Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Orange Gambler 3* balls coming soon!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orangecrush View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange Gambler 3* balls coming soon!!!
    Posted: 05/22/2015 at 12:09am
Hello all MTTN members,

I talked to ZeroPong yesterday and they told me that they expect to get the orange Gambler 3* balls in soon. ZeroPong will be posting on Facebook as soon as they get them in.

I know a lot of us really like the Gambler 3*. Well I know I do and they are probably the best 3* ball for the money. Plus they work great in my robot's!!!
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
Sponsored Links

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 1:03am
Cole has had it for some time now 0_0

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Eric Fountain View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric Fountain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 1:08am
Not a bad gateway ball to plastic. Plays ever so slightly big.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 1:17am
Yeah, Cole does have the Gambler 3* ball's but they are the "White" ones. My post is about the elusive " Orange" ball's. O_O

I have already talked to Cole and he has been waiting on the "Orange" balls for quite some time now.

Edited by Orangecrush - 05/22/2015 at 1:19am
Dawei Quattro Limda blade w/ Dawei Inspirit Quattro Ultralight 2.0 FH and Air Illumina Alpha Plus 1.8 BH
Thanks to colestt.com
neutronbomb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neutronbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 7:21am
I did not know the orange were elusive. I'll have to ask the guy who runs our state games where he finds them. They always have them at his club and he buys a gross before the yearly games. 
USATT Rating 2059

FH Tibhar 5Q+

BH Giant Dragon Long

Hallmark Aurora

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 7:37am
Well, what I know is that Zeropong is the importer of the Gambler TT balls. People like Cole buy them wholesale from Zeropong and sell them at the same price as Zeropong. The only benefit from buying from Cole is he can ship faster than Zeropong most of the time!!!
Thanks to colestt.com
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 10:30am
They've been out like a year now.  I'll check when I place an order this weekend.

Right now they're out of stock both orange and white, which means I'll be out of white too pretty quickly.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 12:39pm
I ordered up another 3 bags of the white ones, because I just assumed they would stop being produced. Also yeah works well in my machine too, after I wash them.
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 1:37pm
not at all pushing any stores/establishments

but i think amanda at amdt in sf has some gambler 3*'s, but i'm not sure what color

:)

correction/edit:  oop sorry...checked the website (shoulda done that first) - website says they are out of orange.  sorry.

Edited by in2spin - 05/22/2015 at 1:40pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/22/2015 at 10:31pm
Yeah, I've looked around and I can't find anyone who has the G3* in orange. They are a very popular ball and just about everyone I know uses them. Hopefully ZP will be getting them in soon!!!
Thanks to colestt.com
boaspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boaspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 6:29am
megaspin.net sells the orange ones i think
butterfly Timo Boll spirit

FH TG3NEO

BH vega Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 7:32am
Yeah, everyone sells "Orange" balls. But the Gambler 3* balls in "Orange" is what everyone is looking for. Just so happens that the Gambler 3* balls in "Orange" are the best deal for quality ball's.
Thanks to colestt.com
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by Orangecrush Orangecrush wrote:

Yeah, everyone sells "Orange" balls. But the Gambler 3* balls in "Orange" is what everyone is looking for. Just so happens that the Gambler 3* balls in "Orange" are the best deal for quality ball's.

quality balls... plastic or celluloid?
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 9:33pm
As yet, there are no ITTF approved orange plastic 40+ balls.  These are celluloid.  It is not something new, not too far back when people were playing mostly celluloid at my club I saw a lot of them in practice buckets.
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

As yet, there are no ITTF approved orange plastic 40+ balls.  These are celluloid.  It is not something new, not too far back when people were playing mostly celluloid at my club I saw a lot of them in practice buckets.

They were my standard ball until I went full time hardbat.  They just weren't quite durable enough with hardbat and I was breaking the frequently enough that the no longer represented that good of a value.  So I switched to DHS 3* bought in bulk.  

But I do think the Gamblers were/are a great value choice for folks inclined to use sponge in their racket coverings.

Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 11:00pm
Gambler is a mere garage ball.
No ITTF admission for official events.     

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/23/2015 at 11:21pm
I don't know if I would say garage ball. They are USATT approved have a nice matte finish on them. I can get good spin out of them and they work really well in my robot's. I think for the price you can't get a better "Practice" ball. And of course I would not use these balls in tournament play.
Thanks to colestt.com
wturber View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wturber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 2:42am
Originally posted by igorponger igorponger wrote:

Gambler is a mere garage ball.
No ITTF admission for official events.     

Yep.  Never ITTF approved.  Not that this would matter for 99% of the world's table tennis players.  

FWIW, pretty much all celluloid balls are now "garage" balls since as a practical matter we can't expect any ITTF sanctioned event to be using celluloid.
Jay Turberville
www.jayandwanda.com
Hardbat: Nittaku Resist w/ Dr. Evil or Friendship 802-40 OX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orangecrush Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/24/2015 at 2:54am
Well, since we all know that this post is about the Gambler 3* balls in Orange. And dealers sell out of them all the time. Should be a good indication that they are a good "Practice" ball. Plus for the price I don't think there is a better TT ball when you are buying in gross. I mean where can you buy 36 balls of this quality for $13 bucks???
Thanks to colestt.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic