Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Probably the best 40+ ball ? Nittaku Premium (MIJ)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Probably the best 40+ ball ? Nittaku Premium (MIJ)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
rxng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rxng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Probably the best 40+ ball ? Nittaku Premium (MIJ)
    Posted: 04/18/2015 at 1:03pm

Nittaku always produce the best quality balls, the rightest one is the best 40mm celluloid ball I have played. ↓↓↓

The package

Edited by rxng - 04/18/2015 at 1:04pm
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 1:34pm
The most expensive and elusive(out of stock everywhere) 40+ balls, for sure.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 2:23pm
The SHA Nittaku might be good for beer pong use but that's about all it would be good for. It's a worthless piece of plastic otherwise.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 7:09pm
I'll be glad to know some details or comparison between DHS 3*** 40+ and NITTAKU PREMIUM 40+ balls.
Comparison could be in these details:
-difference in spin during serving / cutting / loops
-speed in drives/loops
- hardness
- bounce
- durability

Thank you!

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 9:01pm
They spin the same, less than celluloid.  The NP40+ is lighter and travels a little faster than DHS, more like celluloid, indeed this ball is more like celluloid than any other plastic ball.  NP40+ bounces higher.  It lasts a bit longer than DHS, but neither of these 40+ balls are very durable and the NP40+ exterior surface mars and discolors very quickly.  The NP40+ is much rounder and stays rounder as you play with it.  The NP40+ has a seam but it is very difficult to see it, it is quite small.  The NP40+ plays quite well even with a small crack in it, surprisingly enough.  The DHS ball is not round, is fragile, bounces low and often in surprising ways, and it does not stay round after you play with it for long.  The NP40+ is superior in every way, except one:  Nobody has it in stock so you can't buy it. 
roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/18/2015 at 9:30pm
Not even Iruiru.com in Japan could get any of this ball for the past four months.  As far as I know, we can't even be sure if Nittaku are making them anymore.  Just pick anything else and move on...

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 2:40am
Agree that SHA is crap. Someone at the club bought a sleeve and broke 2 balls within an hour.

I am trying to spread the word to buy the xsf, as some people are buying sha because of the nittaku name.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 10:43am
The best balls everywhere are the seamless + the nittaku premium 40+. Visit the ittfl 40+ and check the seamless ones whatever is the name , stag , xuafua .... They are all outstanding. The seams one are totally crap if you think that table tennis is about bounce they are way low bounce than any celluloid or seamless ones. I swear don't try any seam just seamless I already did!!!!!!!

http://www.ittf.com/_front_page/ittf1.asp?category=balls
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

They spin the same, less than celluloid.  The NP40+ is lighter and travels a little faster than DHS, more like celluloid, indeed this ball is more like celluloid than any other plastic ball.  NP40+ bounces higher.  It lasts a bit longer than DHS, but neither of these 40+ balls are very durable and the NP40+ exterior surface mars and discolors very quickly.  The NP40+ is much rounder and stays rounder as you play with it.  The NP40+ has a seam but it is very difficult to see it, it is quite small.  The NP40+ plays quite well even with a small crack in it, surprisingly enough.  The DHS ball is not round, is fragile, bounces low and often in surprising ways, and it does not stay round after you play with it for long.  The NP40+ is superior in every way, except one:  Nobody has it in stock so you can't buy it. 

Ooo thanks a lot, Baal!
The reason for my question here is because DHS 3*** 40+ are among the most cheaper and probably playable, easy to find and buy balls from the new plastic balls here in my area. While NP40+ I can't find.
Nobody offers these balls here.
And mainly I need info because in the next big championship for deaf and hard of hearing (in September, Austria) these NP40+ are posted as official balls for the tournament (?!?!?). But how to have these balls for training as they are so expensive 1st and 2nd - nobody can find them ???
P.S>Sorry for my off topic...

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 11:53am
Train with seamless for a tournament with NP40+.  It won't be exactly the same.  But closest you can get.  DHS is quite different.
rxng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rxng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 12:20pm
Thanks for Baal's information, I feel the Nittaku 40+ SHA ( MIC ) is just like the DHS 40+, their sounds similar too. Nittaku 40+ Premium ( MIJ ) is totally different with great feel and quality control.
taninu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taninu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 12:56pm
I played this premium 40+ already and in the process of getting a dozen. Love the feel, like no other balls I have ever played.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 1:00pm

My experience training for and using the NP40+ in the 2014 USATT Nationals was that it is about as durable as a standard celluloid ball.  I agree that this ball mars and gets dingy fairly quickly.  This ball bounces almost identically to celluloid balls in near ITTF standard drop tests. 

My subjective evaluation is that this ball feels less "dynamic".  Playing with hardbat I get the sense that I have to work a lot harder to get really fast ball speed.  I don't get that sense from either the seamlex (XSF etc.) or from the fragile DHS balls.  They seem hard somehow and not resilient.  Keep in mind that these are my subjective impressions with hardbat and that playing with sponge may seem different.

I prefer playing with the XSF, but used an NP40+ last Wednesday in a couple matches and didn't find the difference to be as significant as I remembered.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 1:41pm
Another information I received from a good player right now is that - in the last EU Championship in Lisbon they played with these balls and they had 2-3 broken per match...
Explanation for the quality: These balls (NP40+) are faster, harder and ...expensive to play with...
According to the rest of the poly balls.
That's in general.
Someone said XushaoFa's plastic balls are nearer to NP40+ balls.
Is this true?
I had XSF poly balls with red stamp in the last summer and I wasn't happy with their quality so much...
Yeah, it is pretty much visible I can't have trainings with so expensive balls, so I will need the nearest as playing skills and cheap replacement...

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 1:55pm
I hit with the XSF sports version about a month ago.... It wobbled like hell and was slow like hell. It was either from a very early batch or else I have no idea. Many forum members say a lot of good about it, based on that one ball I cannot share their enthusiasm.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

based on that one ball I cannot share their enthusiasm.

Says pretty much everything.

I managed to break two seamless balls yesterday.  They hit edges.  If that is all I had to go on, I would say they have durability problems, but I have about 11 months of experience with seamless balls, so I know they are the most durable balls you can buy now, overall.  I have had a small fraction that wobbled too, that was true even with Nittaku Premium celluloid balls.  They are generally quite round.

I don't mean to be impolite or harsh, but you can't make any statement about quality from a sample of one.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Another information I received from a good player right now is that - in the last EU Championship in Lisbon they played with these balls and they had 2-3 broken per match...
Explanation for the quality: These balls (NP40+) are faster, harder and ...expensive to play with...
According to the rest of the poly balls.
That's in general.
Someone said XushaoFa's plastic balls are nearer to NP40+ balls.
Is this true?
I had XSF poly balls with red stamp in the last summer and I wasn't happy with their quality so much...
Yeah, it is pretty much visible I can't have trainings with so expensive balls, so I will need the nearest as playing skills and cheap replacement...

I've heard different reports on the NP40+ ball durability.  But I saw tons of matches and the balls clearly had good durability during the USATT Nationals.  Now, we can't seem to even buy the balls and I've heard rumors that there is some kind of manufacturing/quality control problem at the root.  Just speculating here, but maybe the reports of poor durability are indication of the manufacturing/quality control problem that Nittaku is currently trying to resolve and that they were outputting some batches that were reliable and some that were not.  

Another possibility is that some people are misreporting their experiences with Nittaku SHA balls as Nittaku Premium.  Breaking two SHA balls in a match is very consistent with what we've come to expect from them.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 3:35pm

I managed to break two seamless balls yesterday.  They hit edges.  If that is all I had to go on, I would say they have durability problems, but I have about 11 months of experience with seamless balls, so I know they are the most durable balls you can buy now, overall.  I have had a small fraction that wobbled too, that was true even with Nittaku Premium celluloid balls.  They are generally quite round.

I don't mean to be impolite or harsh, but you can't make any statement about quality from a sample of one.

Yes.  I've had on XSF ball break in less than half an hour due to being hit with the blade edge.  But other balls have lasted into and beyond the double-digits in hours. 

Also, a friend at our club is reporting that the Yinhe seamless balls he has are not very round - though he otherwise likes the way that they play.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 3:35pm
Jay is right that the NP40+ durability is better than DHS 40+.  I still think they break more than seamless though.  But it doesn't matter much if you can't get them.  I don't think anyone knows with certainty why they can't supply more.  It's a pity, I like how they play.

With respect to seamless, most of my experience is with XSF and that is very extensive now.  Dozens and dozens.  I am satisfied with the percentage of very round useable balls.  The Nexy ones I had were the same.  I have only had one box of 6 Yinhe.  They were fine.  But a small sample.

If there is one thing about seamless that I don't like, it is that when they are new, they seem to get more dust on your rubber than any other type of ball I have seen in 40+ years.

But if we move into the plastic era, it seems obvious to me that seamless should be the standard moving forward.  When you consider price, availability, play, and durability, they win by a mile.
j-bo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j-bo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 4:03pm
Yinhe does us fine. We have a few balls that are going on 2 months, 2 days a week play, playing the same as new.

Hit the Nittaku 40+Premiums...they play very similar but "feel" a tad heavier than the Yinhe. Throw in the huge price difference, and we will stick with the Yinhe/XSF balls for now.

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 4:37pm

No worries, I understand your point.

I did not want to hide that it was only one ball but the thing that stands out is that the bloke whose ball it was said that he has similar experiences with all of the ones he bought. This is why I wrote they might have been from an early batch. It is also possible that he got scammed.

If the new ones are almost just as good as NP40+, all the better.

roundrobin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roundrobin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 4:57pm

I hit with the XSF sports version about a month ago.... It wobbled like hell and was slow like hell. It was either from a very early batch or else I have no idea. Many forum members say a lot of good about it, based on that one ball I cannot share their enthusiasm.

You have to test it for roundness.  My latest batches of XSF Sport balls contain many non-round balls (well over 20% of total).  If you eliminate the wobbly ones then the XSF balls are really excellent.  It is quite disappointing to me that XSF decided to add many wobbly balls to their latest shipments to pad their profits.  These wobbly balls should have never been included in their 3-star boxes.  Shame on them.

Current USATT Rating: 2181
Argentina National Team Member, 1985-1986.
Current Club: Los Angeles Table Tennis Association.
My Setup: Yinhe Q1 / T64 2.1 black / Saviga V 0.5mm red

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 5:37pm

I did not want to hide that it was only one ball but the thing that stands out is that the bloke whose ball it was said that he has similar experiences with all of the ones he bought.

It's to your credit you made this clear.  I think RR may be on to something too, which is they may be lowering their QC standards now that they have found a market.  And that sucks. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/19/2015 at 6:14pm
Where is sssandy when you need him for an explanation?

Edited by zeio - 04/19/2015 at 6:15pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
magnuseffect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnuseffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 4:33am
About a week ago I received some Nittaku NP 40+ balls ordered from TT-Japan in December. The date code is XCAEI which means 0315 (march 2015, don't know what the extra 'I' is). So I guess this means they are at least beeing produced.
Nittaku Premium 40+ March 2015

Only used them for one session so far but preliminary impression is that the balls were perfectly round. Bounced evenly and a bit less than XFS (which I like as a defender). The color is a bit yellowish and at first glance the ball for some reason looks small.

There has been no breakage yet, but its too early to tell as we were playing with about 10 balls (3 nittaku and the rest XFS) at the same time.
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 5:47am
Originally posted by magnuseffect magnuseffect wrote:

About a week ago I received some Nittaku NP 40+ balls ordered from TT-Japan in December. The date code is XCAEI which means 0315 (march 2015, don't know what the extra 'I' is). So I guess this means they are at least beeing produced.
Nittaku Premium 40+ March 2015

Only used them for one session so far but preliminary impression is that the balls were perfectly round. Bounced evenly and a bit less than XFS (which I like as a defender). The color is a bit yellowish and at first glance the ball for some reason looks small.

There has been no breakage yet, but its too early to tell as we were playing with about 10 balls (3 nittaku and the rest XFS) at the same time.

Hello, thanks for sharing, but...
Excuse me?
You received balls ordered in December ...just now, half year later ?

Edited by kolevtt - 04/20/2015 at 5:48am
magnuseffect View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnuseffect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

Hello, thanks for sharing, but...
Excuse me?
You received balls ordered in December ...just now, half year later ?
[URL=http://replygif.net/i/1355.gif" rel="nofollow][/URL]

Yepp, I was notified in December that they were waiting for new stock to arrive. Perhaps production is ramping up..
powerhouse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powerhouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/20/2015 at 12:19pm
Blade: Butterfly Viscaria

FH: Dignics 09c

BH: Dignics 05
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 12:27pm
I got an e-mail from TT-Japan, Nittaku 40+ Premium are back in stock.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/26/2015 at 12:32pm
NP40+ are indeed quite consistent. But I don't like how they play. The best balls right now are seemless ones like XSF, Yinhe and Kingnik - however if you need 3 you will have to buy 6, and then throw away half, weeding away the oval ones.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic