Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

ALC Defense

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALC Defense
    Posted: 08/31/2015 at 12:00am
I've played with the same "main" set up for a few years now and messed around with a lot of equipment on the side in my spare time. I use JSH with long pips but I like to block and hit. Today I got to use a Matsushita Pro Special and I have never played with a blade that fit my game so well. Obviously they are not in production anymore.......Cry  Does anyone know of a similar over sized ALC blade or am I stuck custom ordering from Butterfly.......
<3
Sponsored Links

achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 12:06am
Matsushita Pro Alpha maybe easier to find.

Edited by achoomai - 08/31/2015 at 12:06am
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
hidasjoki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hidasjoki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2015 at 2:44am
Does it play similar? (might be a dumb question...)
<3
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2015 at 3:22am
Let me test it tonight.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 1:39am
I have both the Matsushita Pro Special and the Matsushita Pro Alpha.

In my opinion, these are the differences:
 - The Alpha is slightly slower than the Special.
 - The Alpha has a much thinner handle than the Special.
 - The Special has a more carbon/metallic feel than the Alpha.
 - The Special is heavier than the Alpha.

I prefer the Alpha, but that's because I have small hands. If it weren't for the handle size, I'd be happy playing with either blade.
http://i.imgur.com/wqnxV.gif
jayharoons View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayharoons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 2:06am
road I disagree. The handle on both alpha and pro special are about the same. I happen to own 4 of each blades in fl and st.
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 11:24am
Originally posted by jayharoons jayharoons wrote:

road I disagree. The handle on both alpha and pro special are about the same. I happen to own 4 of each blades in fl and st.

Here's the two paddles side by side. It's semi-crappy quality because I took it with my iPhone, but the Alpha is noticeably thinner than the Special.

IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 2:55pm
roar- you might have gotten an SI handle Alpha. The SI stands for Straight Incline, and it is thinner than the normal Butterfly Straight.

That being said, I have never touched either of these blades, so I can't say for sure.
roar View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

roar- you might have gotten an SI handle Alpha. The SI stands for Straight Incline, and it is thinner than the normal Butterfly Straight.

That being said, I have never touched either of these blades, so I can't say for sure.

I believe it was only available in SI. A google search seems to verify this...
IanMcg View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanMcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2015 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by roar roar wrote:

Originally posted by IanMcg IanMcg wrote:

I believe it was only available in SI. A google search seems to verify this...
Huh, I thought it was strange that I could only find SI/FL MPA when shopping around. It makes a lot more sense now, thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic