3 [12.50%]
1 [4.17%]
13 [54.17%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: change blade from viscaria for plastic ball
    Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:22am
I noticed a number of pros going to slightly slower equipment and i'm considering going to all-wood for increased control. I have less time to play now and fitness isn't what it used to be. 

Edited by kurokami - 03/24/2015 at 11:29am
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Sponsored Links

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:34am
most of the vote choices aren't all wood though Confused

Click the picture for feedback ^
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:44am
yea i don't know much all-wood choices. my 2nd blade was composite. vis is my 3rd.

i was reading more reviews and other nittaku (i like) suggestions were runlox, ludeack, adelie
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:47am
You may also consider the Stiga Rosewood XO. It's a tad slower than Viscaria but with better control. They feel cpose as well.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 12:06pm
Perhaps you could go to slower rubber.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 12:06pm
Rosewood is always a good option, just so dang overpriced. 

I really liked Ludeack when I played it if you like nittaku. The headsize is a little weird though so if you have some viscaria cut rubbers they won't likely fit. It's wider than standard. But it's nice feeling. A little slower than Clipper, but good feel/control and still plenty fast. I would recommend lightly sealing it with something if you get it. I don't remember why I sold the thing. I think i just got a clipper CR instead. 

I always hear good things about runlox, but if I buy nittaku i usually like to stick to the japanese made stuff because the quality is so great, and runlox isn't japanese made. 
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 12:10pm
Stratus Powerwood not on your list but should be.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 12:11pm

Runlox is no longer available. AVX P500 is the same so a player can still get one. Correct me if I am wrong but I didn't see Runlox on the Nittaku website.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

roypnoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roypnoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 12:30pm
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35795&title=nittaku-latika-review
The soul of rock View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The soul of rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 1:03pm
I agree that higher end Stiga blades are way overpriced, but if money is no object, the the Rosewood XO is probably the best all wood alternative for the Viscaria.
Viscaria FL
FH: Nittaku Hurricane 3 NEO
BH: Tenergy 05
-------
My feedback
vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 1:11pm
Nexy Calix. More control in the short game, same power when looping or smashing, arguably better feel.
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by vvk1 vvk1 wrote:

Nexy Calix. More control in the short game, same power when looping or smashing, arguably better feel.

+1 

Calix is very thin so it has an all wood feeling but it still has a thin layer of carbon so you can extract the power needed from the blade. 

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 1:39pm
Don't go too slow (like low OFF- or ALL+) so soon and don't buy expensive all-wood blades.

Suggestion:
  • not as fast as Viscaria near table (for better BH consistency) but still great for looping from mid-distance without sacrificing control
  • as much as possible, sweet spot size should not decrease a lot by going to all-wood
  • don't go too flexy - that is moving to something radically different
  • limba outers - for better control, good spin & better grip on plastic ball. Blade should be spinnier than Viscaria
Clipper fills in all of the above boxes without too much of a burden on your wallet. PM me if you want a good deal on a 1-day old 86g Clipper Wood (Legend FL). My take: if that blade was good for many in the CNT (past or present), it is good enough for you.

Edited by slevin - 03/24/2015 at 1:40pm
Roger Stillabower View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Stillabower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 3:26pm
Try a Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon, I think it is a very underrated blade that is very reasonable on price.
Shifter
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Don't go too slow (like low OFF- or ALL+) so soon and don't buy expensive all-wood blades.

Suggestion:
  • not as fast as Viscaria near table (for better BH consistency) but still great for looping from mid-distance without sacrificing control
  • as much as possible, sweet spot size should not decrease a lot by going to all-wood
  • limba outers - for better control, good spin & better grip on plastic ball. Blade should be spinnier than Viscaria
Clipper fills in all of the above boxes without too much of a burden on your wallet. PM me if you want a good deal on a 1-day old 86g Clipper Wood (Legend FL). My take: if that blade was good for many in the CNT (past or present), it is good enough for you.

yea i was really considering Clipper CR. i'm about to make a tt11 order though and last time you said barwell was your favorite so i was thinking of getting that. however, i checked nittaku players and they all migrated from bf to acoustic.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:35pm
so you notice pro's now use slower blades for this new slower ball, how interesting
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:56pm
yes bc slower ball properties ppl just hit harder. however, compensating for spin, ppl are moving to higher throw and slightly slower blades in general with few exception
Viscaria
H3N/T05
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/24/2015 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

so you notice pro's now use slower blades for this new slower ball, how interesting

he said he doesn't play as much and fitness isn't what it used to be. That's the primary reason for switching, he needs control.

smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 12:04am
yes you know, when reading it looked like the third reason?
 Im just thinking out loud but will a slower blade make people move better
just joshing
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 12:13am
Emmm....my fit is not a cake too so I was planning to move for a faster blade from Viscaria....may be Carbonado 190 or Nexy 4th wave....I can't hit harder than I can. And it's not enough w/ plastic ball. And I dont like Tenergy w/ plastic Confused  They multiplied my EJ result by zero with that innovation.  
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 12:14am
a slower blade will mean he wont have to move to position to do the "perfect stroke" it allows more room for error. 

chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 12:49am
JM, it's faster than Viscaria and a bit more high-throw
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 3:06am
I haven't tried Barwell nor Yasaka Extra Special, but these two look similar. YES is a bit thinner, like the old Clipper with walnut surface layers and three times cheaper than Barwell (YES is currently on sale at TT11, costs 30eur).
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
john18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 5:30am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

yea i was really considering Clipper CR. i'm about to make a tt11 order though and last time you said barwell was your favorite so i was thinking of getting that. however, i checked nittaku players and they all migrated from bf to acoustic.

Sayaka Hirano said herself she moved from Rosewood V to Clipper CR - WRB because of the new ball.
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 5:35am
why not an osp blade; virtuoso or virtuoso+ lots of reviews on these to blades on this website also tt11 have these for a really good price.
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 9:01am
Originally posted by kurokami kurokami wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Suggestion:

I played BF with celluloid. Limba outers have better grip than Walnut. I personally would emphasize good grip for playing with the plastic ball (so, Limba outers in blades and rubbers like Chinese or MX-P or Rakza X on FH).

I wasn't talking about Clipper CR (which is much faster at the table and more for hitting relative to the Clipper). I'm not a big fan of that UV finish on the CR. I think it is more for close to the table, women's style of play.

You mean that the men's players have migrated to the Acoustic? I find that a bit odd (from what I know of the blade). Are you talking about the Japanese national team here?

Edited by slevin - 03/25/2015 at 9:02am
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 9:08am
Originally posted by patrick1v patrick1v wrote:

why not an osp blade; virtuoso or virtuoso+ lots of reviews on these to blades on this website also tt11 have these for a really good price.

$86 for slow wood blade? something like P700, Rutis, Stradivarius, would be cheaper and better
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 12:29pm
Heck, I'm bout to go to a faster blade >:D

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
patrick1v View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrick1v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 6:15pm
played with the strad and the p700 i much perferred the v+ and v- and they are not slow as you make them out to be.those other blades are stiff with less flex and feedback.i have no prob looping hard with these blades.like i said just read the reviews.also for a bit more speed the ultimate would be the one.even though i find the v+ plenty fast.
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 6:14pm
Not all wood but you should consider stradavarius. Its lighter weight compared to vis. Some have said its a touch faster. Its super controllable.

IMO Slower equipment isnt the way to go. The plastic ball is made to slow the game down in the first place. We should try and go for faster equipment haha.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic