Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tibhar Evolution MX-S

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2018 at 1:23am
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

MX-S is not dead in the way chinese rubbers are, it is still a tensor rubber and has a kick to it. It just takes much more impact force to get the same kick out of it as say MX-P, but if you smack it on a flat hit then it reaches a similar top end speed. The main differences with MX-P are in the short game where MX-S allows you to use much more wrist on pushes without sending the ball long (so you get much heavier spin), and when looping you need to force the ball more with good use of the legs/body (or if you are built like NextLevel just your arms might be enough with good arm speed) to get the speed, the spin is there regardless as it grips the plastic ball like crazy. MX-P on the other hand allows you to just brush using the topsheet even with a flailing arm when you are late to the ball and you get speed and a fair amount of spin. The key to using MX-S successfully is to make sure you are planted when you play the shot, then you get a result that in my view is squarely in the middle of what you get with MX-P and H3N in terms of spin and speed. It's the most linear rubber I have used with this much spin and speed and it has almost unlimited gears. If MX-P is too fast for you and H3N too slow and too demanding, but you like rubbers in that hardness range and you favour spin, placement and tactical play over raw power and forgiveness when late to the ball (MX-P and T05 are incredible at producing quality shots when late to the ball due to the kick from the sponge and consistent grip and throw from the topsheet) then MX-S is worth a try. This is all really nothing that hasn't been said before in this thread. 

Yep... Late... Pretty much describes my footwork.... You also use the word Planted ...My feet are always well-planted, and stay that way..... Too well-planted, for my own good. My upper-body and arm reflexes, on the other-hand, are almost cat-like. 

I'd prefer an all-around rubber, that requires less effort (I have shoulder and elbow problems) to produce moderate speed/power, high'ish spin, and decent passive blocks

Edited by Veet - 03/17/2018 at 1:26am
Sponsored Links

MydasDiablo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MydasDiablo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2018 at 3:48am
Rubbers that come to mind are Victas V-01 (45 degree), Tibhar Aurus Soft (42.5 degree but with stiff topsheet so feels like 45), Tibhar Aurus Select (45 degree) and Gewo Hype KR Pro (47.5 degree but plays softer). Others may have other suggestions. 

There is a review of the Aurus lineup here: https://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-aurus-belagtest/

Vega Into would be another option which does not have a tensor sponge so would offer the most control and reasonable spin. Stiga Genesis S has moderate catapult compared to the rubbers above but the potential to add more spin.

Edited by MydasDiablo - 03/17/2018 at 3:58am
Veet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/17/2018 at 4:29am
Originally posted by MydasDiablo MydasDiablo wrote:

Rubbers that come to mind are Victas V-01 (45 degree), Tibhar Aurus Soft (42.5 degree but with stiff topsheet so feels like 45), Tibhar Aurus Select (45 degree) and Gewo Hype KR Pro (47.5 degree but plays softer). Others may have other suggestions. 

There is a review of the Aurus lineup here: https://www.tt-spin.de/tibhar-aurus-belagtest/

Vega Into would be another option which does not have a tensor sponge so would offer the most control and reasonable spin. Stiga Genesis S has moderate catapult compared to the rubbers above but the potential to add more spin.

Thanks for the suggestions ..

The Victas VS>401, is typically recommended by almost everyone...The main reason I've not considered it is the pricing, which I find rather steep... Another reason is the weight.. Given my shoulder and elbow issues, It's been suggested that I use something light-medium. Plus, I hear, that the Defplay Senso, has a tendency to turn head-heavy.

The Aurus Select is something I've tried (another club member's), and apart from it being kind of fast, I really liked the rubber.. However, it's priced around the same as Victas. So, out.

Are you sure the Vega Intro is not a tensor ? This seems like a good option (perhaps, even in max)... fits the budget too.

The Genesis too seems like it may work.. but it's a tad over my budget..

Joo Se Kev View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joo Se Kev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2019 at 6:35am
Super late to the party on this one, but thought I'd post my quick first impressions of this rubber:

Coming from the Victas VS>401 2.0mm, I felt a significant boost in speed with the 2.1mm MX-S on the TSP Trinity Carbon blade. I used the VS>401 on the Victas Matsushita blade for the past few years with great success, but once I switched to the Trinity Carbon, it didn't have quite enough punch.

I'd say the general consensus on this rubber is correct: Good dwell and control, fairly spin insensitive, GREAT potential for spin, and plenty of power. This isn't an autopilot rubber, however. You need to actively stroke the ball and keep your swing speed up to get the most out of this rubber.

I've only had about 5 hours of play on it, so I'll come back and update my thoughts if things change!
Grab my game-changing new book and to your game to the next level!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic