Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Best Unknown Rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2015 at 10:04am
liked that dwell time suction on MX-P andO5A. 

O5P and RPG lack such function and I consider they direct rubbers. 

no clue on RG.
FS:
Xiom Vega Pro ST 85 grams $80 shipped
Donic Waldner Senso Carbo JO shaped ST $40 shipped

Sponsored Links

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 6:34pm
Here's another one: Yasaka Zap $9 shipped feebay.

zap vs hidden dragon (crouching tiger coming up very soon)

http://www.pingpongboard.com/showdetail.asp?boardid=32600

BE WARNED, QC is random so ymmv!

Edited by ahsq - 10/16/2015 at 6:37pm
FS:

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 6:37pm
Megaspin has the new ckylin blue pkrous sponge for sale.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 6:45pm
https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=reactor-ckylin

looks like the old version and damn for $23??!!??!! expensive or what?

Edited by ahsq - 10/16/2015 at 6:46pm
FS:

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/2015 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

O5A is much higher grip, with that soft, matte rubber composition you see on more recent tensors. Still just as heavy though, if not more so. Excellent rubber. One of the best in recent years IMO.

Sounds interesting. I wonder if anyone here might be selling a slightly used version of Omega V Asia so I could try it out. If it is heavier than 45g, though, I am not sure I should. Maybe if I had short pips on the other side like on one of my training/sparring paddles.

My sheet is cut slightly large (160hx150w), has a layer of glue on, and weighs 53.08g.

Edit - this is a 2.0mm, black one.

Oh hell, no. Sorry, it may be a great rubber but at this weight (glue even with 2 layers is usually no more than 2 grams) I will have to pass on it. Especially if that is just 2.0 mm version. Wow...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
the_theologian View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2015 at 2:24am
Reactor rubbers now available at Megaspin: https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?cid=rubbers&brand=Reactor

Edited by the_theologian - 10/23/2015 at 7:43pm
Appelgren Allplay ST / Vega Europe max
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2015 at 5:27am
Trying to take advantage of newcomers in tt.

Oh megaspin, where is thou good character.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
Hautamaeki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2015 at 10:18am
Well, I have now played with Bomb UFO, it was a black rubber, max sponge,with a little bit of bio booster (booster with poor effect) Since now I only play once a week, and is for coach some kids, I cant tell you a lot, because I need a really good partner in order to some game drills, like open with BH slow and fast loop, BH rally,the same with FH, short game, flip, long cut, short cut, service, block, etc etc etc  

My review is based mostly in the feel I get with the rubber, if I'm confortable doing the techniques or not.

So so things: service, topshet with some grip, not very high grip, but enough  to serve short and make the ball return fast to the net, lateral service with good arc, fast service good. 

Short game, good feeling, easy to put the ball low and short, very good, easy to push short or long, not with a lot of spin like chinese rubber, but enough. Flips are ok.

Block...excelent, good pace, very good pace with excelent feeling.

Loop: Slow loop is good, fast loop not so good,but good enough, could have a bit more arc. nough spin.

I got some difficulty making fast first BH loop, slow loop was very spinny, But then again I dont practice much, so it's my foult.

I can say, with enough confidence, I could use this rubber mostly in my BH ( I already have an excelent rubber FH and dont change it) 

Lets make some comparisonwith other more known rubber, because it's what drives people to buy it or not.

This rubber reminds maybe tibhar nimbus, but better short game, less catapult in short game, more catapult in fast game.

If I can compete and win against people using tenergy....YES...this must be what you dont want to listen, but, if you practice, you can win agains people playing with tenergy, i'm not a fantastic player, but I coul win good players either tenergy and Bluefires and mx-p using t88-I and yinhe MarsII, then I went last year to a better club and the gave me bluefire to use, and the results were not so good, and I practiced a lot more. 

I'm a better player with spin/control rubbers with only some catapult.

So, use what you feel better with, not because is expensive but because you feel confortable.

Bottom line:    Very Good rubber  1 to 10  -  7,5
Veredict: WOULD BANG
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2015 at 10:59am
Megaspin's ckylin is the new blue sponge ckylin like mine just the wrong picture I guess for the packaging
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2015 at 11:02am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Megaspin's ckylin is the new blue sponge ckylin like mine just the wrong picture I guess for the packaging

That could explain it.

Because old Ckylin and Tornado - as of 2009 - were tacky, grippy and Hurricane style cheap rubbers with not much else going for them except the price. Granted, Ckylin was quite decent even then - especially for 8-10 bucks a pop. I used both for a while and then switched to non-tacky rubbers.

asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/2015 at 11:03am
Should consider the super 999t.

Its 5$ a sheet from eacheng. Or 9.99 on ebay. Has crazy good reviews for bang for buck. Red cover. Not the globe 999. This is classified by eacheng as no brand.

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
bschembri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschembri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 1:46pm
Just a note to confirm that our product image was indeed inaccurate - we showed the old design.

We are selling fresh stock of the new porous sponge that was produced a month ago.

Some images of the sponge here:
https://www.megaspin.net/store/large-image.asp?pid=reactor-ckylin

And we also lowered the price.

Regards,

Bernard
Megaspin.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 2:29pm
anyone knows if this rubber is available in some chinese or european shop?

I saw it for 25 euros from germany, plus 5 euros shipping, total 30 euros, no way.
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by bschembri bschembri wrote:

Just a note to confirm that our product image was indeed inaccurate - we showed the old design.

We are selling fresh stock of the new porous sponge that was produced a month ago.

Some images of the sponge here:
https://www.megaspin.net/store/large-image.asp?pid=reactor-ckylin

And we also lowered the price.

Regards,

Bernard
Megaspin.net

Bernard, could you tell us how heavy Ckylin is? E.g., what weight would the cut rubber have?

ahsq View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ahsq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 2:44pm
is there a aliexpress or taobao for a lower price? 

Im not a fan of the genuine Donic bluefire series, much less this chinese clone. 
FS:

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2015 at 8:40pm
Ckylin is approx. 63 grams uncut

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 3:29am
Originally posted by mttgfg mttgfg wrote:

yogi does the sanwei target national justify its price, since is same or more then dhs hurricane skyline neo series?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hautamaeki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 6:48am
Update BOmb Ufp J:

Now after 5 laayers of booster the rubber has a LOT more spin a and more speed, this surprised me, because usually you get more speed but not more spin, but the stretched topsheet now gives way more spin, compared with acuda series, the sponge is softer..I would say, by now it seems like an acuda s1, with little less catapult....I'm very happy, 10 euros for this, veryyyyy nice.

Edited by Hautamaeki - 10/23/2015 at 6:48am
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 7:05am
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

Originally posted by mttgfg mttgfg wrote:

yogi does the sanwei target national justify its price, since is same or more then dhs hurricane skyline neo series?

if you compare it against a commercial dhs rubber then yes it is much better but pricey.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_theologian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 7:45pm
$40 for a relatively unknown Chinese rubber when Tensors are $35 and less, all day, every day...

I won't be the one spending the money to see if it's worth it
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 8:10pm
Well some people do buy dhs rubbers much more expensive than 40 usd

piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2015 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by the_theologian the_theologian wrote:

$40 for a relatively unknown Chinese rubber when Tensors are $35 and less, all day, every day...

I won't be the one spending the money to see if it's worth it

and people still complain on Tenergy cost   
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2016 at 12:22am
I tried hitting with Reactor Ckylin Blue Porous Sponge version (https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=reactor-ckylin)

I had it mounted to my Galaxy T2s (upgraded version of Galaxy T-2) blade. First day at the club with it.

The feeling of the rubber was superb. Placement and control were 9/10 on my personal scale. Blocks and drives were on point, even shots I thought would go long. The red sheet I was using was not very tacky, which meant I wasn't able to create my usual spinny brush loops. Speed was solid but not as good as I hoped? There is a bit of a kick from the sponge but hardly anything catapulty. 

I may have to mess around with my stroke to get the most out of this, though I am curious about the black sheet I also obtained in my Reactor Ckylin 2-pack, if it is noticably tackier I think I'd be very satisfied. 

Overall it's a very nice feeling sheet but it doesn't have the explosiveness (in both speed and spin) that I was hoping. Just the first night hitting with it, we shall see in a few sessions

Edited by jk92 - 06/17/2016 at 12:23am
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2016 at 1:50pm
Reactor Ckylin (aka Chinese Bluefire) I wrote about in my previous post has certainly found a home on my reverse penhold backhand.

The tack wore off very quickly and given the tackiness of the red sheet isnt that high to begin with, it's a pretty non-tacky sheet now. 

It suits my technique well, and the sponge and rubber send back a fast spinny, low rpb shot esp over the table.

I also have played for a couple weeks now on my forehand, a sheet of Sanwei A+ Tacky rubber. I have the 40 degree, black version.

It plays like your usual tacky rubber, it has nice touch on serves and short pushes and flips have a great feel to them. Looping underspin is good and it's possible to get some good spin on opening loops.

The one thing that really is bothering me at this point is the low throw. I have to consciously modify my stroke to get it to not hit the net, and counterlooping off the table, I have less confidence about getting the ball back due to how unused to the trajectory I am. All in all, I have mixed feelings about this rubber, there's nothing that wows me enough about this to want to keep this for too long. I will try hitting with it more over the next while but I may have to switch it out sometime soon.

Edited by jk92 - 06/29/2016 at 1:50pm
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2018 at 11:10am
is anybody tried Kokutaku BLutenkirshce 868? in package like this:

king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2018 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I recently received this rubber. I have hesitated to apply them, as the yellow sponge seems a bit too soft for the tacky yet soft 868 topsheet. I have hit with a pair of Kokutaku 868 with an orange sponge (very DHS-like 38-39 degree like) and they played really well, so that's why I took a gamble on this pair of rubbers. Only cost like $7 for the pair. I will post results once I've tried them out.
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
vanjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2018 at 7:20am
I used this version for a while years ago. Great rubber. Then I got 3 sheets of rubber in a row that bubbled up in the middle and quit using it. I had used a number of sheets without problem :

KOKUTAKU BLütenkirsche 868(TENSION, NON-TACKY)

achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2018 at 12:23pm
Anyone try this ? My OEM Rubber version

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B01M9K9Y89/ref=olp_tab_all
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
achoomai View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote achoomai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2018 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

This one is cheapest version of Kokutaku product line what they call 868 training.
My feedback : http://www.mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58844&PN=1#726094
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2018 at 1:35pm
Kokutaku BLutenkirshce 868.

I got one from eBay many years ago, but have never tried it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic