Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Easy P long pips review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easy P long pips review
    Posted: 07/01/2015 at 3:13pm

I’ve been using EASY P, a new Long Pip rubber from Sauer & Troger, for the last couple weeks and I thought I’d share a short review for all you LP users out there.
Blade Used: OSP Immune OX
Rubber: FH Adidas TZU; BH S&T Easy P, OX red.
The rubber was fairly tacky when the plastic protection sheet was initially removed. It is still slightly tacky after a couple weeks. The pips are thin, straight, and medium soft and flexible. The pips seem durable, I expect this sheet to last quite a while.
Playing features: This rubber is slow. I have no problem blocking or chop-blocking fast & spinny loops while standing right at the table. It is very easy to control incoming spin on service returns. When blocking, the amount of spin reversal is very good. You can aggressively push or hit underspin. When receiving no-spin balls, I am able to impart some spin on the ball as the rubber has some grip to it. This made it especially deceptive for my opponents when they tried to minimize the spin reversal with no-spin balls. They would either miss my returns entirely or set up my FH for an easy kill. Away from the table, I was able to chop fairly well. The trajectory was nice and low, and there was good wobble effect and deception when chopping.
Conclusion: Easy P is a nice rubber for the defensive push-blocking style. It shines in terms of spin-reversal and slow speed (if that’s what you’re looking for). Medium range chopping is also pretty good. It’s probably not right for a player that aggressively attacks or hits with LPs, or the player who routinely plays far off the table. I’m planning to continue using it with my OX setup and ditch the dtecs
J
You can pick up a sheet in the US at nexyusa.com.

Cheers!
Nick

LPs I’ve used recently:

Tibhar Grass Dtecs, Hallmark Original, Hallmark Friction Special 2, Dr. N Superblock, Dr. N No.1, Giant Dragon Talon, Lion Claw, TSP Curl p1, Dawei 338d, Sauer & Troger Hellfire, Der-Materialspezialist Undertaker

Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
Sponsored Links

firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 5:04am
Hi thanks for the review,is the base of the sheet thick /thin or translucent like a 388d?
Black Balsa 3.0 fh/tenergy 05 1.9 388d ox

ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 11:48am
The base of the sheet is not necessarily thin, but it is translucent. Not quite as much as the 388d, but you can see through it.
Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
Gtbana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtbana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 3:21pm
ndotson, I see you have used quite a few LPs. Can you list your top three?
BTY Viscaria, T05,V>401
BTY Innerforce, T05, T64
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2015 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Gtbana1 Gtbana1 wrote:

ndotson, I see you have used quite a few LPs. Can you list your top three?

Sure. In terms of OX LPs, much depends on the blade you're using. If I'm using a fast blade, then I'd be more inclined to pair it with a slower LP. In that case I would want to maximize the spin-reversal/disturbing effect, so I'd want a relatively hard blade surface/wood, like balsa. If I'm using a slower blade, like the Defplay Senso, then I want LPs that are a littler faster and with some grip so I can work the ball more. Dtecs work pretty well in this case.
My current blade, OSP Immune OX, is a combo blade that has a slow/DEF FH side and medium/ALL BH side. The BH side has a hard top ply which allows me to use a slower LP, and have plenty of spin-reversal and enough speed to attack underspin successfully. The slow FH side is very spinny, so I can pair it with a fast & spinny rubber, which is great for serves, and I can loop, block, and hit with good control.

So here's the top 3 OX long pips for me, in random order:
Tibhar Grass Dtecs - paired with a DEF blade
Hallmark FS2 - paired with an ALL blade
S&T Hellfire - paired with a OFF hard surface blade

I like the Easy P a lot, but it's too early to say if it's a favorite.

Edited by ndotson - 07/02/2015 at 5:00pm
Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
bogeyhunter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 4:29pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdggGIpMvPc

Here's video of me testing EASY P(I somehow put EASY P on the fast side of Firestarter blade)
www.NexyUSA.com
We also carries Sauer & Tröger.
Lissom O+EASY P 1mm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_65FLO2Lneo
https://youtu.be/YgYFPJCBCr0
https://youtu.be/NeHp789Lb1c
https://youtu.be/_65FLO2Lneo
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2015 at 5:04pm
Here

Edited by BH-Man - 07/03/2015 at 5:07pm
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Gtbana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtbana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2015 at 1:47pm
My friend, thanks for the recommendation on the LP, I'm going to try them out.

Is that a custom blade with different surfaces for BH and FH, I must be out of touch?

Thanks,
BTY Viscaria, T05,V>401
BTY Innerforce, T05, T64
Gtbana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtbana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 2:38pm
Ndotson,

Any comment on TSP Curl P1R?

Thanks
BTY Viscaria, T05,V>401
BTY Innerforce, T05, T64
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 3:35pm

My friend, thanks for the recommendation on the LP, I'm going to try them out.

Is that a custom blade with different surfaces for BH and FH, I must be out of touch?

Thanks,

Here's a link for the custom blade. It shows the two different surfaces.

Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
ndotson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndotson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 3:36pm

Ndotson,

Any comment on TSP Curl P1R?

Thanks

Good for chopping away from the table. I would recommend using it with sponge, not OX.
Korbel
H3 / Curl P1
Gtbana1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gtbana1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2015 at 6:01pm
Thanks, ordered with 1.3-1.4 sponge.
BTY Viscaria, T05,V>401
BTY Innerforce, T05, T64
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic