Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chinese National Training Center - Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chinese National Training Center - Pictures
    Posted: 03/31/2015 at 12:05pm
I'm trying to find pictures of the Chinese National Training Center in Beijing (ideally both outside and inside pictures), the one where the Chinese National Team trains regularly. I'm told they also train at times in other locations, such as this one in Hebei, which is also listed as the Chinese National Training Center, but I'm trying to find pictures of the one they train at most of the year. I can't seem to find it when I Google in English, so perhaps it would show up for someone using Chinese? (This is for my upcoming novella, "The Spirit of Pong," where many scenes take place at the Chinese Training Center, and I'd like to be able to accurately describe it. First draft is done, but I'll be doing rewrites for a while.) Any help would be appreciated!
-Larry Hodges

Edited by larrytt - 03/31/2015 at 12:57pm
Professional Table Tennis Coach & Writer
Member, USATT Hall of Fame
USATT National & ITTF Certified Coach
Former Chair, USATT Coaching Committee
www.TableTennisCoaching.com
www.MDTTC.com
Sponsored Links

Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 12:43pm
I think there are videos of the CNT training in various halls on youtube, you could probably take a still image from one of them if that's the kind of thing you're looking for.
mycuzinvinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 3:28pm
Larry, are you talking about the CNTTTC in Zengding, Shijiazhuang?  It is a couple of hours outside of Beijing.  I went there in 2010.  It is supposed to be the official training center they come to before world competitions, but I am not 100% confident on it.  I have a video on youtube and I have some pictures too.  PM me if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKsL3U4gLE4

-Vincent Green
Cary NC, USATT #9999

Edited by mycuzinvinny - 03/31/2015 at 3:34pm
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2015 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by mycuzinvinny mycuzinvinny wrote:

Larry, are you talking about the CNTTTC in Zengding, Shijiazhuang?  It is a couple of hours outside of Beijing.  I went there in 2010.  It is supposed to be the official training center they come to before world competitions, but I am not 100% confident on it.  I have a video on youtube and I have some pictures too.  PM me if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKsL3U4gLE4

-Vincent Green
Cary NC, USATT #9999
I think this is the same one I linked to pictures of in my posting above. While it's considered a "National Training Center," according to Cheng Yinghua and Jack Huang (MDTTC coaches and former members of Chinese National Team), it's not the full-time one, which is in Beijing, and is where the national team members (men, women, and I think juniors) all train regularly. I'm told they do periodically train in other locations, such as the one linked here. 
-Larry Hodges
www.MDTTC.com
fourcourts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourcourts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 12:53am
Originally posted by larrytt larrytt wrote:

First draft is done, but I'll be doing rewrites for a while.) Any help would be appreciated!
-Larry Hodges

That was fast! Let me know if you want a beta reader. I'm in the DC area.
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 1:16am
Originally posted by fourcourts fourcourts wrote:

First draft is done, but I'll be doing rewrites for a while.) Any help would be appreciated!
-Larry Hodges

I might do that, though I have a few others also lined up. First draft is around 24,000 words, and I expect the final version to be around 25,000. (That's about 100 pages double spaced.) 
-Larry Hodges
www.MDTTC.com
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 3:14am
Hey Larry,

Dan over at TTD was recently in China on a promotional tour for Stiga in preparation for an upcoming documentary film on TT. I am reasonably sure he was at their main training facility which has changed locations. There are some pics in his forum thread of the trip but he probably has more pictures of the facility. 

Link to forum thread.

Edited by V-Griper - 04/01/2015 at 3:15am
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
fourcourts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourcourts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 9:29am

Originally posted by fourcourts fourcourts wrote:

-Larry Hodges

I might do that, though I have a few others also lined up. First draft is around 24,000 words, and I expect the final version to be around 25,000. (That's about 100 pages double spaced.) 
-Larry Hodges

That should be no problem. I sent you a PM.
mycuzinvinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 9:39am
A major scifi/fantasy fan here too if you need a guppy reader!
larrytt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrytt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/01/2015 at 11:53pm
Heck with it. Since I don't have an outside picture of the actual Chinese National Training Center in Beijing (and the opening scene takes place there), I'm going to just invent a training center and say that it's the newly built one. It is a work of fiction, after all - fantasy, in fact, where several of the main characters are the spirits of past champions. I think this might actually be better as I can now exaggerate the luxuriousness of it - turn it into some ten-story palace with spires or something. 
-Larry Hodges
www.MDTTC.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic