Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Adidas P7 vs. T05-FX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 11:09am
Max thickness doesn't need boosting in my opinion. Then again, I use my whole body to loop.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Sponsored Links

Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 1:02pm
I agree. P7 max does not need boosting. If you have proper stroke P7 can produce very good spin with very good pace.

Nevertheless, I have just boost mine with PO out of curiosity. Tongue
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 5:01pm
I tried it today , it is like high quality Chinese rubber. Don't get me wrong it is not a Chinese it is like what ma long is using on his backhand. It is spinnier than 05 it is controllable on slow medium strokes but when striking hard it tends to bottom out. And it is not good in blocking but very good in couterlooping serving flicking and it is sensitive to incoming spin.
So for whom it is for: for people who used to like 05 on backhand with the old ball but like to get the extra spin they lost with poly ball, just like what the Chinese team did dropping 05 from their backhand!
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Mickael Mickael wrote:

I tried it today , it is like high quality Chinese rubber. Don't get me wrong it is not a Chinese it is like what ma long is using on his backhand. It is spinnier than 05 it is controllable on slow medium strokes but when striking hard it tends to bottom out. And it is not good in blocking but very good in couterlooping serving flicking and it is sensitive to incoming spin.
So for whom it is for: for people who used to like 05 on backhand with the old ball but like to get the extra spin they lost with poly ball, just like what the Chinese team did dropping 05 from their backhand!

Thanks for the review, Mickael. I've found it all to be true in my experience with P7. You must be using a hammer of a swing, as I've never known P7 to bottom out. Then again, I rarely smash unless someone starts lobbing.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/12/2015 at 9:38pm
My opinions about P7 and boosting:
1) P7 does not require boosting initially... for the 1st 1.5 or 2 months... after that, it loses some speed (not power from far - but speed) - boosting with a VERY THIN layer of Falco tempo Long brings it back to how it originally was  and it stays that way for another 2-3 months.

2) if the layer you boost is not THIN - then the rubber starts to bottom out on hard counterloops (not smashes) It may also bottom out on an attempt to drive hard vs a topspin attack...
NOTE: that it bottoms out only when it is boosted and if the boosting layer is not thin enough... the booster slightly softens the sponge which is already medium - so it becomes medium-soft which then leads to the bottoming out. 

3) I would ONLY boost once you feel it is becoming a bit "dead" and losing a lot of speed... to regain that speed and monsterspin.

4) I personally would not use MAX - but 2.0mm - I have used both and was more satisfied with 2.0mm - because in this thickness, the 3rd ball is incredible - you can play at 100% power with total accuracy and amazing spin .... in MAX you have to hold back by 5-10% of power at times not to go long. There was no spin increase with the MAX as opposed to 2.0mm, speed slightly increased.

With P7 you need a positive stroke (as with T05FX) but it is not true that you HAVE to hit hard all the time to use this rubber... this is  NOT H3, and it is closer to T05FX than to H3.... with H3 you always have to use your own power.... with P7 it's better to use your own power but soft spinny shots are always possible and carry A LOT of spin. 

It's quite fast - true it's not as fast as some of the fastest rubbers... but it's more than fast enough... and in terms of Speed it's as fast as T05fx

OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic