Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Using ALL Class?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
koshkin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 7:42pm
I am sure you can sell it for quite a bit.

I like the feel of these old blades, but as I kept trying different blades I realized how much difference the grip makes for me.  With some adjustment period, I can play with almost any blade.  The speed and weight do not seem to matter too much too me within reasonable limits.  I am a looper so I tend to prefer somewhat head-heavy blades that are a bit on the heavy side, but I have been able to adjust to quite a few different designs with no issue.  However, that Bengtsson handle (early straight/square handle that is a bit short) makes all the difference in the world to me.

It fits my hand and provides incredible amount of feedback.  The same blade with a different handle does not feel nearly as good and I gave it a shot for a almost three months once trying to get used to it.

I am sure it is something about the way my hand is shaped, but it makes a huge difference to me.

ILya
BTY Mazunov ST
Dignics 05
Sponsored Links

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 9:24pm

Thanks for all the great feedback. T05 is great on medium speed blades. I cannot tell any difference in speed close/mid from my TBS, Viscaria or Power Carbon. The ball feel is vastly improved.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 10:39pm
I am currently using Avalox BT550 (ALL+).   It is slow in low gear and quite fast in high gear (due to catapult effect).   I am using Rapid Xpress and Sriver (both regular un-boosted rubbers).  I don't hear any negative comments from my friends who use OFF+ composite blades + tensor rubbers.  Spin and power produced are still plenty.

And I used to have 72 blades including the highly regarded TBS and MMaze, etc.  Rutis, Samsonov PW and composite, etc.   And I think I like ALL+ / OFF- blades better.

So, don't be ashamed using ALL+ blade.  We don't have to follow anybody.  Use what you feel best for you.

Luckily my EJ fever is forever cured.

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2015 at 11:14pm

With more dwell the spin is insane. I don't normally slow loop but when I do my opponent better have the exact racket angle or he loses. Yes nothing wrong using classic rubbers if it helps your game.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 5:40am
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I am sure you can sell it for quite a bit.

I like the feel of these old blades, but as I kept trying different blades I realized how much difference the grip makes for me.  With some adjustment period, I can play with almost any blade.  The speed and weight do not seem to matter too much too me within reasonable limits.  I am a looper so I tend to prefer somewhat head-heavy blades that are a bit on the heavy side, but I have been able to adjust to quite a few different designs with no issue.  However, that Bengtsson handle (early straight/square handle that is a bit short) makes all the difference in the world to me.

It fits my hand and provides incredible amount of feedback.  The same blade with a different handle does not feel nearly as good and I gave it a shot for a almost three months once trying to get used to it.

I am sure it is something about the way my hand is shaped, but it makes a huge difference to me.

ILya

thank you sir. I have the same feel about Bengtsson handle.
Do you have a dimension of Bengtsson handle?
HowToPlayChineseLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowToPlayChineseLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 5:44am
the CNT team use always 7-ply blades.
It's OFF to OFF+. Do you know someone in CNT or Provincial Team use ALL+?
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 7:08am
Last year I was eager to buy Victas Dynawood, declared as ALL+ blade. However, when launched it became probably the most expensive ALL+ blade on the market immediately. No wonder no one's been mentioning it still.

I have Stiga Allround NCT, medium soft, medium flex but hollow feel (for me, at least).
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 11:16am
Originally posted by HowToPlayChineseLoop HowToPlayChineseLoop wrote:

No, I don't think so.

But, are you or are we as good as those CNT players, so that we should use the same blade as they do?
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 11:49am
Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

No, I don't think so.

But, are you or are we as good as those CNT players, so that we should use the same blade as they do?

if we not as good as CNT players it doesn't mean we can't use there blades
jrscatman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jrscatman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 11:52am
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

Originally posted by doraemon doraemon wrote:

No, I don't think so.

if we not as good as CNT players it doesn't mean we can't use there blades
Yes, very true we can play badly using expensive, exclusive blades or crappy blades. I guess in the first case we can lose with style.
Butterfly MPS
FH: Donic Acuda S1
BH: Palio CK531A OX
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 12:38pm
I'm curious, of the All blades mentioned in this thread, do any of them not have a hollow feeling? My elbow is sensitive to certain frequencies produced by ball contact with a hollow feeling blade.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by MindTrip MindTrip wrote:

I'm curious, of the All blades mentioned in this thread, do any of them not have a hollow feeling? My elbow is sensitive to certain frequencies produced by ball contact with a hollow feeling blade.

I personally use hard thick rubbers to control that, but others may have a different view.  I like to feel the ball somewhat as a tool for adjusting my stroke, so the feedback for me is usually positive.

Usually, these blades don't have the hollow handle problem common in many blades.  What blades have you tried?

Edited by NextLevel - 05/23/2015 at 12:45pm
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 12:47pm
I love my YE blade Heart
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 1:03pm
I tried a Stiga Allround classic carbon. Although I could play fine with it after a little while, it lacked too much put away power. Allround  blades are definitely not for lazy players with more passive strokes.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I personally use hard thick rubbers to control that, but others may have a different view.  I like to feel the ball somewhat as a tool for adjusting my stroke, so the feedback for me is usually positive.

Usually, these blades don't have the hollow handle problem common in many blades.  What blades have you tried?

I typically use thicker offensive rubbers also, so we may like something similar as far as blades go.

Over the past 6 years I've used Yinhe V13, DHS PG7, Xiom Zetro Quad and Korbel (Japan). As far as Allround blades, I've given the Tboll All+ and an Andro Kinetic All rated blade a try. Both seemed to have a popsicle stick feeling, though the Andro was more bearable. I've used my wife's Stiga OC and love its playing characteristics, but when I remove my rubber from it to glue her's back on, the top ply splinters so badly. I can see the second ply right where the sweet spot used to be. 

I need something that loops as well as the Korbel, but will slow down the pace on my loop drive to keep it from going long. I've tried not swinging as hard on the drive, but the ball will dive into the net nearly every time. 

Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

I tried a Stiga Allround classic carbon. Although I could play fine with it after a little while, it lacked too much put away power. Allround  blades are definitely not for lazy players with more passive strokes.

" It lacked to much put away Power"? Interesting observation. I have zero issues with "put away power" with this class. I have always had excellent stroke speed regardless of blade class except strickly DEF class blades, as those are a bit slow.

Rubber selection can make a huge difference on ALL class blades.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 1:51pm

I typically use thicker offensive rubbers also, so we may like something similar as far as blades go.

Over the past 6 years I've used Yinhe V13, DHS PG7, Xiom Zetro Quad and Korbel (Japan). As far as Allround blades, I've given the Tboll All+ and an Andro Kinetic All rated blade a try. Both seemed to have a popsicle stick feeling, though the Andro was more bearable. I've used my wife's Stiga OC and love its playing characteristics, but when I remove my rubber from it to glue her's back on, the top ply splinters so badly. I can see the second ply right where the sweet spot used to be. 

I need something that loops as well as the Korbel, but will slow down the pace on my loop drive to keep it from going long. I've tried not swinging as hard on the drive, but the ball will dive into the net nearly every time. 

I think the key would be getting a heavy ALL blade, something as heavy as possible, especially the ones without hollow handles.  Have you tried a Yasaka Extra?  Or a regular Appelgren Allplay (not the horrible senso ones)?

Edited by NextLevel - 05/23/2015 at 1:52pm
Cybershape Carbon
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 6:10pm

You may be disappointed in your results going to a slower blade.  This will allow the incoming spin to take more and force you to come forward through the ball even more.

Using a faster blade will minimize dwell and help you ping through those balls at the top of the bounce.

If you're letting the ball drop and spinning it back up, you'll probably like the slower blade more. I guess I'm not completely sure what you're trying to do.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by cole_ely cole_ely wrote:

You may be disappointed in your results going to a slower blade.  This will allow the incoming spin to take more and force you to come forward through the ball even more.

Using a faster blade will minimize dwell and help you ping through those balls at the top of the bounce.

If you're letting the ball drop and spinning it back up, you'll probably like the slower blade more. I guess I'm not completely sure what you're trying to do.

Cole- That is exactly what I do, take the ball below the table and spin it up. I know it's not the right way, but it seems thats the only way I can keep the ball spinning and low over the net.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

" It lacked to much put away Power"? Interesting observation. I have zero issues with "put away power" with this class. I have always had excellent stroke speed regardless of blade class except strickly DEF class blades, as those are a bit slow.

Skyline plays at a higher level than we do. He isn't wrong either. The point of an ALL blade is control, not power.
Cybershape Carbon
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 7:38am

Originally posted by frogger frogger wrote:

Skyline plays at a higher level than we do. He isn't wrong either. The point of an ALL blade is control, not power.

I definitely agree that rubber selection makes a huge difference on allround blades. Because when I said I had a lack of put away power I was using Airoc Soft on my allround classic carbon. It was boosted but still, soft rubber on a slow relatively flexible blade might not be ideal. But even when I changed the Airoc Soft to Tenergy 25 I still had problems. When playing with allround blades you have to generate a lot of your own power if you want speed, and thats not something that I am good at. I'm rather lazy and I like to borrow power from the opponent.

I'm curious about one comment of mister danseemiller though. Why do you think is it easier to block spinny opening loops with allround blades?

Edited by Skyline - 05/25/2015 at 7:39am
danseemiller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 9:16am
Because they are slower.
DS
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 10:35am
Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

Because they are slower.

So you are you saying because Allround blades are slower you have more control over the incoming topspin?

cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 10:44am
I think he's saying it's more difficult to deal with pace than spin.

JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 10:56am
Slower blade means more time for you to do something reasonable with the ball...
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
danseemiller View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danseemiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 11:16am
YES.   Speed or spin.
DS
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 1:05pm
Well, you don't have to sell me.  I use a w6 with illumina 1.9/1.7.  A very reasonable setup.

Sometimes I wish I had a little more solid feel to the blade when I'm trying to hit through a topspin.  Probably just means I need to put more positive into it.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 3:29pm

Well, you don't have to sell me.  I use a w6 with illumina 1.9/1.7.  A very reasonable setup.

Sometimes I wish I had a little more solid feel to the blade when I'm trying to hit through a topspin.  Probably just means I need to put more positive into it.

Why are you trying to hit through a topspin?  Not enough sponge to re-loop it?
Cybershape Carbon
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 3:34pm

Why are you trying to hit through a topspin?  Not enough sponge to re-loop it?

I see where Cole is coming from. I hit through the slow/spinny topspins all the time. Seems to be the easy way to end a point if I am in position. Otherwise, I'd resort to relooping.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 3:52pm
I find that it works better for my back if I try to jump on the topspins at the top of the bounce and hit them.  Yes, there's some topspin, but I'm trying to drive the ball...smash it really.  The more oomph is on the incoming topspin, the more you have to come through it aggressively.  due to some back issues I quit letting the ball drop if I can avoid it.  

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic