FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Best Unknown Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 10:59pm
I emailed this seller to ask what sponge hardness he has

Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 11:29pm
i think eacheng has this cheaper http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3773
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2015 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

i think eacheng has this cheaper http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=3773

1 cent less on ali with free shipping

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 2:43am
Here's the response I got:

Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 4:04am
Hi, in the first post, I reviewed a little of the blue sponge ckylin, I bought it from eacheng in aliexpress, but, there is no topsheet grip, it's not tacky, and have very bad spin, insted it has good speed and soft sponge, it feels like a the hexer I have in terms of speed and softness, but has very bad spin, and the sponge doesnt look that porous, and is light blue.   very strange.

Edited by Hautamaeki - 09/29/2015 at 4:30am
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 6:46am
Reactor has released an upgrade version of their blue sponge CKylin called Blue Pheonix. The old one is exactly like Hautamaeki said. I found the new one has more power with the touch of elastic and bounce. The old feels softer with not enough support. 

The other cheap Chinese rubber I like is Kokutaku 868 40+ with Green Sponge. It is very soft, tacky and elastic. I will pick the Sword King with Red Sponge to complete the picture. 

Edited by TurboZ - 09/29/2015 at 6:49am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 7:04am
Hi turboZ , that new cKylin has any topsheet grip? or has poor spin?

I have read about the kokutaku and king rubbers, I forgot them, people are saing good things about the kokutaku....

This topic is usefull, because I coach in a club, located in a somewhat poor nighbourhood, I'm trying to find some good innexpensive rubbers so they can compete with the average player in their age cathegory. 

So far, I already chose the blades: Yinhe N8 for all wood ( 10euro), and Yinhe Y13(12 euro) for composite, for hard FH rubber, I chose DHS h3 blue sponge copyes(7.5 euro) that are very, very good,  now I need some soft rubber good for Bh and for some kids FH.

Thanks for ll the answers...keep them comming.

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 7:27am
The new CKylin has better power and spin comparing to old but not much. The sponge and top sheet look exactly the same, only when pressed will give more resistance and bounce back up. Yet it still lack behind 868 Green in feel and play. Sword King is overall a tacky Chinese rubber in a more traditional way. 
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 11:14am
can you guys spare me the frustrations of searching and post the links to buy please:

868 Green
Blue Pheonix
Blue Kylin
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Soundoff88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 6:50pm
TurboZ: Do you know if the Kokutaku 868 40+ with Green Sponge is different from the one with yellow sponge (very tacky). The graphics at the front of the package is different but the back cover is identical down to the bar code. Today I played with the yellow sponge version on a 5 ply wood blade and it works wonder on loop/spin, punch block and flick - yes, it does lack a bit of speed but I can deal with that. Searched the net and couldn't find anyone but one shop that sells this version.
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 6:53pm
Is the Ckylin or the 868 40+ non-tacky and grippy? If so where I can buy them?
FS:

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

Is the Ckylin or the 868 40+ non-tacky and grippy? If so where I can buy them?

868 Green 40+ is tacky and soft. CKylin Blue is grippy and soft. I think they are hard to find outside China. I bought them through taobao agent with a small fee.

Blue Pheonix
Kokutaku 868 Green 40+

Edited by TurboZ - 09/29/2015 at 9:23pm
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 9:07pm
The new ckylin is faster and spinnier. The black is lightly tacky and the red one is gripy with almost no tack. The new sponge is a porous bouncier one. The new ckylin comes in medium soft which is almost like 36-37 deg dhs scale and the medium hard which is 39 -40'deg dhs scale. It is selling hot here in my place becae a lot of people like it very much. I ordered directly from the factory by the way and there are 2 hardness variants. The spin is very high but h3 is still spinnier. The ckylin is faster.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 9:08pm
Megaspin will be selling the reactor rubbers like ckylin.

TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by Soundoff88 Soundoff88 wrote:

TurboZ: Do you know if the Kokutaku 868 40+ with Green Sponge is different from the one with yellow sponge (very tacky). The graphics at the front of the package is different but the back cover is identical down to the bar code. Today I played with the yellow sponge version on a 5 ply wood blade and it works wonder on loop/spin, punch block and flick - yes, it does lack a bit of speed but I can deal with that. Searched the net and couldn't find anyone but one shop that sells this version.

There are so many 868 variations. I have tried a few but not sure which one you are referring to. I can tell this 868 Green Sponge is very durable. I have crack many 868 with just a touch of table but not this one. I have bang it hard and it is still in one piece without any trace of abuse. This rubber is also very elastic and can stretch like a rubber band. :)

I remember there were many taobao stores selling this rubber when I first bought it like a year ago. Seems like it is hard to find even in taobao now.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 9:58pm
I haven't been able to find a non tabao source for this 868 green sponge variant either

I've bought the 868 "training rubbers" from ttnpp several times and I think also from eacheng. I've received porous yellow sponge, non-porous white sponge, black sponge, and probably a few I can't think of. The yellow porous sponge is much softer than the non-porous white sponge.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 10:32pm
The Ckylin that i have posted is the new ckylin and it is known only as "Ckylin" I do not have the packaging for it because i ordered it hastily at that time because the packaging wasn't finished at that time. The Ckylins have been selling liek hotcakes at my place. I sold 36 pcs in just more than a month of selling this rubbers and people really love it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 10:33pm
TurboZ, I purchased this when I was on a trip to Hong Kong.uploads/32354/k868_40+.jpg
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2015 at 11:49pm
I have two sheets of cKylin, med soft blue sponge, en route to me Smile
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 8:32am
The 61 second thunder is nice and fits the OP request nicely.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 11:37am

TurboZ, I purchased this when I was on a trip to Hong Kong.uploads/32354/k868_40+.jpg

I have not seen your version before. I just check mine and they all share the same serial even on their 007 rubbers. So I am not sure what that is exactly stands for.

The red package CKylin is the old version with yellow sponge.

Too bad I don't have the package for the new CKylin Blue Pheonix as I ask the seller to glue it for me. They must have discarded it.

Another dirt cheap Reactor rubber worth mentioning is called Tornado. It has Blue Sponge for black and very tacky and hard. Typical Chinese style.

Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by TurboZ TurboZ wrote:

I have not seen your version before. I just check mine and they all share the same serial even on their 007 rubbers. So I am not sure what that is exactly stands for.

The red package CKylin is the old version with yellow sponge.

Too bad I don't have the package for the new CKylin Blue Pheonix as I ask the seller to glue it for me. They must have discarded it.

Another dirt cheap Reactor rubber worth mentioning is called Tornado. It has Blue Sponge for black and very tacky and hard. Typical Chinese style.

Tornado is as good as H3 (spinner than H3)ClapClapClapClap
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 12:34pm
TurboZ and Soundoff, how much did you pay for each?
FS:

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 12:41pm
I paid 85 hkd or 11 usd.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soundoff88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 12:47pm

Edited by Soundoff88 - 09/30/2015 at 12:48pm
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 2:05pm
You guys know this thread is an EJs dream discussion. That said, keep it coming!!!Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 3:36pm
I think I found a use for ckylin, since it dosnt have enought topsheet grip, I will use a haifu shark topsheet that I unglued from it's sponge, since the sponge was more dead than Freddy Mercury... so I will glue the haifu shark topsheet to the ckylin sponge.

once I tryed a PF4 topsheet in an acuda S1 turbo sponge...greatttttt combination, the thing is, it's very difficult to separate the acuda sponge, so ..it wasnt practical.

but it worked.
TurboZ View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurboZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by ahsq ahsq wrote:

TurboZ and Soundoff, how much did you pay for each?

The CKylin Blue itself is 28 RMB in taobao. That is about US$5. Plus postage and agent fees my guess is around US$8. As I bought a box load of stuff so can't say exactly how much if buying just one rubber.

868 40+ Green is 35 RMB, Tornado is 18 RMB and the new Blue Pheonix is 40 RMB.
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 8:25pm
Turbo Z, now that you have mentioned tornado I have both the orange and blue sponge versions. the blue sponge versions are new and are also in medium hard and medium soft hardness. I have yet to test them since they only arrived yesterday. The orange version sponge of both corbor and tornado rubbers are very light. The blue sponge version is heavier. The tornado like mark v regular and the corbor feels like sriver fx for both orange sponge versions.

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/30/2015 at 8:29pm
i never dealt with Taobao, how do I get them to ship for $3? thats awesome and I'd buy 8 sheets.
FS:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic