Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Finally tamed the DHS TG3 Neo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finally tamed the DHS TG3 Neo
    Posted: 07/21/2015 at 11:25am
The P7 was my FH rubber for about a year. I felt I needed a bit more power  so after a period of reading I decided to get the TG3 Neo. I played with it for almost 3 weeks and I had a really difficult time. It was a hard rubber to play with. If you don't get your bat angle right it either goes to the net or out of the table. If you do a flat hit the ball flies in a straight trajectory and goes out of the table. But all the while I can feel the potential of this rubber so I kept playing with it. There were times I wanted to go back to my P7 but I knew I just had to tame this rubber by adjusting my technique.

And these 2 days I have been playing great with the TG3. I observed I have to relax my shoulder and arms and use a more open elbow stroke. The key is you have to really brush the ball whereas you can get away with a bit flatter with the P7. When you hit it right, the TG3 is amazing. I am getting super fast ball with massive massive amounts of spin. There are some shots I was able to make where to ball hardly bounces at the other end of the table - it just dips down to the ground making it almost impossible to receive. There are reviewers who say this rubber is slow. It is not slow. When hit right it is very fast.

Will be doing a bit more training with this setup in the coming months. Wish me luck. :)
Sponsored Links

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 4:52pm
I have been using it two months or so now. Feeling a lack of power 5/6 ft off table. Otherwise its a superb rubber. And yeah open arm strokes are the way to go!

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2015 at 7:30pm
May I know on what blade did you glue it on?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic