Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Chedech short review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy Chedech short review
    Posted: 07/22/2015 at 4:10am

A smudge tardy but I shall finally write a little about this wondrous blade. I must note that because we are getting ready for the Seattle Open I could not spend much time playing with the set up as I usually play with long pips and most wanted to train with me in that style. With that in mind unfortunately this will be a shorthand review.

Playing Conditions: 100% humidity. Not much ventilation and situated on a lower mountain side.
Benchmark: I will mostly compare this set up to a ZXi with Rasant grip as it's the most fresh in my mind. 
Play: This blade felt extremely linear, no unnerving bounce or catapult. The touch shots in the short game were great but what really surprised me was the blades transition from soft shots to the more active strokes. I could open up with a strong loop without much trouble and when I put some mustard on my shot, the chedech would simply barf fireballs with ease. Compared to the ZXi there is definitely a bit more dwell time, especially on power loops and smashes. At times it does indeed feel as if the top layer of the blade is holding the ball for just a fraction of a second longer. I'm not an expert in the slightest but if I were to be bold enough to say, I think this blade would suit a player who loves to power loop very nicely. 
Control: Compared to my ZXi set up, this combo has training wheels. Multi-ball or any real training up here is rare (so my game can be erratic) but the chedech made it easy to keep the ball on the table  in comparison to the ZXi, with which the ball would go flying in innumerable and hilarious directions when I was in self destruct mode. 
Feel: Very difficult for me to describe. The blade is not overly stiff but maintains a solid feel. The flex and dwell time are good but nothing to be afraid of. 
Speed: Most likely my favorite feature of the Chedech is it's ability to transition from OFF- sort of speed in the short game to OFF+ on smashes without feeling two faced. Slower than the ZXi.
Conclusion: Easily one of my favorite offensive blades I've ever tried. I'm surprised not many people have said much about it. I would like the citizens of the world to take my short review with a grain of salt. These are just my personal feelings towards the Chedech and the playing conditions were not the best considering how wet our rubbers were due to the humidity.  

Edited by hidasjoki - 08/01/2015 at 3:13am
<3
Sponsored Links

Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 12:17am
Beautiful

A review plz.
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 12:21am
MX-S produces good arc all by itself on any blade if you have decent technique.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
berkeleydoctor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berkeleydoctor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 2:40am
yes review! review!
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 3:12am
Will post review on Sunday or Monday. Maybe some video as well.
<3
_maddic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _maddic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/23/2015 at 7:21am
yes please
a review would be great

could you compare them to other nexy blades if possible
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/01/2015 at 3:13am
Finally wrote a little. Will update again when I have the chance. 
<3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic