Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nexy Zealot. Yep, a review.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Crowsfeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nexy Zealot. Yep, a review.
    Posted: 11/08/2015 at 4:34am
Zealot, a 5-ply blade, Burnt Koto(I think) - Spruce - Kiri(Burnt) - Spruce - Koto(On fire)
About 5.8-6.0 in thickness (I did not done the accurate measurement).

Impression
Nexy always built a super quality blade. I don't need to do any woodwork except vanishing. 
No more sanding !!!

The handle in ST and also head-size(regular) is slightly smaller than peter pan. 
Balance is at center bit to the head barehand and feel balanced with a bit head heavy when glued with rubber.

In this test run I pick 1 month old  Xiom VEga Pro 2.0, a "TODAY" Sriver on FH
and Thibhar MX-S max on BH.

Smack time!! 
Regular FB and BH basic hitting, this blade produce a seriously loud noise with Vega pro, a serious crisp sound. The ball is much more direct than hitting with peterpan (less dwelltime) but still great for the placement.

Edited by Crowsfeather - 11/16/2015 at 10:28pm
I'm no longer an EJ and I'm proud .
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2015 at 5:07am
Overall speed is a bit faster than peter pan. The smaller head size and smaller handle give me more versatile on changing from  BH to FH.

With Vega Pro it produce a spinny low arc projectile, it super easy to do aggressive shot and short game attacking. Lifting backspin is easy, it dick the rubber really well. I can easily lift "Parker" short side spin serve with BH with just a small BH whip, it is almost effortless comparing to peterpan.
There is much or the outer ply that do the work for me,quite sure it is great for Chinese style hitting and great for Chinese rubber no chance trying Chinese rubber.

Blocking -  There is a moment that I can feel I receive the ball and the touch is just perfect, I can feel a solid vibration with a rebound from my blade. Blocking is rock solid with a direct trajectory on active stroke. On passive blocking the ball is still short. This set up is not bouncy at all.

Serve - Super spinny, Ball placement is easy.

Distance play
After a while I and Parker try trading on counter loop outside the table I found that the trajectory is not high as expected the ball go almost direct from the hitting point I have to swing more to get it above the net speed is more than enough, spin is FREAK even if I fail to hit it perfectly.

Short pips - I put on BTY speedy po soft 1.9 on BH and find it is easy to hit and chop, it is also easy to general spin out of it than softer plywood blade like limba.

If you want to compare this blade to other brand, i'm thinking of Stiga Emerald but Zealot is thinner lighter ,more solidity also balance is at center (Emerald is head heavy with hollow handle).

Xiom V1 is also close interm of everything but having carbon and weight.

AVX P500 might be the same composition but more flexy and less solid , slower. 

Edited by Crowsfeather - 11/08/2015 at 5:20am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2015 at 5:13am
Inconclusion.

Nexy Zealot is pure 5 ply OFF or slightly Off- blade.
Great for chinese style swing or people who inneed of agressive short game that is controllable and not springy like those hardwood with NCT coat. Faster than P500 with less flex, much more direct.

I crave for the idea of using thin outer ply and elevate thickness through the core.
There is no dull feel of Koto wood like lots of blade in the market that I hate.

It's not super-carbon fast but fast enough for everything. Balance is great that I use MXS and Vega pro is is still not super head heavy. And indeed, it is hard and solid blade that give great feel with enough feedback.

Well play NEXY !!
You impress me again.

I also have chance to play parker Olam  (for a while).

Edited by Crowsfeather - 11/08/2015 at 5:23am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2015 at 5:25am
Ply wood.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2015 at 5:30am
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2015 at 10:16am
Thanks for the review. It makes me want to get a Zealot for my collection.

How many Nexy blades have you tried so far? Any favorites?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2015 at 11:45pm
I own these 4 blades.
Arirang Peterpan Spear and Zeolot 

I also try Qabod Calix I and II, Nexy color. Never had a chance on lissom 
My favorite would be Petepan.

Color and Zealot are awesome.

Spear has great dwell time it is for control looping purpose which not suit me much too mushy for my taste.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/08/2015 at 11:48pm
I bough Arirang from Parker from the Arirang test in a price of shipping fee(lucky me).
Even I don't play it, I have to keep it as it is the world first blade with crystal. lolz
Machine_Head View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machine_Head Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2015 at 12:01am
Would the mushiness of the Spear be caused by using soft rubbers?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowsfeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/09/2015 at 4:01am
It was hexer HD and Omega V tour. But i think the blade is mushy, Nexy design it that way, just for looping.
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 4:52am
I asked one of a spear owner I know 3 days ago about rubber for spear. He said in his opinion tacky surface rubber like chinese rubber is the best for spear. So maybe we can try it together next time we met Mr.Crowfeather :D
Blade:Tibhar Fortino Pro ST 87 g
BH:Xiom Vega X
FH:Dianchi Special D provincial
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 4:58am
and my full review of Olam is coming soon. hope that it isn't too late :)
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2016 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by arteepr arteepr wrote:

I asked one of a spear owner I know 3 days ago about rubber for spear. He said in his opinion tacky surface rubber like chinese rubber is the best for spear. So maybe we can try it together next time we met Mr.Crowfeather :D

I did my first national tourney in Korea using a SPEAR blade. I had 999 on a quattro sponge and XP 2008 at the time, made round of 8 in my division. Whatever rubber you are comfortable will work, just avoid rock hard sponged rubbers.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Nexy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nexy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 7:00am
Just one information to fix.

Zealot does not have burnt Koto for its surface.
(It's not burnt either.)
This wood is a newly used one for TT blade, as far as I know.
I really cherish this new surface wood, and will keep the name uncovered for a while, until some other brnad follows.

Thank you for the lovely review.
Zealot has been my perosnal practicing blade for more than a year, too.
Brand Manager of NEXY
Ray View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/31/2016 at 11:02am
Looks like chestnut to me.
Life is too short for defensive play.

https://twitter.com/spinnier_com
fb.me/spinnier
arteepr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arteepr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2016 at 5:33am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kNSxo2BM4U&feature=youtu.be

I found that Olam first gear is the best for service I've ever tried.
Table tennis lover<3
Feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic