Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tibhar Ronin Blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tibhar Ronin Blades
    Posted: 11/23/2015 at 6:55am

The new Ronin blades from Tibhar were released middle of this year. Tibhar intended this for the polyball era but at a mid-range price.

Tibhar CB6 Blade

Weight: 95 grams

Thickness: 6.5mm

Speed: All+ to Off-

The CB6 blade is a 6-ply all wood blade from Tibhar. Strangely, Tibhar used ayous in most of the layers. The blade is a thick one. One thing about the CB6 is that it lacks vibration. It has this rubber layers sandwiched between the handle and the top layer of the plies. When you press hard against the handle or hold the handle tight you would feel some sort of compression on the handle. I bounced the ball against the bare blade and it produced a loud mid low pitched sound. The height of the ball bouncing was not that high, about 5-6 inches.

I used the Nimbus Delta for this test for the forehand and I used an RITC 755 Long pips for the backhand. The blade is kinda heavy so I had to lp on the other side. The blade feels stiff but not so fast. Even on my drives and powershots, the control is very high. The speed is not much and compared to the Stratus power wood, the CB6 is marginally slower. The CB6 is slow that a friend of mine who is good enough to chop using long pips can chop with the CB6 using the 755 0.6mm.

The CB6 is more or less a controlled looping blade. It is above average in smashing and the blade’s speed is designed only close to the table. This could be a beginner’s to intermediate blade. This could be also for advanced players but for players who prefer to spin more or block more. The blade is very good to block with both in the forehand and backhand.

Tibhar CB6 Blade

Weight: 90 grams

Thickness: 6.5mm

Speed: OFF to OFF+

The Ronin CB is the composite blade of the 2 Ronin blades. They have the same handle design in which a layer on each side of the blade handle has a sponge or foam layer. Tibhar claims to have added their “sensory amplifier” on to the handle design of the 2 CB blades. For me the foam layer really acts as a vibration dampener. In my opinion, blades with ayous and carbon layers have plenty of feel and in some a lot vibrations especially if they have hallow handles. The foam layer removed a lot of bad vibrations upon ball contact.

The Ronin CB is a fast attacking blade but its speed seems to be not a true off+ speed but also it is faster slightly than off level. It is marginally slower than the Samsonov Carbon. Although the CB blade has the same ayous and carbon layers with the Samsonov carbon balde, you can really feel the difference in speed. When you say the Samsonov Carbon is fast, it is blazingly fast. The CB blade is “above average” fast only.

The CB is a good attacking blade when you want a balanced set up that is good for control, spin and additional speed on your attacks. Despite the foam layer or rubber layer between the handle and blade surface, the blade has good and adequate feel. It is controllable and forgiving on your attacks and doesn’t require much skill to use. I attached an MXP on this blade and an MXS also. The MXP is not too fast and you can spin with it well enough. The MXS was a bit slow. Overall, this is a good all around attacking blade that you can basically block, hit and spin with. Due to its playing characteristics, I could recommend this even to just intermediate level players because it is easy to use and learn strokes with.

Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Sponsored Links

igorigor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorigor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 7:47am
This blade is made in Slovenia.  The foam layer is a vibration dampener, which is duly established by yogi_bear. Truth: “sensory amplifier” is only advertising.
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 8:47am
how you compare ronin CB to timo boll spirit yogi in terms of stiffness- speed- spin- control
MJ SZLC ST

FH Hurricane 8 2.15m Black
BH Super 999t 2.2mm Red

Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 12:06pm
I had a Ronic CB.

The foam layer under the handle became so wet that it separated from the blade. All I noticed was a severe loss of control after two months. I was able to pull off the handle without any effort just with my hands. It was a decent blade until that point.

I asked a friend to reglue the handle without the foam layer and the blade became awful. Stiff, uncontrollable and unreliable.

It is not worth buying if you are looking to use it for a longer time. Tibhar did not manage to pull off a break-through with the CB system unfortunately.
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 1:19pm
Thanks Yogi for another super fine review!
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by manraid manraid wrote:

how you compare ronin CB to timo boll spirit yogi in terms of stiffness- speed- spin- control

Tbs is stiffer maybe equal in speed.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 7:00pm
Hans, wet from sweat?

DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2015 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Hans Regenkurt Hans Regenkurt wrote:

I had a Ronic CB.

The foam layer under the handle became so wet that it separated from the blade. All I noticed was a severe loss of control after two months. I was able to pull off the handle without any effort just with my hands. It was a decent blade until that point.

I asked a friend to reglue the handle without the foam layer and the blade became awful. Stiff, uncontrollable and unreliable.

It is not worth buying if you are looking to use it for a longer time. Tibhar did not manage to pull off a break-through with the CB system unfortunately.

Is 'CB' system name used for the "foam layer" in the handle? I thought it stood for carbon, as in Stratus Samsonov CB, which has Kevlar-carbon layer in it but no foam layer in the handle. Btw CB in SSCB provides a great feel for me.

I think the 'sensory amplification' yogi talked about in the review is what Tibhar intended to do with this foam layer. I was interested in these blades but given the thickness + this foam layer that you guys just mentioned is very off-putting now.

Also Ronin 6 does not have a CB layer thus name "Ronin 6" whereas Ronin CB has a Kevlar-carbon layer. I think only 3 current blades in Tibhar line up have the CB layer which are Ronin CB, SSCB, and CCY Unlimited.

Edited by DreiZ - 11/23/2015 at 8:16pm
Main:
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm

Chopper:
Stratus Power Defense 85g
FH: Hybrid K3 max
BH: Grass D.TecS 0.9mm

USATT: 1725
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2015 at 12:57am
Originally posted by yogi_bear yogi_bear wrote:

Hans, wet from sweat?

Yes, unfortunately.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic