Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Training videos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
3Ttabletennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Training videos
    Posted: 04/03/2015 at 1:16pm
Hi everybody,

we have launched a new project in club training: During youth training in our club we do some video shooting. Afterwards we upload the movies to youtube. 
The videos include excerpts from multiball practice or table tennis exercises.
The juniors have a lot of fun and are very concentrated. Additionally
they can compare self and external perception.
The videos do not include technically perfect execution of the exercises, but simply show different exercises of everyday training (amateur players). So don't expect pro players! Smile

Here are a few exemplary videos:

irregular Multiball:

serve training:

Tabletennis-Biathlon:

Agility ladder and multiball:

Multiball: attack vs. defense:

How do you think about our project?

All our videos you can find here:
www.youtube.com/channel/UCVnpFnciKxAPpNPbnQa_vwQ
I hope you will like it.

Best regards
Werner

Edited by 3Ttabletennis - 04/03/2015 at 3:04pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 4:35am
Hi everybody,

what do you think aubout our project? Do you have any feedback, suggestions or ideas for us?
Please tell us your opinion.

Here are somer more videos:

Aiming at the elbow:

Backhand topspin training:

Training the banana flick:

Irregular multiball, part2:

Footwork, running around the backhand:

You can also find us on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/3Ttabletennistraining
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 10:53am
How many tt points do they have?
Tt Gold View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tt Gold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 10:53am
Ttr points *

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 3:21pm
Hey tt gold,

at the moment the "juniors" have the following ttr points (German tabletennis rating value):

Number 1: 1555
Number 2: 1509
Number 3: 1362
Number 4: 1124

V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/05/2015 at 6:11pm
What is your philosophy on teaching what grips to use for FH and BH?

I mention this because when looking at the backhand banana flip vid I noticed that the grip used for the shot will make it difficult to get much spin or speed. His arm motion is correct but the neutral grip makes the shot more difficult to execute imho. 

DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/07/2015 at 3:27pm
Hey v-griper,
When the kids start playing tabletennis, we usually show them a neutral grip. Most of them also play later with neutral grip. But i think there should be no general rule. The grip should fit to the style of playing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/12/2015 at 4:01am
Yesterday we tried to practice the cross step during multi ball training:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 11:50am
We practiced the cross step again. This time the cross step was used after running around the backhand. There is also a nice around-the-net shot at the end of the video Smile

V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 1:33pm
I was actually going to comment on the previous one to the effect that the wall thing was unnecessary. But you fixed it anyway. 

The only critique I have is that the cross step foot placement is not being executed correctly, or at least not the same as high level players.

Ball contact should be made after pushing off from the right leg and before the left foot touches the floor. In your sequence the left foot touches the floor first which inhibits the power transmission into the ball by the right leg. 

What I think the sequence should be after the last forehand.

-step out with the right foot/leg first 
-compress the right side to load for the shot
-push off from the right leg lunging towards the ball
-make contact with the ball at the end of the lung/push from the right leg. Usually both feet are off the ground at this point.
-left leg crosses in front of the right leg and contacts the ground
-right leg extends out to the side and contacts the ground 

So right leg out, lean forward and push off, ball contact, left foot, right foot. Basically the payer jumps toward the ball pushing off with the right leg.

Examples-

Edited by V-Griper - 04/15/2015 at 1:35pm
DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 3:29pm
@VGRIPPER. 
Actually the FW in 3Ttabletennis video is the right Storke/Footwork for beginer. And it will also used to cover

wide angle from far left to far right table at elite level. After you learn to walk and transfer your 

weight toward in looping at far FH corner, you could compact the the stoke and jump while looping. We gotta 

learn to walk before we jump.  

In the Chinese video, he is at veteran level.  The ball is not far off, also he want to initiated attack fast. 

The key are the same. Hip/body rotation, initial transfer weight, position body semi-front or front toward far

corner. Put weight/balnace to front of body, walk toward (or walk crossing legs if body is semi-front toward the

balls), not side-step like usual. Swing your weight/hip and right leg as you looping. At the end of looping, body

return to neutral position. 

Edited by aroonkl - 04/15/2015 at 3:55pm
Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 6:55pm
This looks very good, keep it up! 
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/15/2015 at 8:44pm
More examples-

The crossover footwork section starts at 4:00

DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/17/2015 at 3:43am
Hey V-griper,
thank you very much for your comments and for the videos showing the footwork of proplayers.
You are right. The cross step of our juniors differs from the cross step in your videos. The cross step in your videos has more dynamic.
So i will show the videos to the juniors. Maybe they can improve their cross step and we can record a new video in a few weeks. Smile
So thanks for the comments. We want to learn and improve! Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 12:07pm
Some multiballtraining for moving forwards and backwards:

Around-tne-net shot in separate video:Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/29/2015 at 1:11pm
Here is a second video for moving forwards and backwards. This time with forehand flick instead of short push.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/10/2015 at 11:41am
This week we practiced long topspins: the ball should bounce close to the baseline.

Edited by 3Ttabletennis - 05/10/2015 at 11:41am
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2015 at 8:08am
In the Topspin vs underspin 25secs - 55secs the player is executing the technique wrongly because his finishing position is beyond the centre point ( where your nose is if you are facing forwards) - this makes recovery a lot harder and also loses control. The extra side movement also loses power as the power is misdirected. Typically when we train multiball and this trait is visible a 3rd person is brought in to stand next to the player executing the stoke - he stands with his had flat out at the centre point so that the player doing the topspin cannot go further than that.

How do you normally correct this?
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
V-Griper View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote V-Griper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/11/2015 at 10:37am
I think the best criticism I have is that the NPA(non playing arm) of each player in the video is not well managed. 

If you observe the highest level players you will see that the NPA is coordinated in such a way as to assist with the upper torso rotation in many ways, both on the FH and the BH. 

Rather than go into a long explanation I will link to a good article on the subject that goes into great detail. I came to all the same conclusions independently. The author has expressed all the of the fundamental concepts well imo. 

DHS 301
Xiom Vega 7pro FH/BH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 3:01am
@Clarence247: You are right. The stroke is to long and doesn't end in front of the head. We usually use differents methods for the correction.
- For some kids it's enough to tell them that they should stop the stroke in front of the head.
- The kids should tell me after every stroke, where the stroke ended. This approach can cause additional awareness for their movements
- A third person risks some broken bones and stops the stroke with his hand :)
- The kids can wear a baseball cap und should stop the stroke at the cap

@V-griper: Thank you for the article about the NPA. This article is very interesting and helpful. I havn't paid to much attention to the NPA so far. Now I think we have do some work regarding the NPA. Thanks a lot, V-griper!

Edited by 3Ttabletennis - 05/25/2015 at 9:55am
diedona View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diedona Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/13/2015 at 8:11pm
hey, thats a nice idea!! i liked the videos and the initiative. i can't say much about the videos other than i am liking the strokes!

Keep on with the project! =)
Xiom Aria - ST
Xiom Vega Europe 2mm (bh & fh)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/14/2015 at 10:08am
Thank you, diedona!

This time we had some training against long pimples:

You can find our channel on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVnpFnciKxAPpNPbnQa_vwQ

You can find us on facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/3Ttabletennistraining

You can find us on google+:
http://plus.google.com/100498186365713467319/posts?hl=de

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 11:53am
This week we filmed a basic drill for multiball. In Germany it's called "Falkenberg":
Backhand from backhand side, forehand from backhand side, forehand from forehand side

PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 3:12pm
I noticed this thread quite a while ago, but didn't have time to read it and watch the videos before. I just did that and I wanted to say that this is an excellent idea, I understand the interest both for all those young players. I'm sure it's really motivating for them ! Plus you seem to provide them quality training, so this is obviously very interesting for their progress. Keep on the good work, I subscribed to this topic and your YT channel, looking forward to seeing more of this.

BTW, are your coaches professionnals (I mean, is coaching/training their main job), or just amateur players from your club ? I'm asking because this must take quite a while for you/them to prepare the sessions, and afterwards edit and process the videos (I do some TT videos from time to time, and it generally takes me lots of time).

Edited by PierreAd - 05/24/2015 at 3:13pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 10:22am
Hey PierreAd,
Thank you very much for your kind words!
I'm no professional coach. Tabletennis is only a hobby for me, but i invest quite a lot time for this great hobby WinkThumbs Up
The video project causes some additional effort after the training sessions. The training would take place anyway. The processing of the videos and the upload can take some hours.
First i wanted to make only a few videos for pomotion for our junior team and that the juniors can show their friends the videos (Too many people think that tabletennis is no sport Cry).
But after uploading a few videos I noticed that our juniors like the videos. They wanted to go on with the video project. At the moment we have 32 videos. 
Additionally they can see their own strokes and mistakes. So it helps them to improve their own stroke technique. I also think it will be interesting to see and compare the development of our junior players in a few years.
There are still many ideas in my head. So we will go on with the video project. Smile
PierreAd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PierreAd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 9:44am
Argh my answer was deleted accidentally. I was just saying that you must invest quite a lot of time in table tennis indeed, that's great for the players you're training, I hope they realize they're really lucky. Looking forward to seeing the next videos and training, it's already given me some ideas I'd be glad to test with other players in my own club ;)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 11:02am
Another attempt for multiball practice: After every stroke the player dropes his racket on the table. So the player is forced to use a short and fast movement for the next forehand topspin:

lineup32 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 12:56pm
thats interesting idea! normally I try and come to a ready position between strokes but this looks like a good alternative to mix into my robot training.  Also going from FH to BH between strokes with this training could be helpful.  anyway thanks for the video

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 3:03pm
Here is a second video for fast and short movements. The player gets 2 balls with high frequency from multiball. So there is no chance for long movements and the player is again forced to use a short and fast forehand topspin stroke.

Here is another video for irregular multiball training:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3Ttabletennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 1:13pm
This week we practiced slow and spinny topspins:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic