Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Any review of Xiom Vega Tour blade?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any review of Xiom Vega Tour blade?
    Posted: 09/03/2015 at 12:52am
I'm interesting in Xiom Vega tour blade with hinoki outer ply but I couldn't find any review of it before. if there is someone can review this blade compare to the others please help me.
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
Sponsored Links

rusttt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusttt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 1:25pm
Not going to give a full review, but will share my impressions. I have the Vega Pro, Vega Euro and Vega Tour. The Tour has by far the worst feel and performance in my opinion. It doesn't have the consistent linear performance of the Euro or the explosive power of the Pro. I could not adjust to the on/off nature of speed of return and it feels hollow where it's siblings feel sharp. I have a lot of different ZLC blades and this is the only one that I couldn't find anything good to say about it. I've only tried the one, so could have been that I got a dud, but I would try the Euro first if I was shopping in this line of blades.

If you want ZLC plus something like hinoki, try the Donic Waldner World Champion '89 blade. I love that thing. 
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 2:07pm
I used to try Waldner World Champion 89 once. It has spruce outer ply with very good touch but most of them are too heavy for me(around 90g). With spruce top ply I love blades created by soulspin such as Holz Sieben. I've tried Vega Pro before and I love it so I have very high hope that vega tour will be better with it's Hinoki and higher price. :(

Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2015 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by rusttt rusttt wrote:

Not going to give a full review, but will share my impressions. I have the Vega Pro, Vega Euro and Vega Tour. The Tour has by far the worst feel and performance in my opinion. It doesn't have the consistent linear performance of the Euro or the explosive power of the Pro. I could not adjust to the on/off nature of speed of return and it feels hollow where it's siblings feel sharp. I have a lot of different ZLC blades and this is the only one that I couldn't find anything good to say about it. I've only tried the one, so could have been that I got a dud, but I would try the Euro first if I was shopping in this line of blades.

If you want ZLC plus something like hinoki, try the Donic Waldner World Champion '89 blade. I love that thing. 

I have avoided reviewing the Tour because I have always felt that something had to be wrong with something I was doing for it to not do anything I like per se.  I always had the excuse of limited use.  So until I have time to use it and figure out what makes it good, I have to concur with you.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic