posts will come in the coming weeks.
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/06/2015 at 6:30pm
Leftty, wait for more reviews and watch For Sale section closely.

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/07/2015 at 12:15pm

Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

Turbo, 

I am sure the delivery thing was a one off but I will take what I can get.  In any case you got the (big)discount  Have fun with the blades and if you come to some conclusion about  differences between the two, it will be nice to have it posted.

I had ordered a few times from them before and all came within 4 to 8 days so 2 weeks of wait suddenly seems like forever! I had the 145 in Cpen and 190 in Master FL. 190 seems harder and 145 more flex by just bouncing a ball on the bare wood. 145 got a darker and nicer texture. It is 88.5g and 2.5g heavier than the FL. Suppose both wood types are the same. No idea why the 145 is priced much higher than 190 in TT11. Love to read more reviews about the types of rubbers that fit it best before setting up mine.

Was about to wait a bit to see if Xu Xin and FZD will switch to the new blades before deciding which Cpen and FL to buy but the discount price is just too good to miss so I just took a wide guess.
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/09/2015 at 7:29pm
I thought that if everyone like me is waiting for reviews before ordering the blade there will not be so many reviews so I decided to order the 145 today! I will try to share my thoughts about it when I have received it and played with it for a couple of practices! Smile

Edited by Leftyy - 03/09/2015 at 7:30pm
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2015 at 10:38am
played some games with the 145 last night.  more discoveries, good on the flicks(both sides) and could counter drive with ease and consistency.  To finish a point, it could transmit great (and sweet) power if your stroke is properly executed - but I think this is true for most setups

Edited by tom - 03/10/2015 at 12:59pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2015 at 1:45pm
can the new carbonado owners tell me whether the 145 or the 190 is anywhere close to the speed and power of the Schlager Carbon?  
BB-Big View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BB-Big Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/10/2015 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by liulin04 liulin04 wrote:

can the new carbonado owners tell me whether the 145 or the 190 is anywhere close to the speed and power of the Schlager Carbon?  

Speed
Schlager Carbon>>Carbonado

Speed of the new carbonado is only a little bit slower than (or equal to) butterfly TMB ALC.

Edited by BB-Big - 03/10/2015 at 7:46pm
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2015 at 6:30pm

thanks Leftyy! I really appreciate your feedback. Yh I think it would work well on the 145.

I got mine yesterday and will try it out tomorrow. I hope I will be as satisfied as you. When are you going to make the review on the 190? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic