Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Adidas R4 replacement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Adam Kasani View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adam Kasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adidas R4 replacement
    Posted: 10/10/2015 at 11:03pm
Greetings from Malaysia. Hi and good day to all, I've been lingering in this forum for as long as I can remember, but didnt register as a member, not until just recently. I am currently looking for a replacement for my back hand rubber which is currently the adidas R4 due to some sad news from one of the topics in this forum that Adidas is going to shut down their table tennis division at the end of this year.

My level is unfortunately not an expert yet, but definitely not a beginner also. I wouldnt know my usatt level as Malaysia doesnt apply any type of player rankings nationally what so ever. But I would like to think myself as I already have almost all the techniques down, but am inconsistent in games. I believe great players can do what ever they want, whenever they want, and that is my goal.

Back to the topic. I like the R4 especially because it is a slightly tacky rubber,and not a high tensor rubber.it has a linear and more classical rubber feeling, but it still have some great punch when u need some speed from it. It's like a faster sriver imo. I love the R4 rubber because it really helps me with my short games due to its non-tensorness (is this even a word?? ) , while the slightly tackiness helps me in my bhand flicks, and the power helps me in my bhand punch, I do need all the help I can get in my game since as I am still not an expert. Can anybody suggest a replacement rubber with similar properties ?? Ur kind opinions and suggestion is much appreciated...
Allergic to table tennis = whenever u see table tennis, it causes an acute urge to play the damn game.
Sponsored Links

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 12:36am
Tibhar nimbus, andro plaxon 450
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 2:11am
I don't know the Adidas R4 but if its anything like a faster sriver with a non tensor feeling, nimbus (bouncy typical tensor feeling, topsheet that turns slick really fast) is not feally a good suggestion. I would rather go with Xiom Musa!
adamkasani View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamkasani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 3:00am
thanks for the reply guys....through out the years , i hv tried BF m2, BF m3, tibhar aurus, rakza 7 soft, Coppa JO platin,  all in my backhand side, and i find that R4 suits me best. eventhough BF and rakza 7 soft rubbers are slightly tacky, they r very bouncy, while tibhar aurus and Coppa JO platin is just too smooth( by which i mean the absence of tackiness)  .......any other rubbers that might meet my needs?
Allergic to table tennis = Any encounter related to table tennis will cause an acute urge to play the damn game.
vajica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vajica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 8:10am
I played with R4 as a transition from Mark V to something faster.

It is a great neutral rubber, very insensitive to incoming spin, but it is not too spiny when you attack either.

I could play with it, the only problem was that I could never get too much underspin on BH serves, that is why I looked for something else.
I switched to Rakza 7 soft in 1.8, after R4 in 2.0 that was close enough, though Rakza is really much bouncier.

You basically need ~38 degrees rubber, not too fast and not too spin sensitive.
Adidas P3 (also in 1.8) could be a solution but I suppose you want to get AWAY from Adidas :D

Boss1703 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss1703 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 8:53am
i heard that adidas has paid the ittf homomogation until 2017 so you can buy some R4...
https://www.facebook.com/pierrefiassemapageping

updated 20.11.10 http://bosscollection.skyrock.com

http://tennisdetablecomtests.skyrock.com

AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/11/2015 at 9:02am
The closest I used to R4/R6 is the Andro Impuls range.  Yogi's suggestion of Plaxxon is probably a good modern option.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic