Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Globe 999 National

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Globe 999 National
    Posted: 03/26/2015 at 1:56am
Does any offensive player still play with this? Or is it just too slow nowadays even when tuned? 

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Sponsored Links

almanian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almanian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 2:14am
even with plastic ball?
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 4:18am
It depends on where you are coming from with your technique. If you learned on Jap/euro rubbers or are used to the Tenergy/ESN it will appear slow.
To me, it is high throw and very spinny. I have to really concentrate in order to cause the ball to land on the last third of the table. Otherwise, the high throw plus landing in middle third gives my opponents opportunities to counter attack.
It's a very durable, spinny, yet easily controlled attacking rubber and is available in several degrees of hardness (36-41deg?).

Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 5:20am
if tuned it's still one great attacking rubber, 38 degrees tuned for me
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 8:21pm
yes, 38 degrees tuned would be ideal on a yasaka extra 3d blade and this creates  massive kick from looping.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/26/2015 at 8:25pm
Yogi, do all forms of tuning work equally well on it? Falco for example?
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 2:05am
No, some work better than others...they all work a little different depending on the rubber... it's something you need ot experiment with, or ask others that have used the same tuner with the same rubber. Personally I find that the CHinese boosters work better on Chinese rubbers, the Falco work better on the Euro/Japanese rubbers, although there are certainly quite a few exceptions.

Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 2:27am
Thx Haggis - I have read some opinions of yours that at times boosters add speed but not spin (forgot for which rubber), it proved very interested because I feel the same at times. So which one do you like best on Globe 999? And what about H3 - do u think Falco is Ok with that? 

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/27/2015 at 11:43am
If you put the national globe on a blade like sanwei 1091 19 ply blade(i have 3 year old double commercial hurricanes on it) your arm will generate more than enough power.   I have to work a little more than my zxi nd omega/sigma but the difference in speed is not as noticable as i have been led to believe. I just have to be prepared for random net shots.
Boosting, tuning is only required for professional environments imo, and the legality of the matter is one touchy subject.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/28/2015 at 8:57am
clarence, paraffin oil needs to be applied like 4-5 layers but i think falco and seamon would be ok
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic