FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Battle 1 and 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battle 1 and 2
    Posted: 03/25/2015 at 12:50pm
It looks like zeropong has added 729 Battle 1 and Battle 2 to their website. Good for USA buyers I think. Only 200 units each, come one come all :)

And no, I do not make money on that site, I SEND money to that site, among others:(
Sponsored Links

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 1:27pm
Looks good.  Let me know how it plays.  I've invested too much stock in my current rubber to look at side bets.

Edited by NextLevel - 03/25/2015 at 1:27pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 2:24pm
I tried a sheet of battle 1 and really liked it about a month ago. It plays very different than Big Dipper however-I am still on the Big Dipper bandwagon for now.

Just passing info on. I do wonder if battle 2 is close to Big Dipper, but not trying right now.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 3:41pm
That's FANTASTIC!  I had emailed them a few weeks ago to see if they'd stock it.  And it's even in my favorite hardness for both!  Really, everyone should try these.
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by eonblue eonblue wrote:

That's FANTASTIC!  I had emailed them a few weeks ago to see if they'd stock it.  And it's even in my favorite hardness for both!  Really, everyone should try these.

Are there any extensive reviews on them?

Are they light? How really tacky is Battle 1 and is it really 42 degrees hard? 42 on DHS scale would be quite hard and probably kinda heavy.

I am trying to find some light black rubber that would play more or less the same as KTL Red Diamond Mechanical (which unfortunately is not manufactured in Black).
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Are they light? How really tacky is Battle 1 and is it really 42 degrees hard? 42 on DHS scale would be quite hard and probably kinda heavy.

I am trying to find some light black rubber that would play more or less the same as KTL Red Diamond Mechanical (which unfortunately is not manufactured in Black).

Those are Euro scales.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Waldme1ster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldme1ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 6:08pm
Battle 1 is non-tacky. I'd say its supposed to be a tenergy clone. I like it a lot. 40° version is around 50 gr heavy cut and overall hardness maybe between 05 fx and 05 because of the dense pimple structure. Pretty dynamic like a tuned japanese rubber.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Those are Euro scales.

OK, good then. So 42 is about 33-34, 47 around 38-39 as I recall.

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by Waldme1ster Waldme1ster wrote:

Battle 1 is non-tacky. I'd say its supposed to be a tenergy clone. I like it a lot. 40° version is around 50 gr heavy cut and overall hardness maybe between 05 fx and 05 because of the dense pimple structure. Pretty dynamic like a tuned japanese rubber.

Yes, totally agree. It has the same kind of elastic responsiveness as something like 05-FX (or 5Q Sound, or maybe Acuda S2/3), but lacks the extreme topsheet grip of a tenergy so it feels easier to use. Great rubber, awesome performance for the money.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 7:15pm
They seem spot on 'shore c' to me.  But after using 47/42 for just a little while, 45/40 seem annoyingly soft/dwelly/slow. 

B1 42° makes me feel like I'm using T05 instead of the usual T05-FX but for a way cheaper price.  One point with B1 though, I've had 2/4 sheets of it be blotched up with the sticky from the plastic they put on the topsheet at the factory, impossible to completely remove but diminishes some over time.  I am going to try removing that plastic before I mount it next time.  I suppose it could have been the super cold weather causing the issue too.

Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 4:53am
how's the durability ?

the reviews looks good but so far no one mentioned how long they last
pretty interested in this , since it seems like they come pre-tuned.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldme1ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 6:39am
I suspect the tuning oil used in this rubber isn't that volatile since it isn't vaccum sealed like 729-08 es. Can't tell about the tuning durability yet, but I think the topsheet is a lot tougher than average according to the lack of ball marks after several sessions.
Tassie52 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 8:06am

I was under the impression - which others may or may not be able to verify - that KTL Black Power is the black equivalent of Red Diamond.  A check on ooak shop suggests that they are parallel creatures.
beeray1 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeray1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

I was under the impression - which others may or may not be able to verify - that KTL Black Power is the black equivalent of Red Diamond.  A check on ooak shop suggests that they are parallel creatures.

I was under that impression too. When I played them, the different performance was noticeable. However, I couldn't really determine if it's QC or just that they're that different. 
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 10:37am

I agree with Waldme1ster. I only played with it for a short time so I have no idea about durability. I do not think it is tuned like Big Dipper-I am not sure it is tuned at all?

Battle 2 is tempting me no doubt.
RyKnocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by beeray1 beeray1 wrote:

Originally posted by Tassie52 Tassie52 wrote:

I was under that impression too. When I played them, the different performance was noticeable. However, I couldn't really determine if it's QC or just that they're that different. 

I believe "normal" Red Diamond is the same as Black Power, but the "mechanical" version might be the better version of Red Diamond.  Maybe akin to H3 vs H3 Prov vs H3 Nat.
BTY Viscaria: FH Black Battle II / BH Red 802-40 2.0mm

Galaxy W-6: FH: FH/BH Yinhe Big Dipper 38*
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 3:18pm
Red Diamond and black power are different.

Black power is harder
AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 4:13pm
so I just got a couple of sheets of Battle II and I from Zeropong so will post my impressions. I don't play on playing with them, I bought them to put together a couple of rackets for some intermediate players at my club. Side note: my wife is Chinese and she said the literal translation is Gallop, or something that means keeps moving forward. I guess Battle sounds more formidable than Gallop. It's also funny to see 4 different categories on the front...1) Speed 11 2) Spin 12 3) Control 12, and wait for it...4) Forward 11. LOL. Maybe we should start adding a Forward rating to our rubber reviews...lol.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 6:35pm
Just put battle 1 red on fh of donic blade. 46 gr cut weight which was nice light surprise. 40 degree. It's not as lively as 2mm rhyzm 425 which is on the bh side, but maybe it needs a bit of break in time. I only hit against a return board with it. Will report back in a week or so.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Dr.Cho Dr.Cho wrote:

Red Diamond and black power are different.

Black power is harder

1. Black Power Mech is harder, less spinny, a bit faster, in general works somewhat worse for me than Red Diamond. BPM basically has to be properly boosted to be generally usable, RDM does not (although it is recommended)

2. BPM is not sold by Zeropong anymore

3. I have had two sheets of BPM develop bubbles - one of them after about an hour of play. Perhaps that's why KTL stopped selling them; they want to fix them first.

I really hope that they will simply start making BPM identical to RDM.

Or better yet, come up with a new name - like KTL <something> Diamond Mechanical, or something completely new, which will simply replace RDM/BPM and will be made in both Red and Black.

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Tyler45 Tyler45 wrote:

Just put battle 1 red on fh of donic blade. 46 gr cut weight which was nice light surprise.

That is not light at all... to me. Actually closer to the heavy end of the range.

I bought a sheet of Battle I (black) as well, and it should arrive in a day or two; so I will report on it soon.

Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 3:55pm
Should have qualified that ;) light compared to what I was expecting: 50g

Had a few games today. It didn't seem as fast as the rhyzm and certainly not as bouncy. I then switched round and think i preferred it on bh. Looking forward to playing more next week. I have it on an all+ flexible blade.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldme1ster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:46am
Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

so I just got a couple of sheets of Battle II and I from Zeropong so will post my impressions. I don't play on playing with them, I bought them to put together a couple of rackets for some intermediate players at my club. Side note: my wife is Chinese and she said the literal translation is Gallop, or something that means keeps moving forward. I guess Battle sounds more formidable than Gallop. It's also funny to see 4 different categories on the front...1) Speed 11 2) Spin 12 3) Control 12, and wait for it...4) Forward 11. LOL. Maybe we should start adding a Forward rating to our rubber reviews...lol.

I've been wondering for some time what this "forward" is supposed to mean. Anybody got a clue? Maybe how much of a forward motion you've got to execute for topspinning...
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 7:01am

Originally posted by AcudaDave AcudaDave wrote:

I've been wondering for some time what this "forward" is supposed to mean. Anybody got a clue? Maybe how much of a forward motion you've got to execute for topspinning...
Possibly the throw? That's all I can think of.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Tyler45 Tyler45 wrote:

Should have qualified that ;) light compared to what I was expecting: 50g

Had a few games today. It didn't seem as fast as the rhyzm and certainly not as bouncy. I then switched round and think i preferred it on bh. Looking forward to playing more next week. I have it on an all+ flexible blade.

Weighed it, it is indeed heavier than I would have wanted. About 63 g uncut, so it should be around 43-44 g cut - which is tolerable. However, my latest uncut sheet of RDM is 53 g (!), and the cut sheet is around 37 g.

AcudaDave View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcudaDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 3:25pm
Hit some with Battle 1 and is pretty good rubber. Speed and spin are better than average and throw angle is medium to high. Overall I'd give this rubber a B especially for the money as it's only $22.
Joola Zhou Qihao 90 blade
Joola Dynaryz Inferno max - BH
Nittaku Moristo SP 2.0 - FH
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 3:36pm
I ordered some B1 for stock....didn't see b2 or I would have gotten it too.

Maybe I can give some weight and general playing info by friday.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
RyKnocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 5:12pm
Cole, please let us know when you receive them. I was actually thinking about PMing you today about Battle stock. You'll have an order from me soon after :)
BTY Viscaria: FH Black Battle II / BH Red 802-40 2.0mm

Galaxy W-6: FH: FH/BH Yinhe Big Dipper 38*
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 10:23am
I ordered b2 to come prio.  I expect to have both by friday.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 10:32am
Hi Cole, what sponge hardness did you order for both?
Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic