Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas P7 vs. T05-FX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas P7 vs. T05-FX
    Posted: 06/09/2015 at 2:52am
Can someone compare Adidas P7 to T05-FX as forehand rubber?
InfinityVPS   -   D80   -   D05
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 4:59am
The 05fx is spinnier but not in a wide margin. The p7 is easier to spin with and less sensitive to incoming spin. The p7 also lasts a month longer than 05fx based on experience
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 7:25am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

The 05fx is spinnier but not in a wide margin. The p7 is easier to spin with and less sensitive to incoming spin. The p7 also lasts a month longer than 05fx based on experience

Adidas P7 lasts longer than T05-FX? Interesting, because I keep T05-FX for 6 months, playing 6 hours per week.
Looping underspin is as easy as with T05-FX?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 7:30am
because i have a friend who is one of our national players in the women's team. she used both one after the other in the same blade. the 05fx lasted 2 months and p7 3 months with daily practice
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 7:43am

because i have a friend who is one of our national players in the women's team. she used both one after the other in the same blade. the 05fx lasted 2 months and p7 3 months with daily practice

OK.
How does P7 loop against underspin ?
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 8:17am
it's very spinny, easier to loop and the control is quite good. produces a medium to high arc

MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 9:31am
I felt that spin on opening loops may have been stronger with the P7 and definitely stronger on underspin service. 05FX creates a louder glue sound when stroking correctly. Other than that, there's not much difference.

Btw I've played P7 on FH for what will be a year this Father's day for between 3-6 hours per week. I just replaced it, not because it lost any performance, but to get free shipping with the purchase of a new blade.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 10:11am
Mr. Trip, where did you order yours from?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 11:04am
Megaspin.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 11:21am
timtts.be
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 4:01pm
From what I have read it is the best backhand rubber! How fast it is? Let say 05 is the benchmark, is it faster or slower? Does it need booster?
Thanks in advance.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 5:17pm
Every time someone uses the phrase "backhand rubber" or "forehand rubber", they should be given shock therapy...
Cybershape Carbon
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 6:19pm
P7 is faster than 05 and the bounciness is evident.

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 6:39pm

P7 is faster than 05 and the bounciness is evident.

So which would you recommend to a more powerful looper? T05 or P7?
Cybershape Carbon
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 7:13pm
If based on spin and you qre en elite player then t05. If you like speed more go with t05

NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 7:30pm

If based on spin and you qre en elite player then t05. If you like speed more go with t05
Must be a typo. But can't you spin harder with T05 to make up for the speed?

Edited by NextLevel - 06/09/2015 at 7:32pm
Cybershape Carbon
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Stavros Stavros wrote:

Can someone compare Adidas P7 to T05-FX as forehand rubber?

The P7 is faster, bouncier, great control (on offensive shots) enabling the player to unleash his power, loop vs underspin is only 2nd to CHinese rubbers like H3 Pro (and even then its very very close), On serves, it produces deadly underspin and side spin.... 

here is a reply I had made in a previous thread:

Originally posted by Clarence247 Clarence247 wrote:

Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

As I have stated before, imo P7 offers a better spin/speed/control ratio than the Tenergies that I have played with (T80/T64/T05fx), realizing that some very offensive players may find the P7 a tad too slow.  

I agree that in this category of rubber, I find the P7 having (in my subjective opinion) best ratio between control, speed and spin. I find this makes it the best 3rd ball attack FH rubber I have used because I am able to use as much power as I like, but still retain control over shot placement, and still retain enough spin to overpower the opponent's backspin. The rubber does not feel super grippy when running your finger across it, but as the ball sinks in the elastic topsheet grabs it without fail and generates a lot of spin. I do not find it slow on my Virtuoso and neither was it slow on the YEO.

I have played and compared it over around 4 3hr sessions to T05FX which is the most similar of the tenergy line to it... and I just feel the P7 is better. It is similar but has something which gives me more confidence - it is easier to lift the backspin with it, and that means that you can add more power even when the backspin is heavy. I also find serving with P7 to be superior. On the receive it is touchy on passive shots, and like tenergy, it is better at imparting new spin and overpowering the opponent's spin rather than absorbing / diluting spin. If you have an active receive flicks, drives, loops, heavy push, placed touch shots - it is good, but when you're hesitant it can punish. 

MX-P as I wrote in another thread - in my opinion could also have possibly improved upon tenergy - it is really great as the point enters the 5th ball - gives you great power and allows you to use any initiative gained. It is a very powerful rally rubber, comparable to T05 even when none of the sides has the initiative and both are counterlooping. It is great for 3rd ball too, but not as great as the P7 - because again, you have to be more careful, therefore more conservative.

Tenergy I think is the rubber that produces sharpest dip / arc on a loop but this property alone for me does not give it superiority over the latest ESN rubbers. For some players that much arc is not even necessary or desirable, and for these players then Stiga Calibra series has been a choice to go to. 

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Clarence247 Clarence247 wrote:

From what I see, from the semi-pro / pro players I come in contact with - the following rubbers can be considered better than tenergy at least in some aspect:

XIOM sigma (1,2) - better for far off the table power players
Stiga Calibra series - better for players who emphasise on speedy low arc shots, and players who aim to play deep trying to push the opponent back
Adidas P7 - for players seeking extra control and maximum spin - in order to play even more offensively early in the point as control is retained.
MX-P - for players who open with control and rely on the 5th ball to impart real power, also for players who enter extended rallies (in this aspect it's equal to but not better than Tenergy)
Acuda S1 - many eastern European players prefer this to Tenergy but I have not tried it, most of these players are aggressive offensive players. 
XIOM OMega V - again there are many who prefer this to Tenergy - but I have no 1st hand experience with it - however the players who prefer this to Tenergy are generally slightly less aggressive than the Acuda S1 users

I am sure there are more, for example many clubs train juniors using Joola Ryzhm over Tenergy because it is slightly less sensitive to spin but allows them to play in a similar way as if they were playing with Tenergy - but this just means it is more fit for players still acquiring skills. 

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 8:11pm
My new combo (when it arrives) is going to be P7 on FH and Hammond Pro Beta BH :)))

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

sorry was using my mobile to type earlier. let me correct my statement

If based on spin and you are an elite player then t05. If you like speed more with while maintaining good spin go with P7

berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 11:05pm
ive used both, i thought T05-FX was faster than P7........ just my experience, played on them with viscaria
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by berkeleydoctor berkeleydoctor wrote:

ive used both, i thought T05-FX was faster than P7........ just my experience, played on them with viscaria

Like haggisv and I said on another thread, it would be interesting to get videotape and see how you all measure these things. In general, I lean towards your position. T05 FX reminded me a lot of a better Narucross GS Soft/Hard. But P7 has this third ball ability that I can't put my finger on...

Edited by NextLevel - 06/09/2015 at 11:11pm
Cybershape Carbon
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/09/2015 at 11:54pm
My understanding was that P7 is noticeably heavier than T05fx. Pricewise I can get a Tenergy for 53 in the US. Can I get P7 for same or less? Can I get a not very extensively used one to try?
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
LOG1C1AN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LOG1C1AN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 12:54am
Try TiBi's rubber thread in the for sale section. He has Adidas rubber for a good amount less than what you are paying for Tenergy.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/10/2015 at 4:09pm

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

sorry was using my mobile to type earlier. let me correct my statement

<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">If based on spin and you are an elite player then t05. If you like speed more with while maintaining good spin go with P7</span>

What I understand that it has 05 spin more or less by small margin and does not need booster?
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2015 at 10:26pm
P7 in 2.0mm is perfect and reduces the weight a bit. I do not like P7 in MAX that much because it reduces it's main strength - the 3rd ball... in 2.0mm it's just perfect and retains it's power away from the table.

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

My understanding was that P7 is noticeably heavier than T05fx. Pricewise I can get a Tenergy for 53 in the US. Can I get P7 for same or less? Can I get a not very extensively used one to try?
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 4:05am
Tiibke sells Adidas rubbers, including the P7, here on the FS forum for a very good price.

P7 is a great rubber--very spinny topsheet, easy to lift backspin, great for service--but I found a little slow on the FH.  I felt I really had to swing super hard to get the most out of it, unlike 05 or Rasants.  Some booster improves it mightily, however.  With booster P7 was like a supercharged 05.  

Edited by kevo - 06/12/2015 at 4:06am
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 5:46am
How do you think the P7 would react to PO boosting?
kevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 9:46am
[QUOTE=Machine_Head]How do you think the P7 would react to PO boosting? [/QUOTE

I use Paraffin Oil myself, Machine.  One thick coat, followed by another coat twelve hours later, let sit for another 12 or so.  It domes up but doesn't fold over on itself or curl up like some rubbers.  When it's dry, stick it on and click press or stack of books for half an hour.  It plays really nicely for about a week and a half and then the effect wears off.  You could try more initial coats and it may last longer or just do it again when it needs it.  The hassle of re-boosting it is why I'm switching back to Rasant Turbo (or Powergrip).
Stavros View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stavros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 10:00am
Originally posted by kevo kevo wrote:

[QUOTE=Machine_Head]How do you think the P7 would react to PO boosting? [/QUOTE

I use Paraffin Oil myself, Machine.  One thick coat, followed by another coat twelve hours later, let sit for another 12 or so.  It domes up but doesn't fold over on itself or curl up like some rubbers.  When it's dry, stick it on and click press or stack of books for half an hour.  It plays really nicely for about a week and a half and then the effect wears off.  You could try more initial coats and it may last longer or just do it again when it needs it.  The hassle of re-boosting it is why I'm switching back to Rasant Turbo (or Powergrip).

So P7, after a while needs boosting, not good ...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic