Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Latika speed question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Zeevolf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeevolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Latika speed question
    Posted: 05/25/2015 at 3:37pm
Hi everybody
I just got a Latika. I expected it to have a speed at least at off- level, like, let's say, my Primorac. I wanted to replace the way too slow Yasaka Sweden Classic. But I found it surprisingly slow on bounce test without rubbers. Actually, it's quite similar to the slow Yasaka. Is something wrong with the Latika or the bounce test just doesn't reflect the actual speed with rubbers attached in real game ?

Thanks a lot,
Zeev
Sponsored Links

vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/25/2015 at 11:52pm
I played with it for a couple of years. Mine 88 gr one was an old good reliable OFF standard.  
ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 1:14am
I have a Latika and expected it to be slow. But after testing it with rubbers, I rate it from OFF-  to OFF.

What kind of rubbers are you going to use ?
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
Zeevolf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeevolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 3:46am
That's another question. I want some new generation looping friendly rubber with good spin and control and combo speed around off-. I have Primorac with 05 FX and I like the speed. I'd like to get similar speed with the Latika, What can you suggest ?
mhnh007 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhnh007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Zeevolf Zeevolf wrote:

That's another question. I want some new generation looping friendly rubber with good spin and control and combo speed around off-. I have Primorac with 05 FX and I like the speed. I'd like to get similar speed with the Latika, What can you suggest ?
It's always best to keep the same rubbers when you change blade, unless you hated the rubbers, or you are changing style of play...

Zeevolf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeevolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 9:24am
I have one setup with 05 FX and another with Rakza 7 soft. Which rubber should fit Latika better ?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/26/2015 at 10:44am
What prevents you from moving your old rubbers to the new blade and trying it out?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Zeevolf View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeevolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/02/2015 at 9:28am
Well, I put 05FX on both sides. The feel is awesome. I like this feel the most of all blades I tried. But the speed is a little too slow. It feels around all+ at best. Can anybody suggest a blade with similar feel and control but a little higher speed ? 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic