Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

What is the most used stiffer blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Luca abbatiello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the most used stiffer blade?
    Posted: 03/25/2015 at 7:58pm
Hi,
What is the most played stiffer blade?
Es. Mazunov, Schlager Carbon, Primorac, etc.

Luca
Sponsored Links

NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 8:03pm
what do you consider stiff? i consider viscaria really stiff but a lot of others dont.

Click the picture for feedback ^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 8:13pm
Sorry, in this topic I consider only Off/off+ blades faster then viscaria, Mizutani, Acoustic, Boll alc, Spirit, etc. 
Luca
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 8:27pm
stiffness and speed are different. are you trying to find the stiffest blade or just the most used stiff blade

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 8:43pm
Most used stiffest blade. 
I actually use Viscaria. I search a blade more stiffer to Block easily. 
Luca
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/25/2015 at 8:46pm
blocking will become easier if you go for an all woody feeling blade like the accoustic that you mentioned. also mizutani feels good with blocks. I too hated blocking with viscaria.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 5:11am
But it's not easy to block with a blade with a lot of vibrations as Acoustic. Carbon blades are better. 
Luca
TSuBaSa View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TSuBaSa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 6:26am
Innerforce t5000, timo boll t5000, primorac carbon... These are better for blocking. very verry Stiff but not that crazy fast. (still faster than viscaria)   
Nittaku Tenaly Acoustic Inner Carbon
Joola Rhyzer Pro 50 & 45

dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 6:39am
Galaxy T11 is the stiffest.
Stiffness can be measured and few years ago someone somewhere posted frequency measurements and T11 was the stiffest.
But it is extremely light. Only good for blocks and counters at the table. No dwell, very difficult to loop.

Galaxy/Yinhe Y-4 is also very stiff.
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 9:44am
Originally posted by dajdosta dajdosta wrote:

Galaxy T11 is the stiffest.
Stiffness can be measured and few years ago someone somewhere posted frequency measurements and T11 was the stiffest.
But it is extremely light. Only good for blocks and counters at the table.  No dwell, very difficult to loop.

Galaxy/Yinhe Y-4 is also very stiff.

Not at all, I have no problems looping with it.  Depends on the rubber as well as technique.  Since I've only used unboosted H3 and Sanwei T88-I with it, I'd say Chinese control type rubbers are a good match for that blade. 

If you're posting an opinion about a blade, also post the rubbers used so people can get a better idea of what combos work/doesn't work well.
OSP Ultimate II, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max
ITC Challenge Speed, FH/ITC Powercell Ultra 48 Max BH/Powercell Ultra 48 Max
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Luca abbatiello Luca abbatiello wrote:

But it's not easy to block with a blade with a lot of vibrations as Acoustic. Carbon blades are better. 

i suppose this is true if your blocking by just getting your angle right and the poking the ball. but if you're going through it on your blocks then vibrations are a good thing, they give you direct feedback on what to do if you mess up.

JohnnyChop View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyChop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 9:54am
not the stiffest but the most used stiff blade is the Clipper!

i love my tb t5000 but there is quite a bit of vibration! 
729 Battle 2 Yasaka Goibao 5 Nittaku Fastarc G1   
Nittaku Fastarc G1 Butterfly Cypress Max

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 11:21am
Originally posted by NoRema NoRema wrote:

i suppose this is true if your blocking by just getting your angle right and the poking the ball. but if you're going through it on your blocks then vibrations are a good thing, they give you direct feedback on what to do if you mess up.
If I understand, Carbon blades helps on passive block. For Active and punch block is better more elastic blade?
Luca
dajdosta View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dajdosta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by GMan4911 GMan4911 wrote:

Not at all, I have no problems looping with it.  Depends on the rubber as well as technique.  Since I've only used unboosted H3 and Sanwei T88-I with it, I'd say Chinese control type rubbers are a good match for that blade. 

If you're posting an opinion about a blade, also post the rubbers used so people can get a better idea of what combos work/doesn't work well.

One could loopdrive with T11 but brush loops were almost impossible. Yes, it depends on the rubber and technique but almost every other blade is better for looping with the same rubber and same technique.

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 2:16pm
The stiffest blades I've used that are awesome for looping: MJ-SZLC & ZJK-SZLC.

Much stiffer than Viscaria or Clipper. Much more expensive as well, though.
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 5:26am
ZlC blades in general are quite stiff
Claudiu84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudiu84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 5:31am
Mazunov - most stiff, hard and fast all wood blade
BTY SK7 - stiff, soft and almost no vibration
Primorac Carbon -stiff, soft, very few vibration, fast
Schlager Carbon. stiffest and fastest on earth, imho.
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 6:16am
Xiom has some very stiff blades. 
1.Strato 
2.Axelo
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luca abbatiello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 8:00am
Rosewood/ebenholz vii?
Luca
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 8:17am

Rosewood/ebenholz vii?

Rosewood 7 :YES
Ebenholz 7   :NO, very flexy on blocks, energetic block is needed.
Blade: Stiga Infinity
FH: Dignics 80
BH: Dignics 05
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Claudiu84 Claudiu84 wrote:

please name what blade has more solid impact,some blades are stiff/fast but feels hollow
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

Agree the most used stiff blade must be the Clippers since it's so poplar in Asia. Maybe also the Viscaria. 
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/29/2015 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Leftyy Leftyy wrote:

Originally posted by JohnnyChop JohnnyChop wrote:

Agree the most used stiff blade must be the Clippers since it's so poplar in Asia. Maybe also the Viscaria. 

the problem is that getting clippers with enough quality is hard
Claudiu84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudiu84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 9:27am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by Claudiu84 Claudiu84 wrote:

please name what blade has more solid impact,some blades are stiff/fast but feels hollow

None of them doesn't have hollow feel. Hard as a rock, best feel for blocking!

A stiff, hard, fast, but hollow feel blade is TSP BALSA 8.5

Edited by Claudiu84 - 03/30/2015 at 9:30am
NoRema View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoRema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2015 at 10:30am
If you're looking for an extremely popular VERY stiff blade, I know FATT is selling (basically new, no dings or stains or anything) Sardius for just 175$ and it already has two big dipper rubbers. Sardius is know to be extremely stiff and one of the fastest blades out there. The big dippers aren't too fast so when you're looking for a stiff blade you will still be able to control it with these rubbers.

Here's his for sale thread if you're interested!

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=70800&title=fs-ft-tbltnnsstff-sardius-etc

Edited by NoRema - 03/30/2015 at 10:32am

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic