Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rubber for acoustic?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rubber for acoustic?
    Posted: 11/21/2015 at 1:34am
Hi guys,

So recently I bought a nittaku accoustic for my second paddle with H3 Neo and Xiom Vega Europe. My primary / previous paddle is MM with T05 and Rakza 9. I love the Vega europe on the BH with that soft sponge and long dwell time. 

While hurricane 3 neo is really spinny and I can put a lot of topspin on the ball, it's just way too slow for me. I would play for 30 minutes and get more tired compared to playing for 1.5h with tenergy. I'm considering about grabbing a tenergy 05 or 80 for the FH side of acoustic, but we all know just how expensive tenergy is. I play almost 3-5 times a week with 1-2 hours sessions, so I go through the life cycle of the rubber pretty quickly.

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the speed of MM and T05, but i don't know if that's because of MM or the T05 itself. I was thinking of something along the line of TinArc 3, MX-S or even spin art. My rating is probably around 1000-1100 NCTTA (I don't have USATT rating) and I'm an agressive double wing looper who likes to attack first.

Any opinion is appreciated Smile
Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/2015 at 4:07am
Xiom Omega 5 Asia. My forehand rubber of choice. It seems to meet everything you want from it.

Edited by GeneralSpecific - 11/21/2015 at 4:07am
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/2015 at 11:50pm
Which college do you play for ?

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
rickywinataa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickywinataa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 10:46am
Originally posted by asifgunz asifgunz wrote:

Which college do you play for ?

U of Minnesota, although I won't be playing for the regional / national since I'm not good enough LOL

As for update of this thread, I ordered my second sheet of Tenergy 05. Buying a $75 rubber i know i'll love is probably better than gambling on a $55-60 purchase i might not like
asifgunz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asifgunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 10:47am
Could have bought 2 xiom rubbers and have money left over lol

"I do not have any idols. I am my own idol." - Zhang Jike

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=71761&PN=1#905629
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic