Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why do the Chinese top players use H3???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why do the Chinese top players use H3???
    Posted: 06/27/2015 at 11:42am
As the title asks, why do they still use the H3 on their FH even though there are rubbers like Tenergy out there?

Is it because nothing beats H3 for a FH rubber, or is it because they are so accustomed to using the H3 since an early age that they don't want to switch, or is it because they must use a DHS rubber as it being their sponsor???

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 12:02pm
Rubbers without catapult, which are spinny, high control and fast enough are ideal for very well trained professionals who can commit to the right shot 98% of the time.... 

H3 spin is 2nd to none... so it fulfils spin criteria.
H3 Speed is high on the high end...most professionals (especially CHinese) hit hard on each shot. Chinese 3rd ball is aimed to win points and not only to start them as is the mentality in Europe. H3 boosted is a fast rubber  - not as fast as some Tensors but fast enough on average shots, and as fast as them on full power. 

H3 control is superior to Tensors or Tenergy - this means that since they nullify the disadvantages of H3 with their good technique, commitment to the shots they play, great footwork and the use of near 100% power on their every shot... then the added control of H3 is a great benefit... 

short game is undeniably better and Chinese use short game and superior serve receive to place difficulties to the European 3rd ball (which in fact is normally to start a point rather than finish it).

Training with H3 also stimulates and encourages an attacking power based athletic style - based on spin variation, power loops, and offensive play. 

I have played with Nittaku H3 Pro - and it is really not slow, and not hard.... it is not like the normal H3 at all... 

I really like it, but I have to admit that I am not good enough to use it because I gain more points with the slightly more forgiving P7. A friend of mine with a lower level than me however, plays great with Nittaku H3 Pro because she is a penholder and faces less problems - the H3 responds very well to bat angles used by penhold players... its an awesome weapon in their hands...
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 12:51pm
It's because they boost it to the extreme, which makes it as fast as European rubbers.
Tinykin View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinykin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 1:01pm
The Chinese team are sponsored by DHS which is a Chinese company.
Make your own assumptions from that.
Blade:
Darker Speed90
Rubber Fh and Bh DHS Hurricane 3, 39/38deg

Delusion is an asset
Clarence247 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clarence247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

It's because they boost it to the extreme, which makes it as fast as European rubbers.

Contrary to this assumption - I am sure they boost it moderately, retaining it's control and properties but increasing speed to near Euro rubber level.

If they boost to the extreme - the  rubber loses control and feeling... I have played with Nittaku H3 Pro with simple 2 layers of Falco tempo Long - it is already as fast as Adidas P7 on any shot above 75% power, it is slower than P7 on shots below 50% power (which are soft shots intended to be slow - so that is an advantage).

P7 (an average speed, spinny tensor) is fast than H3 on shots between 50% and 75% power... maybe many amateurs play in this range, but in a whole match there will be very very few shots where a pro plays at this power level.. so it is irrelevant to them.... and even then - at these power levels the speed difference is not huge... but P7 has more catapult and forgiveness. 

Boosting with 2 layers is hardly to the extreme. Nittaku H3 pro responds amazingly well to Falco.

If someone is looking for something very similar but cheaper - just get Globe 999 National - it is better than H3 regular for sure.... VERY similar to H3 Pro but a bit slower... still more than fast enough as long as you use some power of your own
OSP Virtuoso (Off-)
MX-P (Max)
Mantra M (Max)

Backup:
Yasaka Extra Offensive,
Nittaku H3 Prov
729-802 SP
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

As the title asks, why do they still use the H3 on their FH even though there are rubbers like Tenergy out there?

Is it because nothing beats H3 for a FH rubber, or is it because they are so accustomed to using the H3 since an early age that they don't want to switch, or is it because they must use a DHS rubber as it being their sponsor???

Thanks in advance!

well just saying Ma Long and Xu Xin who are btw #1 and #2 in the World use Hurricane 3 on the backhand side aswell
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 8:26pm
I think Xu Xin switched back to Tenergy on the backhand.
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Argothman Argothman wrote:

I think Xu Xin switched back to Tenergy on the backhand.

no wrong Xu Xin switched to H3 like 2 years ago, Ma Long this year recently(because of plastic ball i presume)

Before they both used Tenergy

Most recently seen at the WTTC they both had H3(but with tinarc sponge maybe) backhand, if you have some inside info that XX switched bakc since then please do share Smile

Edited by crackfst - 06/27/2015 at 8:35pm
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2015 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by Tinykin Tinykin wrote:

The Chinese team are sponsored by DHS which is a Chinese company.
Make your own assumptions from that.

simple as that. 
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
almanian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote almanian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 12:32am
Not only top Chinese, but almost all Chinese
zettalith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zettalith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 12:40am
I think Chinese have great sense of national pride. I'm sure they'd much rather use Chinese branded items than ones from Japan. If there is a big trade off in performance, however, i think it is all thrown out. This might player a minor part in this? Who knows...
IFL ZLC,Rasant g,Rasant g
YEO,TG2,T64
tack_and_grip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tack_and_grip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 12:52am

Is the question about using H3, DHS, or tacky rubber?
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 12:56am
It's definitely not cuz they're sponsored by DHS lol...
the chinese use hurricane because of spin !!!!! 
hurricane is a sticky rubber that produces crazy spin. The arc that can be produced from hurricane accelerates DOWNWARD, not forward, making it hard to return. 
also hurricane is better at the short game, compared to euro/jap rubbers.  
zettalith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zettalith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 1:13am
I have seen a few high level Chinese players come to America and switch over to tenergy on FH from H3. Dunno if that means anything. Just thought I'd mention it.
YEO,TG2,T64
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 1:31am
Name?

Originally posted by zettalith zettalith wrote:

I have seen a few high level Chinese players come to America and switch over to tenergy on FH from H3. Dunno if that means anything. Just thought I'd mention it.
Argothman View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Argothman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 2:02am
It makes you wonder, is the national/provincial hurricane that much better than commercial?

...Which leads to a whole new set of questions, such as why certain players are allowed to have access to special equipment that no one else can use. Surely this defeats the fairness of table tennis.
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 2:26am
OK to everyone who says they don't use Tenergy on the forehand because of sponsorship,

that is f**king ridiculous, you think players who devote their careers/lives to this sport would play with even just slightly inferior equipment and sabotage their performance?

Anyone who is on CNT would switch to Tenergy on the forehand in a heartbeat if it increased their performance a tiny bit.

But the fact remains they can play better with tacky chinese rubber yes it's the national version, yes it's boosted heavily, but so is any Tenergy the pros play...

Just because you are worse with H3 than say T05 on the forehand doesn't mean shit. 

Edited by crackfst - 06/28/2015 at 2:27am
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
aroonkl View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aroonkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 2:21pm
Doles go to right pocket, DHS. Also left one, BTY.
Ohh.... forgot. The back pocket, Stiga blade.
Also Lining shirts. Shoes, Mizuno?

Why do they have to cut themselves short? They were trained and familiar with H3. Use H3 and still get sponsor from BTY as they play with Tenergy on BH.
Originally posted by crackfst crackfst wrote:

OK to everyone who says they don't use Tenergy on the forehand because of sponsorship,

that is f**king ridiculous, you think players who devote their careers/lives to this sport would play with even just slightly inferior equipment and sabotage their performance?

berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 4:07pm
Alas, alack, woe is me, well-a-day, oh the humanity and hot mercy Martha Argothman, the fairness of table tennis has taken quite a shellacking over nearly the past six and one half decades.  I believe I know why, but I'm reluctant to say so any more on table tennis forums for fear of the rhetorical pastings I know I'm gonna take from Tenergy terrorists, Hurricane heroes, and Big Dipper demons.  Not to mention Tin Arc tuners and Bluefire boosters.

I may, like Sgt. Hulka, just be getting too old for this sort of s**t.

Edited by berndt_mann - 06/28/2015 at 4:10pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by crackfst crackfst wrote:

Anyone who is on CNT would switch to Tenergy on the forehand in a heartbeat if it increased their performance a tiny bit.

But the fact remains they can play better with tacky chinese rubber yes it's the national version, yes it's boosted heavily, but so is any Tenergy the pros play...

Just because you are worse with H3 than say T05 on the forehand doesn't mean shit. 

I also have a similar thinking, that they must be getting some kind of edge by using H3, and for them that's the best FH rubber, else they would have switched to Tenergy or other top rated rubbers.

And I also agree that the top players boost their equipment and they have access to better equipment than the ones made available to us. It makes sense if you think about it!
zettalith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zettalith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 6:49pm
Some of the MC college team

Originally posted by aroonkl aroonkl wrote:

Name?

YEO,TG2,T64
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 7:24pm

I also have a similar thinking, that they must be getting some kind of edge by using H3, and for them that's the best FH rubber, else they would have switched to Tenergy or other top rated rubbers.

And I also agree that the top players boost their equipment and they have access to better equipment than the ones made available to us. It makes sense if you think about it!
ok now that you have it all worked out, what will you do for the rest of the day? I was just wondering why I never saw these people at the local table tennis shop
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
reflecx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reflecx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 9:34pm

You have to consider that they loose easy access to national or provincial H3 once they are in USA.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by reflecx reflecx wrote:

You have to consider that they loose easy access to national or provincial H3 once they are in USA.

+1

this is the reason why i haven't been using h3 for awhile bc of no resupply. the online bought ones are still lower quality. i think they sort all the good ones and export the rest. i pulled out my old h3np recently and am tempted to just go with the bought ones. each sheet can be quite different unlike theirs but i still find it easiest to play with. short game and counterloop control are the best although tenergy also has a butter smooth cloop. it's just kind of fast so when you play 2500+ everyone is hitting a lot to compensate.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2015 at 11:17pm
H3 does give an edge in forehand lol...
Btw, the pros don't boost as much as you think! They boost, but they don't "boost the hell out of their rubbers" lol...

and once the chinese players go to america, they rarely play "as professionally" as they did in China, ie. there aren't that many tournaments, and the intensity/level of training is obviously drastically lower. It's also more demanding to play H3 when compared to T05. 
crackfst View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crackfst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 2:17am
also want to add that pro players get customized pro tenergies too,
the difference is probably less that between commercial h3 and the "real" stuff but its still there
Darker Speed 90 Jpen
Tenergy 64
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 8:40am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

ok now that you have it all worked out, what will you do for the rest of the day? I was just wondering why I never saw these people at the local table tennis shop

This coming from someone who wants us to believe that the Pros don't have access to better equipment and that they don't boost to get an edge over others???
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 10:02am
Originally posted by unstopabl3<br>This coming from someone who wants us to believe that the Pros don't have access to better equipment and that they don't boost to get an edge over others???<br>[/QUOTE unstopabl3
This coming from someone who wants us to believe that the Pros don't have access to better equipment and that they don't boost to get an edge over others???
[/QUOTE wrote:

don't make stuff up, I just said you solved it, you are just saying what is happening, and what has been happening for decades, nothing new here

don't make stuff up, I just said you solved it, you are just saying what is happening, and what has been happening for decades, nothing new here

NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 3:57pm
I'm making stuff up?

Did you not shot down people in other threads demanding proof when posters said that Pros boost and that a few have admitted to boosting. You asked for proof in such a way as if it was X-Files case lol even though you already knew that Pros boost and have access to superior products.
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2015 at 5:10pm
I just like to see the real quotes and not guesses, but you go ahead and boost your blue sponge something and buy your made to order viscaria and you pick the heavy tenergy that allows you to spin better, you use the same chair that they use, you get Mikes Nikes and jump a metre high
and in two years you will telling others to just practice

My job is TT, I have a shop, Im a ITTF coach, National selector, I see and talk about these things on a daily basis, I like to know what pro's do, I have customers buying the black sheet out of the cheap 729 twinpack because it has a blue sponge, we all want to play better, 

but at the end of the day having the same gear is 1 thing, then who knows and knowing what they use ,what sponge, what thickness, when they use it , how often, how many coats, how many days do they leave before using, do they have more than 1 blade, when do they discard rubber, who does it for them, how do players not get caught, those are the questions someone should ask a pro?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic