FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

How to make handle thinner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to make handle thinner
    Posted: 04/25/2015 at 9:44pm
I have small hands and love the 100 * 22 size handle of Nittaku acoustic but have blades like Samsonov pro force black edition and Joola rossi emotion which have thicker handles.
Rather than sending them out to be replaced is there a way I can make them thinner all by myself without using any wood working tools?

My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
Sponsored Links

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 10:06pm
Sandpaper or xioms shaver that xiom includes with most of their top of the line blades.

I misplaced mine when i moved :/
Not like i shave my blades. Just to smoothen the wings. Im sure it will work on the handles.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
viva View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote viva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Sandpaper or xioms shaver that xiom includes with most of their top of the line blades.

I misplaced mine when i moved :/
Not like i shave my blades. Just to smoothen the wings. Im sure it will work on the handles.

Hmmm any specific grade of sandpaper grit ?
My trade feedback here:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=40170&title=viva-buy-sell-feedback
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/25/2015 at 11:17pm
truth be told. I would assume the lower grit would require more friction and time to sand off the same area , compared to that of the higher grit.
However lower grit would give you more control on the areas you are planning to sand off.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
sonykurniawan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sonykurniawan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 1:32am
Use 300 grit to shave the handle and 1000 grit to smoothen
I have just reduced my prashida handle that way

Edited by sonykurniawan - 04/26/2015 at 1:33am
Rich215 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 2:36pm
Start with a 220 or 280 grit.  Then finish with a 360 to 400 for final finish.  

Pending on how much you want to take off.....go slow and evenly is the best advise in this situation.  You can always take off more...but you cant put it back on........easily anyway. 

Leftyy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leftyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/26/2015 at 4:05pm
Sandpaper should work. Be careful so you don't make it to thin, I'm afraid it can be a bit head heavy then.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic