Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nittaku Accoustic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gronkus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nittaku Accoustic
    Posted: 02/24/2015 at 11:23am
Hi all,
I'm looking for a new blade/rubber combo and am considering the Accoustic after reading many good things about the blade.

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on what rubbers would pair well with it? Specifically, I am considering either Donic Bluefire (M2/M3/JP 03) or Tibhar Evolution (EL-P, FX-P).

Given the characteristics of the blade, which of these rubbers (sponge hardness, etc...) match up well? Also would love any other rubber suggestions too.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 11:44am
I prefer not an overly soft rubber for such a soft, flexible blade. what's your playing style like?

Click the picture for feedback ^
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 12:50pm
+1 

Do not use too soft rubbers (sponges). I recommend rubbers with sponges of 42° or more.
Blufire M2 may be a good choice, but also M1 or Tenergy 05.
If you don`t like hard top sheets, choose Adidas P7 (hard sponge, soft top sheet).
gronkus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 12:58pm
Topspin loop-drives on forehand, backhand is combo looping and smashing. Playing level around 1600.

Other blades I had been considering were:
- Donic Waldner Legend Carbon
- Donic Waldner World Champion 89
- Stiga (Rosewood or Maplewood)
- Stiga Infinity Diamond touch

Right now I use a TB ALC which is ok but just lacks something - maybe a bit of feel of wood? And T05 on FH and MarkV HPS on BH. With the T05 it is just too much of a hit or miss - can't quite get used to the high throw angle.

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by gronkus gronkus wrote:

Right now I use a TB ALC which is ok but just lacks something - maybe a bit of feel of wood?

If you need TB ALC with wood feel you should get Innerforce ALC
gronkus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 1:33pm
Magic_M,
Is there a published guide somewhere of sponge hardness ratings for rubbers?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 1:35pm
my 2 cents, maybe an Acoustic Carbon, not that woody but less carbon feel that others of the kind, reg Acoustic might not meet flat hit / smash requirements
gronkus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 1:42pm
Would an Accoustic with a lower throw angle rubber for the backhand work well for BH smashing? Can a rubber compensate for what the blade is not quite as suited for?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 2:03pm
it should help, but will hamper other areas such as heavy top spin - too many variables to consider - will take time and money to find the right combination to compensate for that missing something (for your game)imho
gronkus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 2:23pm
Just read a bit on the Acoustic Carbon. Any opinions on that blade? How about rubber pairings for that. Would the AC pair up better with slightly softer sponge rubbers as compared to the all wood Acoustic?
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 2:26pm
i prefer all wood, but if you like loop drives and smashes as your primary game, the accoustic carbon may be better for you. if your loops involve HEAVY spin, go with the regular accoustic

Click the picture for feedback ^
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 2:31pm

Just read a bit on the Acoustic Carbon. Any opinions on that blade? How about rubber pairings for that. Would the AC pair up better with slightly softer sponge rubbers as compared to the all wood Acoustic?
they have the same top layer - I think the pairing should not be that different, I have Rasant Turbo FH and Airoc M BH, on the AC and they work well, med to med hard I suppose
gronkus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 3:07pm
Ok, just since I'm in fantasize mode, just came across the Barwell Fleet blade. Aside from having to take out a second mortgage, what kind of characteristics does this blade have as compared to the Acoustic (Carbon)?
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 3:18pm
Gronkus,
You are in luck, I also play with the BWF , that and AC are what I am using currently.  BWF have more control, is heavier and give more chance for you to generate your own power, less crisp than the AC.  They both have good spin.  BWF will favor longer, smoother more powerful strokes.  For myself I use the BWF mainly to develop my strokes during practice (vs. games), although I hope to become good enough to rely on the BWF completely.
gronkus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gronkus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 3:30pm
Tom,
Thank you for the comparison! So at this point you still use the AC during matches? How much different is the play between the two? I read one review when they stated the BWF and the A (all-wood) were both very "linear" in that you get out what you put in and said both were super backhand smash blades. A little conflicting with some other reviews which is why all this can be so subjective.
I've never tried a Nittaku blade before. Been a longtime Donic user and now recently Butterfly. Would like to try something different but I have to stop looking as every time I do the price tags go up!!
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 3:43pm

Tom,
Thank you for the comparison! So at this point you still use the AC during matches? How much different is the play between the two? I read one review when they stated the BWF and the A (all-wood) were both very "linear" in that you get out what you put in and said both were super backhand smash blades. A little conflicting with some other reviews which is why all this can be so subjective.
I've never tried a Nittaku blade before. Been a longtime Donic user and now recently Butterfly. Would like to try something different but I have to stop looking as every time I do the price tags go up!!
AC and BWF plays quite differently, but have some common strengths - I could switch back and forth no problem.  While I think both Nittaku and Butterfly are overpriced, sometimes you have to pay more than its worth if you want something badly enough.  Trying out a blade bf placing an order will save you money.
Jolan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 4:33pm
Vega Japan matches 100% with acoustic. At least the best match I found so far and we have tried a lot....
Joola Wyzaryz Freeze
Vega pro 2.0mm
Vega intro 2.0mm
Blade collection : https://photos.app.goo.gl/PrgCu5ib5RnhVXTn9
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/24/2015 at 4:38pm
If you want Nittaku, Latika is affordable yet very well made.

Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/25/2015 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Ray Ray wrote:

If you want Nittaku, Latika is affordable yet very well made.

Have you played Latika ?   what is it like ?

Wink   Ooops, this is supposed to be about Accoustic

Edited by Snakefish - 02/25/2015 at 12:15am
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
sonykurniawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/27/2015 at 3:52am
IMHO, acoustic paired with bluefire M3 plays great. It loops well and good short touch, not bouncy. Its my ex-main set up as I'm using violin now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic