FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

H3 National Version, HK Version review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3 National Version, HK Version review
    Posted: 07/17/2006 at 10:50pm
Hi guys, just want to share my opinion and experience with these 2 rubbers. A friend of mine recently went back to HK and so I asked him to get me some national team H3 from HK, I only asked him to get me 1 sheet. So 2 days ago he came back with it and the 1st thing I notice was that it was HEAPS lighter compared to my commerical H3 and my friend national H3. When I think about it , it feels and looks very similar to something I bought off Cole (H3 on cannon sponge) except the sponge on this one was orange just like regular H3 except it was softer, more smooth, doesn't have that gainy texture look. This one is the one that ttman sells and rossicarbon talks about, the one with a stamp at the corner of the rubber sheet with degree of hardness, this one shows 41, sponge thickness. There was a picture posted of this one on this forum somewhere. I went to look for it but no luck. If anyone can find it can they post it here?

I was able to get my hands on a chinese national team version from a reliable sauce. This one looked like the commerical H3, when I went home to compare it with my commerical H3, which is brand new still, the topsheet of the national one was darker. Flipped it around and the sponge of the commerical looked darker. When I pressed down on the  the National H3 ,40 degree , was slightly softer than my commerical H3, i got this from cole think it was suppose to be 39 degree but not sure, but still medium-hard. The national team one has the regular serial stamp at the back and then it has another set of serial slightly smaller stamped just above that and then it has a red square stamp that you get on the provincial with the degree stamped on it. I've also seen a picture of this rubber before on this forum but I haven't had any success in finding these. Actually I might take some pictures and post them up of this one as I have another sheet uncut.

Now when I played and compared the two, the Hk team version I would think would be a gluers wet dream because the sponge is so soft it wouldn't take many levels of glue before it started to dome. But I'm not a speed gluer so I can only give a review on using normal glue. When I first hit around with it, I was wasn't surprise that this felt exactly like H3 on Cannon that I had bought from Cole recently. The feel and play is identical to that. Because the sponge is soft the ball sinks into the sponge more when you hit hard, because of this softer sponge you can't get the same speed you do as with the harder sponge also  when your relooping a loop you can't hit through as much as when the sponge is hard, because the effect of the incoming spin is felt more because the ball sinks into the sponge more. but it's not impossible to do it. Last thing I notice was the throw, although still high throwing it wasn't as high as my commerical H3.

When I played with the Chinese national team version, the 1st thing that hit me was how tacky the topsheet was compared to the commerical versons I have tried. The topsheet is that much more tacky and according to my friend who's had his national team version for over 1 and 1/2 year it's stay tacky for a long time. His national team which is 1 1/2 years old is more tacky then my 8 month old commerical by a long shot. When I play with it, it feel just like a tackier version of commerical. Well thats how it feels to me. So the quality is in the topsheet. I can see why people would want this because if the rubber last longer and stays tacky for a long time they wouldn't have to replace the rubber so often, but if I was speed gluing I would probably get commerical. I love how with H3 commerical or chinese national you can hit through anything be it heavy underspin or topspin, if you hit through the ball the incoming spin doesn't effect you if you go for a full swing. But where as the soft HK team version you can feel the effect of the incoming spin.
Sponsored Links

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 11:21pm
does it say china team in english in the middle of the sponge? If so thats china team version if not, u just have a nice sehet of national team? Could you upload a picture? Does it have a half circle stamp in it anywhere?
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2006 at 11:32pm
It's pretty interesting review or topic but now that you talk about different versions of H3, I am beginning to feel more comfortable using the commercial H3.  I've read a lot about the various H3s that are present in the market and everybody says that the national version has a better quality, which is true for many.  The commercial version does not give you what the national version gives you, but some are beginning to accept the commercial H3 as the US national version regardless of its inconsistent quality result.  No H3 can play just like the other H3 100% even if it is the national version.  Even a sriver rubber does not play like the one you bought before and i am pretty sure some of you agree with me.  You need to hit with the new rubber a couple of times to get used to the new feel.  Technique and basic skills are what makes you a complete player and you can use any equipment you want if you master those two things.  Remembered a funny topic that a person can play with a clipboard if they wanted to and yes back in the days, I was beaten by my mentor with a clipboard.
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 1:03am

O! Ju Qian, I agree with you on that one. I think commerical is just just as good to use. I love my commerical and it does just a good job. The only difference i can tell is the topsheet of the national is more tacky and produce more spin than the commerical, but the commerical is just as good. If i had to say or compare the commerical to the national as a percentage i would say somewhere between 80-90% but more towards to 80% mark.

TTman, it looks exactly like the one rossicarbon posted on the net. As for the Chinese team one I'll post a pic up soon. The one from HK i only got 1 sheet of and I've already cut it and glued it to a blade.

rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 1:47am
Originally posted by mr2tran mr2tran wrote:

O! Ju Qian, I agree with you on that one. I think commerical is just just as good to use. I love my commerical and it does just a good job. The only difference i can tell is the topsheet of the national is more tacky and produce more spin than the commerical, but the commerical is just as good. If i had to say or compare the commerical to the national as a percentage i would say somewhere between 80-90% but more towards to 80% mark.

TTman, it looks exactly like the one rossicarbon posted on the net. As for the Chinese team one I'll post a pic up soon. The one from HK i only got 1 sheet of and I've already cut it and glued it to a blade.

mr2TRan, now u believed me on the version which i posted up before. NOt many ppl in Sydney believing me on the CHINA TEAM versions. They all believing in the serial numbers.

How come you only get one sheet, you should get more because next year HK will not be using H3, they will be using REACTOR TORNADO.

mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 7:56am
rossicarbon: I didn't like the one from HK at all. To soft and light, didn't feel like what H3 was designed to do. The national version I got from China was heaps better than the one I got from HK. The HK was light and soft where the chinese one was average weight and medium-hard like H3 was design to be. I'll post a pic of the chinese one soon when i can
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 9:05am
how do i post pics on this forum?
rossicarbon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossicarbon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 9:23am

Originally posted by mr2tran mr2tran wrote:

rossicarbon: I didn't like the one from HK at all. To soft and light, didn't feel like what H3 was designed to do. The national version I got from China was heaps better than the one I got from HK. The HK was light and soft where the chinese one was average weight and medium-hard like H3 was design to be. I'll post a pic of the chinese one soon when i can

It depends on ya technic too, with the version i got from HK.. one loop and everyone is gone...I do not know who is ya coach but i was taught my a friend who used to played for HK in the same era as the cai chen hua, chan kong wah, shi zhi hao.. If you from australia. Do you ever head of LA CAM PHONG aka CAM LA. Even with h3 you need to have alot of power otherwise, it will be useless.

I do agreed with you about the china team version from HK,it is soft and very firm and very light too. SOme ppl might not like it but for me and TTMAN.. we like the weight and the softness of the topsheet.

linn88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linn88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 6:46pm

how do i post pics on this forum?

Go to this website and follow its instructions. 

http://photobucket.com/

Cheers

tango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2006 at 11:57pm
Thanks for the info mr2tran.  You've convinced me to get a H3 national!!
mr2tran View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr2tran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2006 at 12:42am
thought you didnt like H3 "tango"? Tango is a FANTASTIC Rubber, just a bit to pricey for me... LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic