Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Using ALL Class?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 9:04am
At a low level, the opening loop is usually not hard, and specially not deep enough, the percentage to smack it for a win is actually quite high and preferable.  But of course there are always many ways to skin a cat Smile.
Sponsored Links

frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 12:41pm

The most spin I have ever generated was with Yasaka Sweden Classic + T05FX 2.1. Crazy spin on opening BH loops. Speed is still good. Believe me I have tried a zillion setups and that one is the best for generating awesome spin. Blocking that level of spin either takes anti/long pips or perfect blade angle to return it. I guess I am low level by international standards. Low and slow but very experienced.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

.... However, that Bengtsson handle (early straight/square handle that is a bit short) makes all the difference in the world to me.

It fits my hand and provides incredible amount of feedback.  The same blade with a different handle does not feel nearly as good and I gave it a shot for a almost three months once trying to get used to it.

I am sure it is something about the way my hand is shaped, but it makes a huge difference to me.

ILya

ILya, Are you talking about this handle design?   If so, for me it's also the most comfortable handle I've ever used - by far.

99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
VictorK View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VictorK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

Because they are slower.

So you are you saying because Allround blades are slower you have more control over the incoming topspin?

From my experience, when trying to block spinny opening loops the ball typically pops high and long.  Slower blades tend to have shorter rebounds and longer dwell, which allow me to keep the ball on the table (rather than go long) and direct/place my shots more accurately.
99% practice
1% equipment
0% ratings
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2015 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by VictorK VictorK wrote:

Originally posted by Skyline Skyline wrote:

Originally posted by danseemiller danseemiller wrote:

Because they are slower.

So you are you saying because Allround blades are slower you have more control over the incoming topspin?

From my experience, when trying to block spinny opening loops the ball typically pops high and long.  Slower blades tend to have shorter rebounds and longer dwell, which allow me to keep the ball on the table (rather than go long) and direct/place my shots more accurately.

thanks VictorK your explanation seems to make sense. 
I was really curious about Dan's comment  so today I played with my stiga allround classic carbon with tenergy 25 2.1 on the forehand and stiga calibra lt spin on the backhand. Like you said the rebound is shorter and the dwelltime is much longer with this setup than with my usual stiga clipper with omega v combo. However the the llround classic carbon has a much smaller sweetspot and vibrates like hell. Playing wise the allround setup might give better blocking control but it doesn't feel that way to me at all.  For blocking I prefer stiffer blades.
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2015 at 9:40pm
I bought a couple of the recommended allround blades, Grubba and Appelgren Allplay. I used the Grubba with Adidas P7 and Tenzone Ultra today at club and didn't find it to be slow at all. In fact, when smashing and looping it seemed faster than my Korbel. Compared to the Korbel, the Grubba is lighter, blocks and pushes easier, has higher throw angle when looping. 

My first couple of matches were terrible. My pushes were catching the top of the net, loops were all over the place both in the net and long. Eventually I learned that this set up is extremely dwelly and the cause for much of my mistakes. After that realization, a larger percentage than normal of my shots stayed on the table. Its going to take more hours of training to see where this equipment change takes me.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/14/2016 at 4:44am
I don't think Yasaka Sweden Extra has a hollow handle, it feels very balanced to me. more balance than TSPW or Pure Wood. im talking not head heavy feel in hand with flair grip
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic