FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Tensor vs Bty high tension

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tensor vs Bty high tension
    Posted: 07/16/2006 at 10:31am

What is the difference between the two technology ( tensor and bty high tension ) ?

Is it true that tensor has a thin layer of topsheet and have shorter life than the butterfly high tension rubber ?

Sponsored Links

lildudejds View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lildudejds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 12:32am
well tensors have a built in speed glue effect...as tension rubbers are just...well ...tensioned. They are very bouncy and such. They dont have a built in effect, as they NEED speed glue to get to optimum power.
Nexy Hannibal
Tenergy 05
Tenergy 05 FX
bigreddawgie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigreddawgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 1:07am

tensor= built in speed glue

tensioned= fast rubber cuz its stretched

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 1:18am
Tension depends on the type of tension, is it the sponge or topsheet thats tensioned? Tensor is just a fancy name for speedglue effect rubbers.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 1:27am

What I am trying to find out is what is the technology behind these rubber.

Do they modify the molecular structure of the rubber to make high tension rubber ? or they just stretch the rubber and stick it to the sponge while it is still being stretched ?

I am not sure this is true or not but someone told me that,

Butterfly tensioned rubber are special rubber that during the manufacturing they alter the rubber molecules with hightech technique to make it high tensioned permanantly, thats why the topsheet is thick, does not curl and more lasting.

Tensor rubber are very thin rubber being stretched and glued to the sponge while it is still stretched. Thats why the tensor topsheet is thin, always curl and crack easily.

Please let me know what I heard is true or not?

kollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 1:43am
I like how people are saying "built in speed glue" like its an answer! what IS built in speed glue? is it just streched rubber? or expanded sponge?
Shibutani ST
Tackifire C
Feint Soft
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 1:46am
It's like speedglue...

but built in

Tensor series are stretched topsheet (a "mechanical" dome). When you glue it down the bouncy sponge + tensioned topsheet simulates speedglue effect.
Potato Face
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 2:13am
I'm guessing you're referring to tensioned sponge. But speedglue effect and tensioned rubbers are not even in the same category. One is meant for speedgluing and the other to mimic the speedglue effect.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 2:33am

Sorry, I am still confused.

Silvalis, are you confirming that tensor are regular rubber that are being stretched and glued to the sponge and because of that, tensor dome and behaves like a speed glued regular rubber ?

How about bryce, it does not dome... someone told me that the molecules in the rubber has been changed, tensioned ( does anyone know what is that ? ) and it does not dome. However still have the speed because of the changed molecules. Is that true ?

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 2:39am
Um... speedglue effect rubbers aren't just about the topsheets. That just mimics the spring, the real mimicing thing is where the sponge is.

Tensioned sponge just makes the rubber a bit faster by increasing the catapault effect and making it harder to bottom out.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 2:41am
I was actually replying to kollin's post...

high tension (bryce) and tensor are different things.

I don't know how bryce's high tension works. The topsheet doesn't appear to be stretched, nor the sponge. Bryce is however, meant to be speedglued.

Tensor rubbers aren't meant to be speedglued (however there are a few that work with it). They're regular rubbers with different sponges and stretched topsheets.

Potato Face
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 8:31am
I am somewhat confused as well. If tensor rubbers stretch the topsheet the dome would be opposite to what you get with speed glue. Also how does speed glue affect the top sheet? I find it hard to believe that it penetrates that far into the sponge all the way to the top sheet.
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 11:42am

maybe someone from butterfly and manufacturer of tensor rubber can come and explain to all of us.

ssiew968 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssiew968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 1:09am
What about INTEGRATED ENERGY of Nittaku like Hammond series?
aeoliah View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aeoliah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 1:35am
Hi TTfreak, sorry for being off topic, but I am interested to have your comments about your Violin. Thanks.
Member of the Single Ply Hinoki Club
Viscaria Super ALC C-Pen
Rasanter C48

adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 5:48am

Looks most of the people dont know what exactly is behind various rubber technology, such as tensor, bty high tension and now someone mentioned integrated energy.

I think it is important for us to know so we can choose the right rubber. Perhaps someone here who are close to the supplier can ask this for us.

Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 6:43am
Nothing you read about a rubber will help you make the right choice. Only once you glue it to your own blade and you actually play with it for a while will you know what it's like. Especially never believe any marketing crap from rubber manufacturers. People's comments on these forums may be more useful but also range from utter BS to very well informed.

Start with the "standards" that have proven themselves over time and work your way from there. If you can't play decently with them then any other equipment you buy is just EJ'ing.
adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 6:53am

I think it is important to know what is behind those techonogy.

For example, if the technology is simply stretching a thin layer of rubber and glue it to the sponge, then I will see that rubber wont be very durable because the thin topsheet will most likely crack and split from the sponge if glued too much.

If the technology involves alteration of rubber molecules, then we must know what is altered and how to make full use of these alternation and whether these change will effect the rubber lifespan.

If we just depend on forumers to tell their experience story, everyone will have different story depending on how they play. We later get more confused.

Dont you want to know what is actually behind the technology of your rubber ?

adambty View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 7:35am

Please give me answer, what is actually behind the tensor and butterfly high tension technology.

I hear butterfly high tension technology is more advanced than tensor thats why it last longer and more expensive. is it true ?

TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2006 at 8:06am
Really, there is no objective "better" when it comes to these kinds of technologies. Bryce when not speedglued is rather uninspiring, whilst F1 when speedglued tends to last only a few days and can't remain playable with the kind of speedgluing the pros do anyway.

PS: The violin plays like a cross between the old chinese and stiga blades. Feels as nice as the stigas while being nice and crisp like the old Chinese woods.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic